How to spot a golddigger

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Hero
Experienced Poster

How to spot a golddigger

Post by Hero »

One of my lady friends in the Dominican Republic just told me that she may not have money to return to school next semester. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that sob story! Anyway, give it to me straight: is she after my money?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Money for school and hospitals and well as lack of questions about you and your interests are the tell tale signs of a gold digger.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Maybe I should test her by offering her money.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

ladislav wrote:Money for school and hospitals and well as lack of questions about you and your interests are the tell tale signs of a gold digger.
Even honest women can ask for lots of money for whatever reason. You should be asking yourself "What do I want from HER? If it's sex/companionship, what is it worth to me? Am I willing to cut my losses if things turn sour?"
chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: How to spot a golddigger

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:One of my lady friends in the Dominican Republic just told me that she may not have money to return to school next semester. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that sob story! Anyway, give it to me straight: is she after my money?
Very obviously a gold digger. From what I have heard a lots of Dominicanas do this. I would stop talking to her immediately unless you don't mind having an interesada as a girlfriend.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 5th, 2020, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Ghost wrote:Why not just keep talking to her and see if she eventually asks? My girlfriend (I've met her of course) has told me numerous stories of hardship and never asked me for money. If you like her enough to want to keep her, then no need to abruptly drop her without finding out first.
That sounds like the best course of action. I have a female friend in the Philippines, who was worried that she wouldn't have enough money to visit her family at Christmas. Since I've actually met her in person, I figured it would be OK to offer her the boat fare. But she declined and said she was shy about taking the money. So, you could be right; my Dominican friend might just be crying on my shoulder.