My friend's scenario: 5'3 Asian male, medical doctor 300K

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

MarkDY wrote:Show him the Foreign Affair Filipina page.
http://www.loveme.com/information/philippine-weekly/
Eeewww! I can't STAND THOSE FACES! Hot bods are a dime a dozen, but if she has a butterface, it makes me wanna puke! :(
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

He won't do well and I'll tell you why, it has nothing to do with height, etc it has to do with the fact that he sounds passive and boring
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Maverick wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
Regardless, it doesn't change the barracuda-ness of AWs, once they pass the age of 27.
Elaborate on "barracuda-ness".
Yeah, the expression is a bit broad but in a nutshell, a mix of aggression, furtiveness, and scheming. So while my public notary episode ...

viewtopic.php?t=18207

was just one looking to land a trader, another AW barracuda may want to attract a man, just to make some other guy jealous, and so forth. It's a merry-go-round of borderline personality issues. Of course, somewhere in the mix, is a beta male who's going to put down the down payment on the house.
Well, we should have a bigger pool since there are more straight women than lesbians.
On the other hand, bisexuality & lesbianism depending upon location, varies from 15 to 40% of women whereas gay guys will never exceed 10% of any population group. And the problem with makeshift lesbians, meaning the ones who'd converted over during college, is that they also play the same mind games on the *butch* in the partnership, as they did with guys earlier.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

As Asian-American myself, I have an Asian American friend who was a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE and had girl problems. He is also ripped! and Ivy educated!

Your friend should know that his being an Asian guy works against him in many ways in the USA, but his compensating factor is his 300k income. Still no guarantee. There is a study in okcupid that says Asian men would need to earn over 3x to get the same response rate for females (link in my site). Kinda sad to hear about this but it is true. Thing is race and dating is still taboo subject in the USA.

Try visiting my site raceanddating.com to explore this issue more.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Hey CJ, Sparc, Mav! Havent been really in the general section of the site. I am contributing to the Asia region nowadays. But anyways.. if you didn't know I'd already left... and now making vids!

Check this girl out.

:D :D :D :D
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Yup, there are plenty of doctors that don't get laid.

The ones that do usually lower their standards in order to get with someone.

Face it, the qualities that make a good doctor(analytical, reliable, calm, studious, well-balanced, etc.) are traits most American girls are not interested in. They prefer the business guy who is aggressive, strong, spontaneous, charming, and little bit dangerous.

The guys who think outside the box don't become doctors.

Better to become a dentist and waste less time on residency and have more flexible hours. Move abroad permanently too.

I know plenty of USA docs who have a miserable life., better to move abroad and open a small private clinic somewhere.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

There was a sort of documentary broadcast many years ago - at least 20, maybe 25. In it they took a short but good looking 30ish guy and a tall, also good looking guy. They introduced the men to attractive young women and ran a series of scenarios. At first they portrayed the two men as close to equal in status and money. The women naturally preferred the taller guy. In each subsequent scenario they made the short guy more successful and the tall guy less successful. The last scenario had the short guy as a best selling author making $250k and the tall guy was unemployed. Who did the women want to date? The tall guy!

IOW this is not a new issue, nor is it because the OP's friend in Asian-American or because doctors are not exciting. Young women are taught that taller is better no matter what.

Now that being said, it can be overcome; short guys do get married. But it's always a big disadvantage.

As others have said - he should move abroad.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

davewe wrote: At first they portrayed the two men as close to equal in status and money. The women naturally preferred the taller guy. In each subsequent scenario they made the short guy more successful and the tall guy less successful. The last scenario had the short guy as a best selling author making $250k and the tall guy was unemployed. Who did the women want to date? The tall guy!

For the sake of argument, two of the top tier guys in the Boston area are all-star NFL quarterback, Tom Brady, and A-list Hollywood actor, Matt Damon. And from what I'd heard, both are nice guys, not arrogant millionaires.

These guys can pretty much date any woman in Massachusetts they want but instead, one's married to a Brazilian and the other, an Argentinian.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

mguy wrote:As Asian-American myself, I have an Asian American friend who was a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE and had girl problems. He is also ripped! and Ivy educated!

Your friend should know that his being an Asian guy works against him in many ways in the USA, but his compensating factor is his 300k income. Still no guarantee. There is a study in okcupid that says Asian men would need to earn over 3x to get the same response rate for females (link in my site). Kinda sad to hear about this but it is true. Thing is race and dating is still taboo subject in the USA.

