Marriage Is For Broke Men Only!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Marriage Is For Broke Men Only!

Post by Anti-American »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Tommy has done a few "Don't get married" videos.

Since he's fathered at least one future unit of economic exploitation, makes money, and attracts women, let's see if the diamond merchants label him "worthless", too. :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

He's talking about American women, Black women especially. If you don't want to put in the work, then yes don't get married. Rich men should vet and think long and hard about it because pre-nups can be broken in court.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Pre-nups can be over turned that's why you put your house, car, other assets and money in an Asset Protection Plan so you won't be taken to the cleaners during a divorce.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Ghost wrote:This is one reason I don't ever want to be rich. It makes you more of a target, especially to the harpies. And the government. And, well, everybody who wants something.

Pre-nups are100% worthless. A judge will just declare it invalid. Just like that. Because, you know, f**k you, that's why. Hide stuff and don't let any woman know that you are rich. That's what I would do.
What's wrong with being Rich? Yes NGO's and other "do-gooders" will ask you for money but you can spare it, why are you hording it? We just don't call it like we see it. We think hording is for compulsive people. Sorry but that is some rich people as well. Its impossible to spend the money some people have in two or three lifetimes.

Of course you'll be taxed more, but instead of having the bullshit reaction that you should had, why not read up on economics. I have argued successfully that even $500,000 for a household income is not what it use to be, so if you consider that rich, its not.

That is upper middle class these days. With the Sequester deal from earlier this year, you got a marginal hit in your taxes, big deal. You'll give the Government like $1,500 a year more. If you're whining about that, you better get a better accountant or tax lawyer.

If you spend more than 320 days a year out of the country and earn less than $92,500, you are tax exempt and I am pretty sure you qualify. If you start making hundreds of thousands of dollars you can afford to pay taxes, Warren Buffet isn't whining, why are you???
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Not sure I'd call what he said 'whining'. Seems like it was just his opinion?
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

djfourmoney wrote:
Ghost wrote:This is one reason I don't ever want to be rich. It makes you more of a target, especially to the harpies. And the government. And, well, everybody who wants something.

Pre-nups are100% worthless. A judge will just declare it invalid. Just like that. Because, you know, f**k you, that's why. Hide stuff and don't let any woman know that you are rich. That's what I would do.
What's wrong with being Rich? Yes NGO's and other "do-gooders" will ask you for money but you can spare it, why are you hording it? We just don't call it like we see it. We think hording is for compulsive people. Sorry but that is some rich people as well. Its impossible to spend the money some people have in two or three lifetimes.

Of course you'll be taxed more, but instead of having the bullshit reaction that you should had, why not read up on economics. I have argued successfully that even $500,000 for a household income is not what it use to be, so if you consider that rich, its not.

That is upper middle class these days. With the Sequester deal from earlier this year, you got a marginal hit in your taxes, big deal. You'll give the Government like $1,500 a year more. If you're whining about that, you better get a better accountant or tax lawyer.

If you spend more than 320 days a year out of the country and earn less than $92,500, you are tax exempt and I am pretty sure you qualify. If you start making hundreds of thousands of dollars you can afford to pay taxes, Warren Buffet isn't whining, why are you???
They actually bumped it up to $97,600 for 2013. As long as you're not in the US for 330 days of the year, you qualify. I know a few people that are doing that and it's a huge savings in not having to pay Uncle Scam.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

marklambo wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

They actually bumped it up to $97,600 for 2013. As long as you're not in the US for 330 days of the year, you qualify. I know a few people that are doing that and it's a huge savings in not having to pay Uncle Scam.
That must be post-Sequester. Thanks for the update.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 6th, 2020, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

djfourmoney wrote:
marklambo wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

That must be post-Sequester. Thanks for the update.
no prob man
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Alternatively, how about marrying a woman with her own job/career/financial aspirations, who can seriously contribute to the household...and if she's also good looking that's a bonus? I only had to support my wife for about 10 months after we got married. After that she managed to secure a job in her line of business (manufacturing management) and started putting her share in the pot (quite literally - we have a joint bank account).

Many of these celebs seem to aim for the dumb spoiled hottie who will provide no other value to the relationship than (possibly) good sex and a few head turning at upscale restaurants and parties. Their choices have consequences.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Ghost wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

Your post essentially comes down to saying, "Why don't you want to be rich? We're just going to take your money. That's all!" The last things I want to fund are the dadygov, NGOs, and "charities." Not that I'm ever going to have to worry about it. I'm aiming for a modest income and most importantly: freedom. Being rich makes one a target and what you have said shows it.
FACT: Employees and self-employed are taxed much more than business owners and those who invest in real estate.

