Making pálinka in Romania

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Making pálinka in Romania

Post by Jackal »

Here's a short video about a guy who stays with a Romanian family in Transylvania who make pálinka. Pálinka is a clear strong fruit brandy which Hungarians make, and I didn't know until I watched this video that Romanians make it, too.

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Ha! Granny was lively. :D
I think they have the same thing all around EE.
Rakia. Same ingredients, different name.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Another point I want to make is that the guy in the video acts like the typical dickhead American expat. He is totally clueless about the local language and culture, and he looks miserable and out of place for the most part. If he had learned a few key phrases in Romanian, it could have smoothed things over a lot between him and the family he stayed with. He just sort of cringes when encountering a foreign language and a foreign culture like most Americans do.

Teal Lantern wrote:Ha! Granny was lively. :D
I think they have the same thing all around EE.
Rakia. Same ingredients, different name.
Hmm, I guess you're right, although I'm sure that there are small differences in how they make it in each country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Jackal wrote:
December 30th, 2013, 7:26 am
Another point I want to make is that the guy in the video acts like the typical dickhead American expat. He is totally clueless about the local language and culture, and he looks miserable and out of place for the most part. If he had learned a few key phrases in Romanian, it could have smoothed things over a lot between him and the family he stayed with. He just sort of cringes when encountering a foreign language and a foreign culture like most Americans do.
I don't understand why so many people think language is an issue on whether you get along with others or not. For me, it's not an issue at all. For example, I speak Chinese and Taiwanese ok, but I cannot get along with Taiwanese people at all. They have the weirdest vibes and do not allow me to be myself or express myself or even have a normal conversation. They drain my spirit like vampires and have a negative energy flow that saps my strength like kryptonite. They are the most suffocating people to be around. There's no connection with them at all. @El_Caudillo is a white guy who speaks fluent Chinese too, yet he couldn't connect with anyone in Taipei at all. No one is your real friend in Taiwan, they are just superficial and fake and will dump if you say anything negative or beyond the superficial.

In contrast, look at my playlist of 70 video clips of me in Russia in my signature link. In many of them, there is a language barrier and we can't understand each other. Yet in spite of that we have FUN, ENERGY, CAMARADERIE and SOCIAL CONNECTION. See the videos for yourself.

So why is everyone a moron and thinks it's all about having a common language?! WTF is everyone smoking?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne