Winston's 5ft 3 cousin just got married to a hot Asian bride in America!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston's 5ft 3 cousin just got married to a hot Asian bride in America!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Over the weekend, I went to two post wedding dinners here in Taiwan. My older cousin, who's a doctor, had just gotten married and in accord with Taiwanese tradition, the families treat their guest to a banquet afterward.

His bride turned out to be really hot, though she was almost a foot taller than him. Wow. He's only like 5ft3 or 5ft4 too. So he must have gotten really lucky since most women strongly prefer men who are taller than them. I heard he met her at a hospital called Tzu Chi, where volunteered his services as a doctor and she as a nutritionist, so I guess volunteer work is a good place to find someone who is not shallow and has a good heart.

Here is a picture of them on a frame that was placed at the entrance to the banquet.

To my knowledge, this might be his first or second girlfriend that he's marrying though. He's a few years older than me, but very humble, modest, kind, conventional, and non-assertive. Being meek and short, he obviously doesn't get many dates, nor does he try. He's too nice to try and "get something", totally unlike me. Like most Taiwanese, he follows the established order of things, never questioning or challenging anything.

I think almost everyone in my family, except for a few political radicals, are like that. (I wonder why I'm so different?) In fact, even most Chinese Americans I know are like that too. They are pure conformists, never thinking outside the box, and are narrow minded, not broad minded or open. But they are kind and gentle in nature.

Their minds also tend to be limited to surface practicalities. For instance, they can look at you and tell you if you are more fat or skinny than before. But they cannot open the Bible or Karl Marx's manifesto and critique it or point out flaws, contradictions, and fallacies in them. They are not used to analyzing concepts, ideas, theories, beliefs or teachings. That requires thinking outside the box, and that's not in their nature. I think this is true for most of Asia, not just Taiwan. In addition, their communication skills are not very assertive or articulate either.

Anyhow, he is the last of my cousins on my dad's side of the family to be married. I guess that leaves me as the only one left that's unmarried on my dad's side. However, all my relatives think I'm married to Dianne for some reason, probably cause we have a son so they assume we are married, after all, that's their train of thought and they do not think outside the box. I am hesitant to tell any of my relatives that I don't agree with the institution of marriage or explain the reasons why, for unconventional views, no matter how much they make sense, are over their head and pretty much incomprehensible to them. In fact, if they saw this website, it'd be over their heads and would simply be ejected from their minds, for their minds cannot process something that is outside the box. Sadly, that's just how it is. I guess Asia is not the place for broad minded intellectual conversation. lol

By the way, I met some distant cousins I didn't know existed. And one of them was pretty hot. Have a look:

(the one in red in the middle below)

Nice legs too!

This his sister and her daughter. She is very sweet and gentle.

You know, pretty much everyone in my family has a stable life, stable job, stable family, and set routine in their life. They are locked in some form of commitment one way or another, or are trying to lock themselves into one in the future. It's true that all my cousins have jobs and money, and stability in their lives, whereas I don't and am in perpetual limbo. However, if you Google or Yahoo any of my cousin's names, nothing will come up. No one talks about them on forums or blogs. Others do not mention their lives, their works or books they write. And that's because their lives are NOT INTERESTING to others, whereas mine is obviously.

That's the only thing I have over them, besides my broader mind. If you Google or Yahoo my name or site, hundreds of hits will come up, not just from my site, but from other sites where other people are talking about me or one of my works. That's because I'm interesting and have a reputation and what I've done is significant to others.

This gives my life more meaning in a sense, in that I've impacted others, inspired people and drawn heat from critics as well. If I had a completely conventional and average life, no one would know me and Google and Yahoo would have no hits on me, other than maybe Facebook profiles or work related profiles.

Likewise, I've Googled some of my past friends and acquaintances from high school and most of them have no hits either, except for maybe a Facebook profile or a job related profile on a company website. But no one talks about them. Their lives are not interesting enough, or they are out of the public spotlight.

But then again, I've never been normal either. I've been subdued and ignored and ostracized, but never "normal".

BTW, speaking of publicity, keep in mind that there are MANY global dating guys out there who have as much experience and wisdom about dating abroad as me and my advisors - Ladislav and Mr S. But they do not start websites about global dating or dating abroad, or make their lives or experiences public in any way. That's why you never hear about them, unless you run into them during your travels. Only a very small handful, perhaps less than 5, global daters make websites or turn this into a public issue. I'm one of them of course.
Last edited by Winston on December 8th, 2013, 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jake
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake »

Perhaps they are happy to be low profile as they are living in their real lives. Many of my relatives are in real life. Maybe I should deactivate my Facebook soon as I want to be low profile. Being low profile lets you have the maximum options available just like being a "ghost".

By the way, Jake is not my real name or anything remote to that as I truly want to be low profile and at any time, I can abandon my online username.

