Why Shorter Men Should Go After Taller Women

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Shorter Men Should Go After Taller Women

Post by zboy1 »

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/why-sho ... 00315.html

What do you guys think about this article (especially from the short guys on the forum)?

I agree with everything that was written in the article, but females are too bull-headed to ever heed the advice about broadening their dating horizons by dating shorter guys, nowadays.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Awesome topic!
Right now, many men incorrectly believe that women want a taller man for evolutionary reasons-to protect us and our offspring. But if you ask women, it's about feeling feminine.
This is something that I've been saying for years. Recent research has shown that, in the past, short men did no worse than tall men in mating. I personally believe that this is a societal creation, as opposed to an evolutionary one.

Anyway, I'm 5'6 and prefer girls shorter than me (generally 5'2 and below), but I have dated girls my height and taller. But I've never dated a girl taller than 5'9/5'10 (although I have hooked up with girls over 6 feet). To be honest, I admit that I'm intimidated by girls taller than me so I don't really go for them all that much, but I've found that I have the same amount of success with them as shorter girls.

The only place where it seems to make a difference is online. BUT I tried the same experiment as the people in the article (I tried increasing my height to 5'10, then to 6'0). I didn't really do all that much better. I had a few ugly girls message me here and there, but I didn't notice any drastic increase in the number of responses I got.

Of course, when using online dating sites, you're generally dealing with the bottom of the barrel in quality (and that's saying A LOT, in terms of American women).
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm 5' 6" and I've dated girls from 4' 11" (!) to 5' 6".

Petite girls are really cute. But taller girls just seem to be so empowering, especially if they're really attractive with it.

I think there's no evolutionary advantage to choosing a tall mate. Tallness seems to come from grandparents more than anything.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

6'1, tallest I've dated was 5'11, which is nice, because most girls prefer the 6" rule (the man must be at least 6" taller than the woman) Dating really tall girls isn't as difficult as it seems, because once you get to around 5'11-6' for a girl, they tend to realize (some later rather than sooner, of course) that using the 6" rule might not be feasible, unless they have direct access to an NBA locker room, so a lot of women at that height will make exceptions. A lot will even date lower than their height. In NYC, I see multiple examples couples where the woman is a solid 5'10-5'11, and their men are around 5'8-5'9". However, NYC is a bit more progressive in that regard than the rest of the country.

Ironically, I've been turned down by women who are 5'4, saying that they needed to have a man who was at least 6" taller than them WHILE they were wearing their 6" heels, which would give them a MINIMUM height requirement of 6'4". Incredible.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I'd like to date a woman who's taller than me, but at 6'0'', there aren't many of those :cry:
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I wouldn't date a woman that is my height (just a tad under 6'1"), much less taller than me. The tallest I dated was about 5'9" and she was nearly my height with high heels on. I MIGHT have considered someone taller, but probably not many. Really tall women seem to usually have awkward bodies IMO...RARELY see one that I'd find attractive. My gf is only 5'1", but I've dated 4'11" up to 5'9". 5'1" is really as short as I'd ever want to go as 4'11" was just difficult in a few ways...lol.

I really like my height and wouldn't want to go much taller than I am. It enabled me to date the spectrum of women I find attractive so what's not to like?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Bane wrote:6'1, tallest I've dated was 5'11, which is nice, because most girls prefer the 6" rule (the man must be at least 6" taller than the woman) Dating really tall girls isn't as difficult as it seems, because once you get to around 5'11-6' for a girl, they tend to realize (some later rather than sooner, of course) that using the 6" rule might not be feasible, unless they have direct access to an NBA locker room, so a lot of women at that height will make exceptions. A lot will even date lower than their height. In NYC, I see multiple examples couples where the woman is a solid 5'10-5'11, and their men are around 5'8-5'9". However, NYC is a bit more progressive in that regard than the rest of the country.