As a business owner and real estate investor, at times you can get away with paying 0% in taxes.

This is mentioned in detail in Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow quadrant.

Inflation and eventually hyperinflation is going to hit the employed and self-employed the hardest.

As far as freedom is concerned, as long as you work for someone else, you're NEVER free.

Those who are free are the business owners who build a TEAM who does the hard work for them.

The next people who are free are usually real estate investors who get passive income through the team they employ.

CEOs of businesses or even small business owners take vacations for weeks, while their company rakes up millions and billions in profits.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

SilverEnergy wrote:FACT: Employees and self-employed are taxed much more than business owners and those who invest in real estate.

As a business owner and real estate investor, at times you can get away with paying 0% in taxes.

This is mentioned in detail in Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow quadrant.

Inflation and eventually hyperinflation is going to hit the employed and self-employed the hardest.

As far as freedom is concerned, as long as you work for someone else, you're NEVER free.

Those who are free are the business owners who build a TEAM who does the hard work for them.

The next people who are free are usually real estate investors who get passive income through the team they employ.

CEOs of businesses or even small business owners take vacations for weeks, while their company rakes up millions and billions in profits.
Robert Kiyosaki and his breed of self-help get rich quick gurus may be right on anything but one thing: running a successful business takes 1) a lot of luck and 2) qualities only found in a tiny fraction of the general population: acumen and risk taking, perseverance in the face of failure, adaptiveness, and so on.

If one is a natural born businessman or salesman, then good for him: whether he chooses to get involved with real estate or toilet accessories or nanoscale semiconductors, he is bound to do well. For the majority of people out there, the chance of being successful in a non-diversified and personally/actively managed investment portfolio, or a business, are pretty slim.

The reason why many get so (over)excited about going solo and running a business which will project them to the cusp of personal/financial success is because of the glamorous success stories slapped on their faces all over the place on the web or conventional media. And even assuming that all those success stories were 100% true, they suffer from what Nassim Taleb (a trader and financial engineer turned popular author) calls the "survivor bias": we get to know - among much fanfare - the small fraction of successful people without knowing what percentage of the total they are, the total being those who try hard, try harder and hit the dust until exhaustion. It's a bit like idolising the Lady Gagas and Nicki Minaj and ignore the hundred of thousands of wannabe popstars who will continue to wait tables and flip burgers between penny gigs for the rest of eternity.

Sure, owners of (successful) businesses, large or small, can take vacations for weeks while their companies churn millions and billions for them and their lawyers play with their double Irish and triple Caymans to get them negative tax liabilities. Yet you have to take into account the years of instant noodles and office hammock sleeps, the headaches over failed fund raising exercises and creditors. The exclusive and almost obsessive dedication to their business which probably made their marriages and fatherhoods resounding failures. And, ultimately, the simple fact that for each one of them there are 99 or 999 who fail to break even within the first 5 years in business and have to shut shop amidst debt and frustration. The vast majority of them won't even get close to the stage of getting themselves out of the financial independence karmic cycle, let alone hire a team and make them work for him. Those myths perpetuated by self-help and investment gurus are little more than feel-good gimmicks to sell books and seminars, which coincidentally may well be the most part of their actual revenue streams.

The other important concept is the way we measure financial success: the correct measure is not the money the business owner or passive income god makes, but the money the generic dude can make times the probability of making it. A young actor could actually make it to stardom and rake up tens of millions every year, but what's the probability he will make it? 0.1% maybe? So, say, $50,000,000 a year * 0.1 * 0.01 = $50,000. Now take the average doctor, who has to work undeniably hard at med school and be lucky to worm his way out of the hospital system and become a consultant, or run a good private practice. He could be making a good couple of millions a year, and the chance of doing that is not 100%, but a lot higher than a good looking waiter taking acting classes becoming the next Brad Pitt. So say 30% chances, and we are at $2,000,000 * 0.3 = $600,000. Or he could be a modest doctor, still making his fair $250,000 a year with a 90% chance: $200,000.

True, those who work for someone else may not be as bold and risk-taking as the entrepreneurs and active investors, but all personal and professional skills being equal, they have - or at least used to have - a much higher chance to climb a few rungs of their respective career ladders and make their respectable $150,000 with a 90% chance, that's $135,000. Not bad, when you compare and contrast with the $50,000 for the actor, and not that bad compared to the hospital doctor, who will have endured an excruciating study path and a massive upfront investment in education.