You need to find a way to make a living for yourself and just do it. I suggest you live in China with all the hot Mainland girls available for you especially in the cities but that's my Chinaman's point of view. Take care of yourself Winston.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jake wrote:Perhaps they are happy to be low profile as they are living in their real lives. Many of my relatives are in real life. Maybe I should deactivate my Facebook soon as I want to be low profile. Being low profile lets you have the maximum options available just like being a "ghost".

By the way, Jake is not my real name or anything remote to that as I truly want to be low profile and at any time, I can abandon my online username.

You need to find a way to make a living for yourself and just do it. I suggest you live in China with all the hot Mainland girls available for you especially in the cities but that's my Chinaman's point of view. Take care of yourself Winston.
Hi Jake, thanks for your input. Why is it better to have a low profile? Why does that give you "maximum options"? Can you explain that?

In my view, they keep low profile not because it's better, but because they are simple minded people who only know how to conform and can only think of life in terms of surface practicalities. They are not intellectuals, or open minded. Their minds are not that broad. Some people are just happy being conformists and following the established order of things. Wouldn't you agree?

How do you get so many girls in China? In my experience, Chinese are very closed and do not talk to you unless they know you. And the girls like to play hard to get.

If I go to China, I guess you can give me advice :)

PS - How did you find out about this site?
Last edited by Winston on December 7th, 2013, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
James G
Freshman Poster
Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Post by James G »

Nice, cute gal

~James
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Congrats to your cousin. :)
Jake
Freshman Poster

Post by Jake »

Congrats to your cousin as well. Makes me feel someday I'll seek a wife or a live in girlfriend in China as I want kid that looks like it belongs to me since I'm a Chinaman .
OLU
Freshman Poster

Post by OLU »

you think outside the box and look what happened to you. your family probably uses you as an example of what can happen if you step out of line
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Lucky guy, your cousin. If I showed you a picture of my cousin's wife, you'd wish that you were blind.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hero wrote:Lucky guy, your cousin. If I showed you a picture of my cousin's wife, you'd wish that you were blind.
Yeah he's lucky this time. But remember, he is in his late 30's and to my knowledge, he has never had a girlfriend before (at least not that he's told me about). I wasn't sure if he could ever find someone. I guess as they say "there's someone for everyone".

He comes from a perfectly square, prudish and narrow family that has no interests outside of basic practical living. They are like different creatures, even though they are very kind people and generous too. I humor them when I see them, even though we are different as hell, mentally speaking.

I think most guys here prefer to have experienced different hot women before getting married. He never had that desire. Yeah he has a hot wife now, but before that he had no dating success and his life was all work and no play, which is normal to Taiwanese people.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

It seems like the lives of all of my co-workers are all work and no play, including me. The difference is that I don't intend to put up with it forever. I'm planning on 3 more years at my current job, then finding a career that actually allows me a life, even if it is in a foreign country. 8)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hero, three more years? Yikes, that's a lot of time to waste while not living the life you want. Dang. How do you have so much patience? You do know that these three years are priceless and will never return, don't you?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well my cousin is still happily married and they have two kids now. They now live near Modesto, CA in a rural area because that's where the hospital he works at is. Modesto is not a nice town at all. It's kind of ghetto if I remember. Aren't doctors able to choose where they want to live and work?

Anyway, now my cousin has very long hours at the hospital, in addition to two kids. So his freedom level is like 0.00000000 even though he has a hot wife. lol

Do you think it's worth it to be that way? How do people tolerate that?

Do you think a normal conformist life like what he has is better, or a life of freedom like me and Rock has is better?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Do you think it's worth it to be that way? How do people tolerate that?
If his relationship is good with his wife and he comes home to a loving embrace, happy kids, and a warm environment then yes it is totally worth it. If we were all so fortunate to be guaranteed an outcome like that..
Do you think a normal conformist life like what he has is better, or a life of freedom like me and Rock has is better?
It's trading more stability and security for adventure. If you weigh the pros and cons then neither choice is completely wrong. It's all about being happy. If you are happy and content with where you are at then that's where you are meant to be. For some being on the road traveling is where they are the happiest. Personally, I enjoy shifting social environments, cultures, people, and situations. A static existence rooted somewhere only makes me feel restless and tired. My father is the same way, he complains all the time about staying in one place and he's in his 80's.

The bigger question is why in the world are you rotting away in Vegas? At least go to Mexico or something and post up trip reports. Stop dilly dallying your life away at vegan buffets and getting fatt(er).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
I'm not in Vegas. I left on November 14 for a road trip remember? I'm on the road now seeing nature, which is what I came here for. Didn't you read my updates here:

viewtopic.php?t=18422

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Repatriate,
I'm not in Vegas. I left on November 14 for a road trip remember? I'm on the road now seeing nature, which is what I came here for. Didn't you read my updates here:

viewtopic.php?t=18422
Gazing at trees, bodies of water, and rocks in America is obviously not what I meant. When are you going to do some real traveling instead of this spiritual navel gazing American hippie bullshit? There's plenty of time to be one with nature when you're in the grave.