Ironically, I've been turned down by women who are 5'4, saying that they needed to have a man who was at least 6" taller than them WHILE they were wearing their 6" heels, which would give them a MINIMUM height requirement of 6'4". Incredible.
That's some of the silliest nonsense I've ever heard. Research consistently shows mating preferences and marriage tend to favor a 4" height difference. I'm 5'11" and have dated women between 4'11" and 5'10" but the majority were around 5'8". I've never felt my height was a problem in dating, but many men seem to have this obsession with "I'm not 6'4" I'll never find love!" It's quite frankly stupid and all in their heads. Being taller makes more women shorter than you and opens your options, but the benefit peaks around 6' tall. The difference in total sexual partners and unsolicited messages received is statistically no different for men that are between 5'11 and 6'5". Look at the last couple of charts on this list, for instance:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattortile/sex- ... pid-charts

6" rule, lol. Where you find women that do this shit is beyond me.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Yeah, I met a lot of tall people who get plenty more attention due to height. Its a hige boost.

but if you don't have height, you make do with what you have
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Knew a guy who was approx. 5'4" and dated both shorter and taller women. He said height made no difference as "they're all the same height lying down".
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

HouseMD wrote:
Bane wrote:6'1, tallest I've dated was 5'11, which is nice, because most girls prefer the 6" rule (the man must be at least 6" taller than the woman) Dating really tall girls isn't as difficult as it seems, because once you get to around 5'11-6' for a girl, they tend to realize (some later rather than sooner, of course) that using the 6" rule might not be feasible, unless they have direct access to an NBA locker room, so a lot of women at that height will make exceptions. A lot will even date lower than their height. In NYC, I see multiple examples couples where the woman is a solid 5'10-5'11, and their men are around 5'8-5'9". However, NYC is a bit more progressive in that regard than the rest of the country.

That's some of the silliest nonsense I've ever heard. Research consistently shows mating preferences and marriage tend to favor a 4" height difference. I'm 5'11" and have dated women between 4'11" and 5'10" but the majority were around 5'8". I've never felt my height was a problem in dating, but many men seem to have this obsession with "I'm not 6'4" I'll never find love!" It's quite frankly stupid and all in their heads. Being taller makes more women shorter than you and opens your options, but the benefit peaks around 6' tall. The difference in total sexual partners and unsolicited messages received is statistically no different for men that are between 5'11 and 6'5". Look at the last couple of charts on this list, for instance:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattortile/sex- ... pid-charts

6" rule, lol. Where you find women that do this shit is beyond me.
Calm down, bro. I was merely mentioning ONE experience I had with some crazy chick back in college. One crazy chick does not an entire trend make. As far as the 6" rule goes, yeah, it's stupid and nonsensical as hell. But a lot of western women utilize it, whether it's rational or not.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Here are some interesting stats:

http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archiv ... nd/272585/

Note the second chart below. At least 50% of all married couples in 2009 have a husband who is at least 5 in taller than the wife. If you look further into the article, a lot of this difference is due to basic biology (men tending to be taller naturally) but if shorter men were seen as more desirable, upwards of 28% of wives could have shorter husbands, instead of the 3.8% that is observed. Even if left to random chance, shorter husband couples should be around 7.8%, close to double what we actually see.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Bane wrote:Here are some interesting stats:

Note the second chart below. At least 50% of all married couples in 2009 have a husband who is at least 5 in taller than the wife. If you look further into the article, a lot of this difference is due to basic biology (men tending to be taller naturally) but if shorter men were seen as more desirable, upwards of 28% of wives could have shorter husbands, instead of the 3.8% that is observed. Even if left to random chance, shorter husband couples should be around 7.8%, close to double what we actually see.
I find it interesting that a considerable portion of the taller side of the graph is also underrepresented. Looks like less people opt for the weird pairings in favor of the median I guess.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

tre wrote: 5'1" is really as short as I'd ever want to go as 4'11" was just difficult in a few ways...lol.
I understand. For me it's awkward to kiss a short woman, at least when we're both standing up. I have to spread my legs apart to move my head down closer to hers :lol: Also, short legs aren't attractive on women.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

My uncle is aorund 5 ft 6 while my aunt is 5 ft 7 and a half. In China, shorter men date taller women because they want the child to have better genetic potential and grow tall, especially if it is a male child. LOL my 7 year old cousin (their child) is already like 136-137 cm tall, while I was like 121-122 cm tall at that age.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Bane wrote:Here are some interesting stats:

To be fair, I don't think anybody is denying that height is an advantage.

Most of the debates I get into over it has more to do with WHY it's an advantage and how much of an advantage it really is.