Try visiting my site raceanddating.com to explore this issue more.
After seeing what many of the Asian guys on this site talk about, I started paying attention to it more in real life. Honestly, I don't think Asians have it nearly as bad as people claim here. I've seen many Asian guys do well with all kinds of women (and I'm friends with many of these guys IRL).

I think the problem is that American women are just pains in the a**es. If a guy doesn't have the right personality (unless he's extremely good looking), then he'll struggle with girls here.

As far as OkCupid, I don't think that's the best gauge of what women want. Dating sites like that one and Plenty of Fish are where the bottom feeders hang out. You won't find a lot of quality women there.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

TopSpruce wrote:Yup, there are plenty of doctors that don't get laid.

Face it, the qualities that make a good doctor(analytical, reliable, calm, studious, well-balanced, etc.) are traits most American girls are not interested in. They prefer the business guy who is aggressive, strong, spontaneous, charming, and little bit dangerous.

Better to become a dentist and waste less time on residency and have more flexible hours. Move abroad permanently too.

I know plenty of USA docs who have a miserable life., better to move abroad and open a small private clinic somewhere.
I'm practically a doctor. Though, I have more of a "bad boy" personality than not. I do struggle a bit with it because it's too regimented and there are too many rules (I hate following rules), which is why I'm trying to do the entrepreneur thing.

However, I do know docs that do well with women. It's not because they are doctors (or even good looking). It's because they're either fun, have bad boy personalities, or both.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

davewe wrote:There was a sort of documentary broadcast many years ago - at least 20, maybe 25. In it they took a short but good looking 30ish guy and a tall, also good looking guy. They introduced the men to attractive young women and ran a series of scenarios. At first they portrayed the two men as close to equal in status and money. The women naturally preferred the taller guy. In each subsequent scenario they made the short guy more successful and the tall guy less successful. The last scenario had the short guy as a best selling author making $250k and the tall guy was unemployed. Who did the women want to date? The tall guy!

IOW this is not a new issue, nor is it because the OP's friend in Asian-American or because doctors are not exciting. Young women are taught that taller is better no matter what.

Now that being said, it can be overcome; short guys do get married. But it's always a big disadvantage.

As a fellow short guy, I certainly admit that it is a disadvantage, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as most people make it seem (even in the US).

However, of course, it would be better for just about any guy to go overseas for girls.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

mguy wrote:Hey CJ, Sparc, Mav! Havent been really in the general section of the site. I am contributing to the Asia region nowadays. But anyways.. if you didn't know I'd already left... and now making vids!

Check this girl out.

Hahaha yeah that girl is cute as f*ck.

Thanks for rubbing it in, man. :P

I'll be in your parts soon enough. :D
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My friend's scenario: 5'3 Asian male, medical doctor 300

Post by momopi »

Malcolm Z wrote:What's the chance that he could go dateless living in a big city in America? He confided in me that he was too busy to date when he was younger and thought that now since he is settled into his profession that he could start dating with hopes of either getting married or at the very least having a normal sex/romantic life. The only thing is the women he goes for ignore him despite the prestige of his career and his great salary (not to mention job security). Is someone in this position going to have to depend on luck to get with a decent woman or can he consistently attract women with his professional success?
1. How old is he
2. What Asian ethnic group is he
3. What city does he reside in
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

TopSpruce wrote:Yup, there are plenty of doctors that don't get laid.

I wouldn't say usually. A lot of doctors are alpha-male types, especially in the higher paying specialties. They would get laid no matter what they did, they just chose medicine. Do agree with the thinking outside the box bit though. Medicine is generally the thing that smart people do when they can't think of anything else to make money or make a difference. It's pretty much the last field where you can get in and make six figures by intelligence alone, rather than a combination of intelligence and creativity. There are creative doctors, which are the reason we end up with new medical devices and such, but on the whole, physicians are a smart but orthodox-minded group.

And there is a good way to have both freedom and money as a physician. Locum jobs are the way to go. If you independently contract yourself out, you can make up to $450/hr in rural areas. Put in a few years of independent locums with long hours, and you can retire -very- nicely.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Maverick wrote:
mguy wrote:Hey CJ, Sparc, Mav! Havent been really in the general section of the site. I am contributing to the Asia region nowadays. But anyways.. if you didn't know I'd already left... and now making vids!

Check this girl out.

Hahaha yeah that girl is cute as f*ck.

Thanks for rubbing it in, man. :P

I'll be in your parts soon enough. :D
here's more of her