I really want advice!

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

I really want advice!

Post by Bao3niang »

Hi everyone, I guess quite a few of you know me pretty well already. The first step in my plan to being happier abroad is to learn how to make money online. Just today I signed up for PayPal with the credit card my mother gave me (I'm 18 only). I've been thinking about doing English-Chinese translation jobs and also online tutoring by teaching English or Chinese, but I have not found many good websites, and the few legitimate ones I've found all require at least a college education. In the future when I have my own credit card and bank account I might do TEFL training so I can begin by teachign English abroad.

So, the question is, how do I start making money online? I need suggestions on A) What to do B) Good websites that offer jobs where you can work anywhere as long as you have internet C) Please share personal experience!

As for actually going abroad and dating, SEA is on the top of my list for now (Thai, Viet, Phil, Malaysia my top options so far). I signed up for www.vietnameselove.com and I've began talking with a few girls (18-23 range mainly) on Skype. Ideally, I hope to take a trip to Vietnam (HCMC, Da Nang, Hanoi, etc.) either next year or year after, but now nothing has been confirmed.

I currently live in Beijing and feel totally trapped here. Unfortunately, being a Chinese-Canadian, I may have to go to uni in Canada :( But I want to start travelling right after graduation.

Really want to visit some of the girls on the Vietnamese site and see which one suits me best! If you guys have any other suggestions in regard to my situation, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and God bless!
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Don't get stuck in a place worse then you live, because that's exactly what your allowing to happen by ending up in canada....

Keep your self in Asia trust me, if you think it's bad where you are, just step inside a western country and don't get me started on the racism here.

You said you were interested in japan and Vietnamese women, say study in a vietnamese uni, that way you get the christian experience still and are around women of quality if you don't like your selection of women in china.

But honestly... I don't think I'd ever use a dating site as a local of a country I was born in, as weird as that sounds, often people using websites to date within ones own country are overly picky where is if one is dating people outside of their own country and using a site to do it, it isn't always the same, but that's just my observation.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Bro, have any Japanese girls responded to you on the dating sites?

BTW from the girls I've talked to so far, I already know the names of 2 schools in Vietnam:

A) Hoa Sen (Lotus) University

B) Broward College Vietnam

Both are in Saigon.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I didn't message any, to be honest even the japanese dating sites don't have a lot of women to pick from, I mostly stick with dateinasia website, though I find a lot of the girls are fake or not really looking, but it's where I met my ex, so I figure it works better when your IN the country
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Japan Cupid didn't have much choice.

Still not met ANYONE in real life from DateInAsia. Sheesh.

I want to go to Vietnam, maybe early next year.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
tre
Junior Poster

Re: I really want advice!

Post by tre »

Bao3niang wrote:Hi everyone, I guess quite a few of you know me pretty well already. The first step in my plan to being happier abroad is to learn how to make money online. Just today I signed up for PayPal with the credit card my mother gave me (I'm 18 only). I've been thinking about doing English-Chinese translation jobs and also online tutoring by teaching English or Chinese, but I have not found many good websites, and the few legitimate ones I've found all require at least a college education. In the future when I have my own credit card and bank account I might do TEFL training so I can begin by teachign English abroad.

So, the question is, how do I start making money online? I need suggestions on A) What to do B) Good websites that offer jobs where you can work anywhere as long as you have internet C) Please share personal experience!

As for actually going abroad and dating, SEA is on the top of my list for now (Thai, Viet, Phil, Malaysia my top options so far). I signed up for www.vietnameselove.com and I've began talking with a few girls (18-23 range mainly) on Skype. Ideally, I hope to take a trip to Vietnam (HCMC, Da Nang, Hanoi, etc.) either next year or year after, but now nothing has been confirmed.

I currently live in Beijing and feel totally trapped here. Unfortunately, being a Chinese-Canadian, I may have to go to uni in Canada :( But I want to start travelling right after graduation.

Really want to visit some of the girls on the Vietnamese site and see which one suits me best! If you guys have any other suggestions in regard to my situation, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and God bless!
First off, I just want to compliment you for having the mindset, intelligence and motivation that you have at such a young age. I found many of your posts to be well written and insightful. Most 18 year olds I have ever known are complete sheep in comparison...

That said, I think you have two major options:

1) Go to school and get a good degree so that you can work for an established company abroad and get paid reasonably well.

2) Find a way to make money working for yourself (Online is THE way to make $$ from anywhere).

You do not need any degree to work for yourself...period. If you plan to work for yourself, forget about getting a degree. However, I think that you would be a very attractive candidate for International Schools if you had the education. Being fluent in Mandarin and English gives you a HUGE advantage...especially since you are so young. You also know Western and Asian culture, which is another advantage. You are young and have plenty of time. However, if you look past that, keep an open mind and push yourself, you'll be set up WELL before you are the age of most us here...even in a bad economy.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

As for the girls on www.vietnameselove.com, I want to visit them ideally next year or year after, but one of them has already told me she's not sure if she can wait. Sigh. Well I'm dealing with very limited resources here. I'm also interested in Thai women and maybe Filipinas. Any good sites that are free without any subscriptions?

If they could come and visit me, that would be better in the mean time.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Also, as I posted above, what are good websites where I can find jobs and start working online? For now, just ones where I don't need any degrees.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!