HA is off limits for....

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

HA is off limits for....

Post by Bao3niang »

A) The racist (ex: white supremacists)

B) The sexist (women suck compared to men in all regards)

C) The workaholics (seriously, why live abroad just to work?)

D) The whiners and the immature (you might as well stay in your own country)

E) The politically indoctrinated

Basically, HA is NOT a place for the conformists, which make up 88% of the population.

I read that a lot of Westerners are unhappy abroad, and I totally agree that it is due to their own sense of superiority and refusal to learn new things.

Personally, most of the Americans / Canadians / British I have met in China are here to work in the 1st place, and carry with them attitudes like:

A) "I come from a 1st world country, therefore I deserve to live like a king"

B) "I am intellectually superior"

C) "The white race deserves to triumph above all"

There is this American girl from Montana whom I know in Beijing, she's been here for 3 years yet:

1. Makes no effort to learn Chinese

2. Still exclusively buys imported products / foods

3. Bitches about Chinese people and Chinese infrastructure being inferior

4. Only hangs out with other Westerners (and her heavily Americanized HK female friend)

A lot of teachers at international schools I've heard also carry with them a very racist attitude not only towards Chinese, but also towards their other non-white colleagues.

I once talked to a professor who taught at UBC in Vancouver. She told me she thought Chinese people still lived in villages and eat stereotypical foods (like those in American Chinese restaurants), but once she actually visited Chongqing she was shocked.

I know this is nothing new, but to all you Westerners who just go abroad with a white supremacist or nationalistic attitude, just stay the f**k on your own couch because you do not deserve to even be happier abroad.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

tre
Junior Poster

Re: HA is off limits for....

Post by tre »

Bao3niang wrote:A) The racist (ex: white supremacists)

Basically, HA is NOT a place for the conformists, which make up 88% of the population.

I read that a lot of Westerners are unhappy abroad, and I totally agree that it is due to their own sense of superiority and refusal to learn new things.

Personally, most of the Americans / Canadians / British I have met in China are here to work in the 1st place, and carry with them attitudes like:

There is this American girl from Montana whom I know in Beijing, she's been here for 3 years yet:

4. Only hangs out with other Westerners (and her heavily Americanized HK female friend)

A lot of teachers at international schools I've heard also carry with them a very racist attitude not only towards Chinese, but also towards their other non-white colleagues.

I once talked to a professor who taught at UBC in Vancouver. She told me she thought Chinese people still lived in villages and eat stereotypical foods (like those in American Chinese restaurants), but once she actually visited Chongqing she was shocked.

I know this is nothing new, but to all you Westerners who just go abroad with a white supremacist or nationalistic attitude, just stay the f**k on your own couch because you do not deserve to even be happier abroad.

Agree 100%. Those wanting to move abroad should be WANTING a change from what they experience in their home country. I'm not talking about just the women either, I'm talking about EVERYTHING. I met all too many foreigners (even Asian foreigners from the USA) in Singapore that disliked the locals and complained about everything. Being "Happier Abroad" is for those that want something different out of their lives than what they get in their home countries. Going to those places and expecting the locals to change to what they expect in their home countries defeats the purpose...
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

A lot of American men are part of the problem they say they hate.
They go abroad and hope to bring a nice girl back and put her right back
into the same vile environment they live in...and they keep their own ignorant
mentality...well they bring the girl back, soak her in shit, and wonder why things don't
go as they dreamed.

Outwest
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

"I read that a lot of Westerners are unhappy abroad, and I totally agree that it is due to their own sense of superiority and refusal to learn new things."

Those people that like it here so much but work overseas are free to switch places with me. I would be more than welcome to take this "burden" away from them. :D
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Bao3niang wrote: C) The workaholics (seriously, why live abroad just to work?)
Because there IS work abroad.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

The_Adventurer wrote:
Bao3niang wrote: C) The workaholics (seriously, why live abroad just to work?)
Because there IS work abroad.
That is only partially true. There are a few reasons why somebody who is working abroad can pass as a workaholic:

1) he might have an expat job, which may well come with a few perks but also means an position of high responsibility (regional director, CEO, team leader, etc.) which inevitably involves lots of hard work and long hours;
2) he might be working in a society where he must suck up to the local work ethics and patterns: Asian countries like Japan, China and - God forbid - South Korea are all 8 AM to 10 PM, 6 days a week places; in rare cases, say if they are freelancers or work jobs that are mainly designed for foreigners (like language teachers), theymight get some slack; but if they work the same jobs as the (male) Japanese, Chinese and Koreans, they will end up sweating the same hours as the locals and end up complaining about their miserable life with colleagues in a night bar.

Having said that, I agree with you. Better to have a job where you have to work hard, than no job at all.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Funny, because I have met quite a number of types A, B and D in here. :)
Lucy123
Freshman Poster

Post by Lucy123 »

Bao3niang wrote:I once talked to a professor who taught at UBC in Vancouver. She told me she thought Chinese people still lived in villages and eat stereotypical foods (like those in American Chinese restaurants), but once she actually visited Chongqing she was shocked.
Wow. A university professor thought that? What did she teach? That is kind of scary. :(
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Ah, finally some noble sentiments are expressed here at Happier Abroad again! :D I agree with you totally, Bao3niang, and I applaud you for posting this.
Bao3niang wrote: I read that a lot of Westerners are unhappy abroad, and I totally agree that it is due to their own sense of superiority and refusal to learn new things.
Yes, this is why I never hang out with expats if I can at all avoid it. They are the ones who are generally blatantly like this.

But I have also realized that subtle forms of this sense of superiority and resistance to a new culture can persist even in my own mind, which is in many ways, quite open to foreign cultures. I am now trying to open up my mind more and be more accepting of the local culture in order to improve my spoken Hungarian much more. Rebuilding oneself from the inside-out in a foreign country can be tough, but it can also be a liberating feeling like being reborn! :D Your mind doesn't have to operate the same way it did 10 years ago!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Jackal wrote:....Yes, this is why I never hang out with expats if I can at all avoid it. They are the ones who are generally blatantly like this.

But I have also realized that subtle forms of this sense of superiority and resistance to a new culture can persist even in my own mind, which is in many ways, quite open to foreign cultures. I am now trying to open up my mind more and be more accepting of the local culture in order to improve my spoken Hungarian much more. Rebuilding oneself from the inside-out in a foreign country can be tough, but it can also be a liberating feeling like being reborn! :D Your mind doesn't have to operate the same way it did 10 years ago!
See. This is a lot of what I have been speaking about.