Repatriate's casual observations about Manila.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

What website(s) are you using? Avoid DIA unless u r just mainly looking for casual hook-ups and are willing to do a lot of digging. DIA profiles only have one photo plus a lot of them are BS and you see many ladyboys there.

With the best dating sites, you can filter out single moms, shorties, fatties, in advanced search section. In my experience, most girls are honest about whether they have and children or not in their profiles. The only time I inadvertently met a single mom (cus she ticked no children box on profile), she came clean on our first meeting. Also, if you get their FB profile, you will most likely post photos of their kid(s) if they have any.

If you wanna improve your odds of finding a decent girl, filter for things like:
- no children
- taller
- lighter skin
- profiles which are long and well thought out, which give a good description of person and what they are seeking
- profiles which make it clear they are not after money and/or have reasonable preferred age ranges relative to their own
- nurses, professionals, business people, or students in certain unis

When you establish contact, you can do further filters, how they come across on phone or cam, their Facebook page, etc.

If you hope to find some quality matches for yourself online, you should aim to most effectively apply the available technology to take a space with tens of thousands of profiles and whittle it down to a hot list of less a dozen or so strong prospects. To put things in perspective (so you know how many online Filipina profiles are out there), Will N. Dowd has received over 5,000 messages in less than 3 years. That's works out to an average of over 4 new messages each and every day for the last 1,100 days! And his cellphone gets totally blown-up with text messages. A lot of Pinays wanna make sure he's taken his lunch lol.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

We're getting tour of the clubs. Then sat bday party of chick i wrote on my thread. It'll be glitzy as fck as she is a fashion designer. Not really into that crowd but with repa as my wing and observer partner -- we got this!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Also note that traffic is getting insane at this time of year. What used to take 30 mins now takes 2 hours.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Repa, you can pass as Filipino. Actually any Asian can pass of as one. I noticed this as when I was watching the vid of the dentistry students, one of the girls was talking to you in Tagalog.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote:What website(s) are you using?
The most popular one of course ;).
With the best dating sites, you can filter out single moms, shorties, fatties, in advanced search section. In my experience, most girls are honest about whether they have and children or not in their profiles. The only time I inadvertently met a single mom (cus she ticked no children box on profile), she came clean on our first meeting. Also, if you get their FB profile, you will most likely post photos of their kid(s) if they have any.
I haven't been totally proactive just sort of filtering out of those that show interest first. I should be more proactive because the one girl I actually msg'd first is the one I met up and had a great time with.
If you wanna improve your odds of finding a decent girl, filter for things like:
- no children
- taller
- lighter skin
- profiles which are long and well thought out, which give a good description of person and what they are seeking
- profiles which make it clear they are not after money and/or have reasonable preferred age ranges relative to their own
- nurses, professionals, business people, or students in certain unis
Good tips. I'm not far from the medical center so there has to be a pool of medical students around here I think I may see if I can isolate just this female demo and see what happens. :lol:

To put things in perspective (so you know how many online Filipina profiles are out there), Will N. Dowd has received over 5,000 messages in less than 3 years. That's works out to an average of over 4 new messages each and every day for the last 1,100 days! And his cellphone gets totally blown-up with text messages. A lot of Pinays wanna make sure he's taken his lunch lol.
Yes, I totally believe it. I have 400 interest clicks in 3 weeks and i've done a pretty half-assed job pipelining.

I also think Dec. may not be the most ideal month to visit the Philippines. People seem a lot more occupied with family obligations, work, etc..

I have also noticed that quite a few members on here Steve55 etc.. who are big on online dating in the Phil have complained a lot about getting hit up with money requests. On the positive side of things so far this hasn't happened to me once with any filipinas i've been talking to. Also, they've been respectful about asking if they can bring another person. I declined a few meets because they wanted to bring a friend. I know you said this is normal but I just don't care for it.

edit: Btw, just curious but how are filipinas with facial hair? Thai women hate anything except clean shaven.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:Repa, you can pass as Filipino. Actually any Asian can pass of as one. I noticed this as when I was watching the vid of the dentistry students, one of the girls was talking to you in Tagalog.
Yep, it's only the highly observant or well traveled who can identify me correctly. I think my look is ambiguous enough that I fit into most asian countries that have a bit of NE asian admixture in the population.

