Friendliness is a sign of mental health

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Friendliness is a sign of mental health

Post by jamesbond »

One of my psychology teachers in college said that, friendliness is a sign of mental health, and unfriendly, anti-social behavior is a sign of mental instability! If that's the case, then their is a LOT of mentally disturbed people in the US! LOL :D It makes sense if you think about it, mentally healthy people are warm, friendly and like meeting new people. People who are unfriendly and anti-social must have some mental problems. I read a statistic on the internet that said the US has the highest rate of mental illness in the world! Holy crap, that explains everything then! No wonder why the people tend to be so unfriendly and anti-social, they have mental problems! I guess in friendly countries the people tend to be mentally healthy.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

hard to say...in other countries people may be mentally ill but there is no reporting of it.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In countries/cities with a lot of pressure and a lot of money circulating around people tend to be paranoid. In countries/places with less pressure, less money- less so. Also, in war areas or politically unstable countries - same thing. Also, whether people are friendly to you depends om who and what you are. People that are perceived to be threats are not welcome anywhere and no one will be friendly to them. People that are perceived to be bearers of benefits of any kind will be treated well.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Simple things like people saying hi to their neighbors does not exist in big cities in the US. Winston has talked about this a lot, how anti-social the people were when he was living in the pacific northwest. It's just not the pacific northwest where the people are unfriendly and anti-social, it's all over the US and not just in big cities either. It's also in suburbs and in mid-sized cities.

In America there is an old saying that people need to "break the ice" with other people. In other countries, there is no "barrier of ice" around people to begin with. Mentally healthy people are friendly, warm and like meeting new people. Studies have shown that only 7% of Americans socialize with their neighbors! WTF? The philippines was shown to be the friendliest country in the world and had one of the lowest rates of mental illness of any country in the world. I guess that explains everything!
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

welll

Post by track2004_400meters1 »

ok i kinda like women
Last edited by track2004_400meters1 on September 12th, 2009, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: welll

Post by momopi »

track2004_400meters1 wrote:im not surprised anymore on why women are so retarded and mentally ill and sick , and diseased and fuked up in the head and egotistical and unfriendly.. I mean i really dont know why everyone else is so surprised by anything a female says or does anymore.. What you need to know is that women are by nature ,, animals,, just like snakes slithering on the ground.
Anyone else getting a flashback to the 1984 Sci-Fi TV show "V" from the reptile comment?

;)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Track2004,
Doesn't this hot chick with spiritual interests and wisdom seem smart in your book? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OgDNr4-jI

I hear she's becoming a motivational guru too. And that she makes good money from her website.

http://www.katiefreiling.com/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

No big surprise here. You also forgot to mention the anti-depressant and attention deficit disorder medication industry is huge in the U.S. Everyone has some kind of "diagnosed" mental illness or special snowflake problem to contend with. People that I grew up with in my generation Y were often prescribed all sorts of medication by overprotective paranoid parents who took them to shrinks. :roll: It shouldn't be a revelation that a large portion of adults in the U.S. simply can't deal.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

One thing I should add to my comparison pages is that in the US, I feel this default sense of insecurity, isolation and depression. But abroad I feel more enthusiastic and wholesome for some reason. I wonder if there's something in the vibes that causes this. Anyone else notice the same difference?

Just looking at the faces of people in America, you see a lot of miserable people who are very irritable and just going through the motions. Very sad.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

I think you can meet females in America who are friendly, pleasant and even helpful. It's just that their friendliness is superficial. Not that they are bad people or materialistic, it's just that they don't seem to want to get to know you very well, nor relate to you on a deeper level. It's a bland pleasantness that lacks something feminine, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I guess it's an American female thing. Anyway, I actually find it a bit annoying. The more your interactions with them become deeper and more complex, even on little, trivial issues, the more you discover things that clue you in on how superficial their sunny demeanor is.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Boner_Jones wrote:I think you can meet females in America who are friendly, pleasant and even helpful. It's just that their friendliness is superficial. Not that they are bad people or materialistic, it's just that they don't seem to want to get to know you very well, nor relate to you on a deeper level. It's a bland pleasantness that lacks something feminine, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I guess it's an American female thing. Anyway, I actually find it a bit annoying. The more your interactions with them become deeper and more complex, even on little, trivial issues, the more you discover things that clue you in on how superficial their sunny demeanor is.
This is especially true with young, white good looking women in the US. They have to be the most unfriendly and anti-social women in the world! LOL :lol: You can only approach them if your asking them for directions or asking them what time it is! These women are hot and they know it, so they are only interested in "high status males." If your not a high status male, you can kiss goodbye any chance of meeting these hotties. These women usually live in big cities and suburbs of big cities. Small town girls are a LOT better to deal with and date.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boner_Jones wrote:I think you can meet females in America who are friendly, pleasant and even helpful. It's just that their friendliness is superficial. Not that they are bad people or materialistic, it's just that they don't seem to want to get to know you very well, nor relate to you on a deeper level. It's a bland pleasantness that lacks something feminine, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I guess it's an American female thing. Anyway, I actually find it a bit annoying. The more your interactions with them become deeper and more complex, even on little, trivial issues, the more you discover things that clue you in on how superficial their sunny demeanor is.
Exactly my thoughts.

Do you mean girls like these?

Aren't those girls so easy to connect with? lol

Check out these tough jaded "we don't need men" type of faces on these HOT American girls that everyone dreams about.

Oh and JamesBond, I think you'll like this one :)

track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

yep i see it in the face

Post by track2004_400meters1 »

euro women have very feminine faces
Last edited by track2004_400meters1 on September 12th, 2009, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boner_Jones
Freshman Poster

Post by Boner_Jones »

I think these females are pretty much typical of what you see everyday:
See, the thing is they're probably not bad people, but they look pretty dull, shallow, and without much going for them. And none of them are gorgeous or strikingly beautiful either (not sure about the dark skinned chick in the back, she may or may not be a possible exception)... a few are a bit on the ugly side actually. I think a physically beautiful woman isn't as common as you'd think. The masses of women as a whole are actually pretty mediocre looking.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Boner Jones,
You are right. That one photo is more representative of how average American women look like nowadays, polite yet distant and superficial.

They are also paranoid too, especially if they are in their 20's. Once they get less attractive and miss all the attention, then they get less paranoid as well.

When I returned from Russia in 2005 and arrived at the airport in Seattle, my friend Amber hadn't arrived to pick me up yet. She was late. I got anxious and wanted to call her. So I asked an American girl if I could borrow her cell phone and pay her for the minutes. She felt uncomfortable about it cause then it would compromise the privacy of her number. So instead, she gave me 35 cents and told me to call on the pay phone. That shows how paranoid they are deep down.