Taiwan, Japan, or elsewhere??? Experts Sound Off

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

For what you're looking for-- a long term gf, with lots of contact, i'd recommend you look for international Asian women in the US.

You can find them in:

NY
DC area
LA
SF
Chicago
Dallas
Atlanta
Many major universities and college towns

Trying fly on a short vacation to meet someone quickly-- use online-- talk to them a lot
and then spend your entire vacation with them, that's the only way.

They even exist in smaller cities in the US, but a bit harder to find.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

-sorry double post
Last edited by kai1275 on October 10th, 2013, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Unless you are an absolute top catch avoid the foreign students in the US. Most are super flaky and some are green card hunters, shockingly. Handsome white and rich, or it will be a hell no to their usually rich parents. HK women are uglier than all the other options you are searching on. Beijing, Chong ching or Shanghai for high class, tall beautiful, Smart, business smart, richer Chinese women, with porcelain white skin.

Good luck.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Yea well I pretty much have it in my head that I'm going abroad after women with the traits I'm looking for. I really do think there is something to not growing up here in the USA. Dumping on men is all good in our society but it is not politically correct with women so I completely understand why forums online are jam packed with posters. And the reality is there are some sour grapes but on the whole what is posted are some very legit beefs. But I'm not the type to just take my ball and go home.

Truth is when I see some young hot blonde driving a new Lexus SUV I know the reality is that it is financed and her family (see husband) is in debt paying the thing off. I have a career situation I don't want to walk away from to go overseas yet I don't want some woman thinking I should be paying for her Lexus or some monster house. You see it everywhere in our society. A woman at the bar appalled if guys are not willing to essentially pay her tab and listen to her yap.

While I credit myself for not falling into the trap I do realize you only live once. A lot of guys got screwed over by American women and then discovered foreign women, so I feel like I'm doing okay so far. I can only take so much negativity about females before I think it starts to be counterproductive for me.

I'm basically developing a game-plan to make sure that my date card is very full before I even get on a plane. The legit dating sites will definitely get some attention along with some local advertising. My main thought is to hire someone local to be a matchmaker. I was thinking possibly some married woman or someone with a lot of young professional woman contacts. It could be a situation where I hire her as a matchmaker and that's how we go about it or it could be setup so nobody knows she's getting paid for it (whatever she prefers).

I'd be interested in experiences from men who hired that sort of local "guide". The main thing I want to do is compensate based on success (not my success dating but the guide's success in putting me in front of woman that meets my specifications). Obviously I'm not interested in paying for pro daters or women that don't fit what I'm looking for. Advice would be great on this because I want to make it lucrative enough to get the job done while making sure I am paying for legit leads (meaning not paying all up front).
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Travelsouth, this is a great thread you've got here. Pete: awesome story. Very inspiring, and good motivation for guys to get off their behinds and do something.

You busy worker bees are making me want to work harder than I already do... haha. Hats off to you, gents.
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

Tony Bochene has a video series on doing something similar to what you are talking about doing. I believe it's been posted on HA before, but here is the first video in the series. He has some great ideas that you can pick through if they fit into your plan.

travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Okay I watched several parts of that video since you took the time to post and suggest it. First I don't want to get in the middle of the agency tour debate. Heck from the looks of things they are big advertisers on this site and site mods would have every incentive to protect their revenue generator. I've never had any interest in pouring money into a tour or any online communication that involves paying an intermediary to exchange messages each time.

The guy did work in the industry and it is clear he has seen some scams and rip offs and is trying to advise men around them. But the fact is there is a sucker born everyday.

He suggests calling a college to hire ugly young women to translate that are extroverts. But of course he suggests not telling the college professor what the English students will be doing for you. Heck I've hung out with local guys while traveling I don't care. I wouldn't even care if some gay dude was translating for me or if I had a translator at all. He suggests starting a route and going through the mall. I have to be honest in that I have no interest in dating the local barista or sales associate. I'm looking for young professionals with a college degree. I'd even be willing to consider hotties my age if that means more serious women.