In Thailand i've even had a few Japanese tourists ask me if i'm Japanese, along with Thais asking me questions about the area etc..
mguy
Junior Poster

Just casual observations

Post by mguy »

- I've stopped with the online dating completely. My mailbox is still clogged. I am with Repa on that there is something inherently wrong with online Filipinas.. but not all. There are gems there. But 97% are not worth it.

- Thing is local Filipinos do not really need online dating and it is still considered taboo avenue to meet girls. Work social connections is how things are done.

- One thing though. I would say it would be worthwhile for YOUNGER men to get on the online game. If you are a young white guy you will do very well here. An older guy has to contend with the scammers and your SMV (sexual market value) drops like a rock very quickly, especially for White men. It is an age oriented society but nobody seems to listen.

- The "monger effect" is very real. You may not want to hear it, but many Filipinas are not open to dating foreigners. If you don't believe me I will post the next vid straight from their mouth.

- The posters at Roosh may seem like they are God's gift to a third world nation, but the majority of girls they are banging I suspect are close to whores and slum girls dressed in glittery outfits. You must understand that p***y is cheap here. These guys are dragging down the American image equity every time they lay on these girls in the clubs with the upper-class crowd watching.

- The Filipina goggles fades away. Girls I found datable before makes me cringe now. My taste is morphing and becoming more in tune with local tastes. I know who is hot and who isn't. Most foreigners are not dating hot girls. Most are not dating average. Most are actually dating pretty ugly girls IMO.

- Also if you look around you will see all these white guys with Filipinas and the Filipina's kids. It's like the Philippine version of the social security system: American men.

- Asian-American men will do very well here. There is no "monger effect" to contend with. No age issues either. Females will be most open to you. You will considered an outsider but very much part of the insider group. If Repa will only come down to street level of his condo and start talking to the office workers walking by he will know how good he has it. :)

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: Just casual observations

Post by Repatriate »

mguy wrote:-
- The "monger effect" is very real. You may not want to hear it, but many Filipinas are not open to dating foreigners. If you don't believe me I will post the next vid straight from their mouth.
This already happened a decade ago in Korea and Japan. The Monger effect has become reality in those places and mainstream girls who may have once been open to foreigners are no longer open at all. They even have a thread on Roosh about how difficult Japan is.

This is also why a lot of white english teachers bitch about Korea all the time too because cock blocking is a national sport for Korean men and the girls are hard to get on top of that. So I imagine there are a lot of frustrated foreign men there who thought girls would be throwing themselves at them. So now they spend their time bitching about Korea instead. :lol:

I can see the same effect settling in with Thailand too. Girls are very wary of mongers over there now and speaking Thai and/or having a social circle is almost mandatory if you want to date quality girls.
- The posters at Roosh may seem like they are God's gift to a third world nation, but the majority of girls they are banging I suspect are close to whores and slum girls dressed in glittery outfits. You must understand that p***y is cheap here. These guys are dragging down the American image equity every time they lay on these girls in the clubs with the upper-class crowd watching.

Yeah, it's like a national loss of face that I want to distance myself from. In some venues elsewhere it's actually better to say that i'm straight up Taiwanese and just drop the American part.
- Also if you look around you will see all these white guys with Filipinas and the Filipina's kids. It's like the Philippine version of the social security system: American men.
There was a Thai politician who said that he hopes Isaan women from the poorest region of Thailand go and find european husbands. His exact statement:
The Pheu Thai MP told an audience of about 1000 red shirts at a rally in Samut Prakan province near Bangkok that Thai women should look to find a farang husband for an easy life. 'European governments give you everything for free,' he is seen saying on a You Tube video which was posted of his speech.

Sunai told his audience including many Thai women to 'get a German husband, get a Swedish husband, and get a Norwegian husband. People used to love (Thailand) unreservedly. But the more they loved the country, the poorer they got. The more they loved the country, the stupider they got.' In recent years many Thai women have been moving to Norway and Sweden in particular where state support services for Thai women are particularly strong. The numbers of Thai women migrating to Germany continues apace with Germany being one of the first countries where Thai women migrated through marriage beginning in the early 70s.

But the Thai MP had more to say in relation to the growing interest among Thai women in learning foreign languages and study abroad. 'All you need is a farang husband and their government will pay you to study,' he said. He then added fuel to the fire by suggesting to Thai women that the best way to study was through sleeping with a western man. 'Sitting studying is too slow. Lie down to study, and then go to the hospital. They will pay you to have the baby...it's all free right down to the shitty diapers.'
:lol: It's kind of true though. There are a lot of very stupid western men who marry these provincial women and pop kids out without realizing the net drag effect it has on their own social system.
If Repa will only come down to street level of his condo and start talking to the office workers walking by he will know how good he has it. :)
Haha, believe me it's not because i'm shy or something. I'm always like this in a new country. I like to get a feel for the people first before jumping in. I feel I make less mistakes that way and can gauge personalities/situations better. I'm very cautious like that.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Just casual observations

Post by Rock »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote: 3) Dodgy groupie behavior. I've noticed some are just straight up online groupies. They are looking to be banged out by as many white foreign cocks as possible. They are traded and passed around like show ponies at a millionaire's horse ranch. If you read some of the Rooshv forum threads you realize a lot of these guys end up literally banging the same party girls. One gets passed on to the next dude in the party circuit and the girl basically has her legs spread to get picked up for the next dude to land on vacation. It's gross and these women really aren't better than whores at a p4p bar except they are doing it for free. Which in fact from a moral stand point is worse if you think about it. Maybe p4p whores really need the cash for desperate reasons on the other hand these girls enjoy being whores as a lifestyle. That's a very severe personality defect in my mind.
I don't see where you get this. Just because you see the same girl's photos on a lot of dating sites doesn't mean that she's looking for casual sex to score with as many men as possible. That's a strange deduction. It could be that she's desperate for sponsors, or she has nothing to do, or some scammer is using her photos.

Also, women do not try to bang as many men as possible. They do not see having sex as a "conquest". Perhaps you are projecting yourself onto them? It's not in a girl's nature to do that. I don't see where you get this. And I've never heard of girls like that either. They seem to only exist in stories and men's fantasies.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote: 3) Dodgy groupie behavior. I've noticed some are just straight up online groupies. They are looking to be banged out by as many white foreign cocks as possible. They are traded and passed around like show ponies at a millionaire's horse ranch. If you read some of the Rooshv forum threads you realize a lot of these guys end up literally banging the same party girls. One gets passed on to the next dude in the party circuit and the girl basically has her legs spread to get picked up for the next dude to land on vacation. It's gross and these women really aren't better than whores at a p4p bar except they are doing it for free. Which in fact from a moral stand point is worse if you think about it. Maybe p4p whores really need the cash for desperate reasons on the other hand these girls enjoy being whores as a lifestyle. That's a very severe personality defect in my mind.
I don't see where you get this. Just because you see the same girl's photos on a lot of dating sites doesn't mean that she's looking for casual sex to score with as many men as possible. That's a strange deduction. It could be that she's desperate for sponsors, or she has nothing to do, or some scammer is using her photos.

Also, women do not try to bang as many men as possible. They do not see having sex as a "conquest". Perhaps you are projecting yourself onto them? It's not in a girl's nature to do that. I don't see where you get this. And I've never heard of girls like that either. They seem to only exist in stories and men's fantasies.
I don't know the answer to the first part (how he can tell certain girls he's seen profiles of fall into that slut category) but sluts and easy girls certainly do exist, even in Phils. You've heard the term nymphomaniac right? Well some do exist in real life though I'm not saying all or even most slutty types are like that. Girls may be lost in life, crave attention, or have other emotional and/or psychological issues which cause them to behave like sluts and gravitate to the party world.

Some of the call center girls start out innocent and end up getting wrapped up in smoking, drinking, partying, and sleeping with multiple guys. Seems peers can have a big influence and the job itself is often boring and requires working all night.

Party girls are sometimes reasonably attractive in a purely physical sense. But their behavior (many smoke, drink, talk on phone, text, and have a casual non-serious vibe) really detracts from the package. I can certainly understand why Repat would not wanna meet them, even the ones who are attractive to him. But as I said, I'm not sure how he can detect them.

DIA is really just the place to find such gals lol. Filipino Cupid and some other sites are going to have a better selection of other types (non-sluts) to filter from IMO.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: I don't see where you get this. Just because you see the same girl's photos on a lot of dating sites doesn't mean that she's looking for casual sex to score with as many men as possible. That's a strange deduction. It could be that she's desperate for sponsors, or she has nothing to do, or some scammer is using her photos.

Winston, i'm basing this on:

1) Rooshv threads where some of the hardcore poon hounds there have SAID outright that they have f***ed the same girls from the same dating sites on trips a few months apart. They even had pics of the same girls.