I also can't believe the locations he is suggesting for guys. He could only think of one place in Latin America. Seriously??? And his advice in Asia is to leave Bangkok and head for Pattaya? That's insanely terrible advice that even somebody that knows nothing about Asia could figure out on google.

I've hit the party scene, and I honestly had a blast in Mexico. My goal at this point is to locate serious young women that are young professionals (ideally with degrees). I don't think that includes chasing down employees at some mall in Colombia. I'm sure all the gringos are headed there doing the same thing anyways.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

CerealKiller wrote:Travelsouth, this is a great thread you've got here. Pete: awesome story. Very inspiring, and good motivation for guys to get off their behinds and do something.

You busy worker bees are making me want to work harder than I already do... haha. Hats off to you, gents.
Thank you. Sometimes I hesitate to tell my story because I've told it many times on here before. But there are always new guys joining HA all the time who need to know that this international dating thing can actually work :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

pete98146 wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:Travelsouth, this is a great thread you've got here. Pete: awesome story. Very inspiring, and good motivation for guys to get off their behinds and do something.

Thank you. Sometimes I hesitate to tell my story because I've told it many times on here before. But there are always new guys joining HA all the time who need to know that this international dating thing can actually work :)
I too was a Pete disciple lol. Like he did I used the search engine to not only choose who I would talk with but limit who could contact me.

I met plenty of good and bad girls, learned a ton about the culture, made friends as well as girlfriends, started a relationship with one that ended, but eventually chose the right one.

By the way, when the time came, she asked Pete to walk her down the aisle, for which I am forever grateful!
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Good stuff. The selectivity point I think can really be driven home. I am researching Japan right now and just today I ran into a Mexicana with a travel visa online. I can't speak for what everyone else should do but the education, career, and travel visa are very good things in my book.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

Great thread! I am thinking about going to Japan as I love japanese women. I THOUGHT ABOUT finding one here....but two questions arise:

1. How do you find a women of your choice- Japanese for example in a city or community? Are there websites for foreigners living in the US?

2. Is it possible that a woman is already poisoned with the "American way" mindset by the time she is old enough to marry? Perhaps not to a point of it being a BIG problem but enough that its there in her mind...???

So, if I want a Japanese woman interested in an american man, here in the US, how do I find her easily?

Lastly, what is cherry blossum?
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Asian cherry blossom is a dating site aimed at finding asian women.

As for where to find Japanese women, I know I love Japanese women and the only two places in America I can think to go are little tokyo in L.A and Hawaii, because they have a really high Japanese population.

Now, I've seen a few REAL japanese girls in little tokyo but mot are white washed, I'd imagine you'd have to get one younger or right off the plane and having just moved or arrived to study before they get infused with are culture.

The second a American girl gives her the "power" talk on how she shouldn't settle for this guy and that guy, buy this buy that...ect... it's all over.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Okay, what I'm seeing is that there are plenty of women out there not just on dating sites but on social networking (and online in general) that are either just out of college or young professionals. The internet is really magnificent in connecting people. It would seem that finding women overseas with visas to travel is insane, but I can already tell it is very doable. I find it to be much more productive talking on Skype and getting away from the club scene in Mexico City.

Heck I suppose I'll talk to women from anywhere but Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, and a few others seem to be the areas with educated women that have the visa. I know everybody says Colombia, Colombia, Colombia but the wealth, education, and visas just aren't there like they are in other countries.

The real secret seems to be to get connected online and in social networking to that educated middle/upper class young professional woman group. It is hard to believe but I don't think I'd be as productive if I was out in the party scene actually in the country as I am with Skype at home.

I most definitely do not believe in "online dating' but you can really network and find some serious potentials. The last time I got back from Mexico I wasted my time with a really hot dud. Sure the party is loads of fun, but at some point you need to accomplish something and find high quality women.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

You need to screen...especially if you're not living there but going to travel. I'm thinking japan in 1-2 yrs....so I'd be screening LONG before that. If they arent patient and understanding...they arent worth my time. In the end, i'd have 2-3 prospects and we'd already know each other. Its easy to read and pick someones mind by chat or skype or written word. I person seals the deal but a good start is online...
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Funny thing is that the best leads so far have been free.