2) Plus if you browse enough profiles it's kind of obvious that some are just online to party it up with mostly white foreign guys. They want to be taken to nice clubs, danced, wined and dined, and pumped in nice condos preferably by a young handsome foreign gentlemen on holiday. It's even worded that way in some of the profiles, man.

Do you really believe that a segment of women don't get vicarious thrills from living the high life for a short period of time? Especially in a relatively 3rd world country where most local men wouldn't do this for them?

How can you deny that there are no party girls? Maybe you didn't spend much time in clubs (p4p venues don't count) but I assure you they exist all over the world in nightclubs. In Bangkok they are definitely a part of the scene. It's very obvious to me there are quite a few here in Manila too. They aren't pros but they straddle a thin line. These girls also aren't all poor either some of them are just real slutty but with normal jobs.

Go google up Sarong party girls if you doubt what i'm saying.

edit:

Winston when are you going to get up off your ass and get out of the U.S. anyhow? I noticed you've become increasingly mean spirited and bitter over the past year or two. It's like you're going through menopause. Maybe all that vegan dieting and soy product has caused the estrogen in your body to finally reach critical mass and you're now growing tits and a vagina. Your behavior has been quite mangina like for awhile now with the pining over strippers, arguing over petty shit, etc..

Start traveling again for f**k's sake.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:Winston when are you going to get up off your a** and get out of the U.S. anyhow? I noticed you've become increasingly mean spirited and bitter over the past year or two. It's like you're going through menopause. Maybe all that vegan dieting and soy product has caused the estrogen in your body to finally reach critical mass and you're now growing tits and a v****a. Your behavior has been quite mangina like for awhile now with the pining over strippers, arguing over petty shit, etc..

Start traveling again for f**k's sake.
This is starting to make me wonder if AmericanInBangkok and Repatriate are actually clones of each other! I'm now starting to imagine a boxing policeman who's been in jail twice for banging Thai-Chinese schoolgirls. :D

Seriously, what's with all those cranky expats in Thailand.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Rock, chill out.. no negativity here, just observations.

The age thing was that a White guy in his 20s is seen differently than a White guy in his 40s. At 40 or so he tends to blend in and resemble the mongers thus a Filipina might distance herself if she cares much about social perception. It didn't use to be like this, but it is increasingly becoming so. The younger guy doesn't carry this which makes him very attractive -- that's why I tell the posters here who's younger to try Manila to get the full attraction effect.

I'll post the vid and let you guys decide.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:Rock, chill out.. no negativity here, just observations.

The age thing was that a White guy in his 20s is seen differently than a White guy in his 40s. At 40 or so he tends to blend in and resemble the mongers thus a Filipina might distance herself if she cares much about social perception. It didn't use to be like this, but it is increasingly becoming so. The younger guy doesn't carry this which makes him very attractive -- that's why I tell the posters here who's younger to try Manila to get the full attraction effect.

I'll post the vid and let you guys decide.
I'm just responding to your observations and contrasting certain points with my own perceptions.

For example, you say that Phils. is age sensitive and while I don't doubt that's true, I also want you to put things in perspective in a way relevant to certain HAers. Phils. is also considered by many to be an older man's country. So the point I hope came through from my side was that it is still is a relatively better destination for the old guys, certainly better than NE Asia and probably better than the rest of SE Asia for English speaking guys at least. And as I also argued, it may be better than most places in the rest of the world.

Whether or not it stays that way is another discussion. Some people, yourself included, that the living standard in Phils is rising rapidly and is benefiting a large percentage of the local population. If that's the case, then we can expect 'age arbitrage' opportunities for men of means to decline going forward. OTOH, others such as Mr. S seem to believe that Phils. is organized in such a way to perpetuate poverty for the masses and that the powers that be will make sure it stays economically dysfunctional for most. If that's the case, it will likely remain an old man's country into the foreseeable future.

My personal feeling (and it's more gut level than anything else) is that Phils. will rise over the coming years. It's easy to get seduced by all the activity you see around you in Metro Manila. But if things continue to move forward, it will still take a long time for the increased wealth and economic opportunities to trickle into the poorer provincial regions of the country enough to make a noticeable difference.

Also, you've been saying or implying that a lot of local girls don't wanna date foreigners but you also say it's a great place for younger white guys. I'm guessing what you mean is that older white guys automatically get labelled with the monger brush which of course is undesirable to any girl who cares much about how she's perceived by others. So my question here was, does that not apply to Filipinos and perhaps other Asian men as well? Are you saying that it's all good for older Asian men there? Just trying to be clear.