Solutions to the problems of finding a girl in the US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@NorthAmericanguy
OTB, I enjoy reading your post as I tell you put a lot of thinking into your post. Personally, I tapped out, I really just don't care about meeting American women anymore as I'm better off going to the Caribbean and dealing with the women over there...
I'm glad you enjoy reading what I have to say as I do, indeed, put a lot of thinking into all of my posts. And speaking of the Caribbean I've been talking to a girl, 25 years old, from Santiago, DR. I just got off Skype with her 10 minutes ago. I like the interaction. It's natural but playful. It's a breath of fresh air. The majority of the conversation is in Spanish but her English is sexy.
Last edited by OTB on January 11th, 2014, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

tre wrote: When I was single and out mingling, I was getting all the dates I could handle. If you are NOT having ANY success, then it's time to start asking yourself what YOU are doing wrong.
Bullsh*t, the same blame-the-person shaming tactics. Winston has already explained this.
How tall are you and how were your looks? Or were you dating turds, like all the guys claiming to be "pulling" here in the states, yet concealing that fact?
Any "pulling" you did was proportional to your looks buddy, don't kid yourself. Stop blaming a guy like Winston.
I'd like to see you turn 5'5" and then try to keep that "pulling" game.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Stop ruminating this subject guys, it's getting boring. You keep putting those women on a pedestal and
asking yourselves "if I only did the right thing". C'mon! have some self-value.

The numbers don't add up, you can't "crack" it. Move on to a different market
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

droid wrote:
tre wrote: When I was single and out mingling, I was getting all the dates I could handle. If you are NOT having ANY success, then it's time to start asking yourself what YOU are doing wrong.
Bullsh*t, the same blame-the-person shaming tactics. Winston has already explained this.
How tall are you and how were your looks? Or were you dating turds, like all the guys claiming to be "pulling" here in the states, yet concealing that fact?
Any "pulling" you did was proportional to your looks buddy, don't kid yourself. Stop blaming a guy like Winston.
I'd like to see you turn 5'5" and then try to keep that "pulling" game.

You just pinpointed one SMALL part out of my entire post and ignored the rest. I just said that anyone in their late 30's and beyond (especially those in their 40's or 50's) should not even attempt to date in the USA. Those that do will end up with women that look the way they do, are around the same age as they are and likely with BOATLOADS of baggage (kids, STD's, emotional issues, etc..).

When you are in your 20's and early 30's you CAN pull women consistently in the USA. Plenty of guys are doing it. I was a model/fitness model/model bartender so yes, I dated very attractive women. However, there were guys that were not particularly attractive that dated hot women too...they just had different strategies. Who really cares about that anyway? I didn't fall into having the body I had, I built it over 10 YEARS of hard work. I wanted to change myself bad enough so I went ahead and did it. The key is to keep trying things and adjusting until you find what works for YOU. Plenty of guys could have gotten married SEVERAL times while they were young, but didn't. Plenty of guys DO get married while they are young. There is no reason for very young guys to despair...there are things they can do to better their chances of success. There are SEVERAL solutions while one is young. As you get older, those solutions narrow continually however...

No 55 year old in the USA is going to pull women that are in their 20's unless they are a billionaire, famous, etc.. I wasn't talking about that age group or even 10-15 years younger than that. If that age group wants to date young, they MUST head abroad...
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I was a model/fitness model/model bartender
I meant 5 feet, 5 inches, not 55 yo.
Let me rephrase it: I'd like to see you shrink to 5 feet, 5 inches one night and then try to keep that "pulling" game.

Usually tall/better-looking guys can't relate to shorter guys. So your "you must be doing something wrong" is meaningless. That was my point.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

OTB wrote:Well I don't have a good social network, I'm not wealthy, and I'm not a bad boy but I don't put up with immature behavior from women.
I do have a backbone. However, I'm not going to conform just to have a girl.

Now, I have aspirations of creating a web design business. Money and status does make you more attractive to not only AW but women in general. Women want security! Women want to look up to their man. But I don't get why it's not enough to be a working man, let's say you make $40K a year, you have your own place, your own car, you're good looking, and you have good social skills.
Stand still. "Debt free & owns a home & car" is about to become the new rich, in the USSA.
This is like standing in the Amazon River and asking "Are the fish biting?" Why, yes. Yes, they certainly are. :D
You're one viral video (or other showcase for your skills) away from having to be very selective about letting a woman even know your govt name and where you stay.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
TheLegendSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLegendSeeker »

Last edited by TheLegendSeeker on June 22nd, 2014, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

OTB wrote: There ARE women out there. I saw plenty of them that were my type up in North Jersey and NY. Me and buddy went to up to a couple malls in North Jersey and then headed to NY two weekends in a row back in August and we saw plenty of wife material up there.
It's when they stop being wife material that there's a problem. A very expensive problem.
E.g., New Jersey Man sits in jail while unable to pay alimony that exceeds his income (well, maybe he's out by now). :wink:

Did NJ get rid of lifetime vaginamony, yet?
At the very least, look for a state that doesn't have laws like that.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

droid wrote:
Let me rephrase it: I'd like to see you shrink to 5 feet, 5 inches one night and then try to keep that "pulling" game.

Usually tall/better-looking guys can't relate to shorter guys. So your "you must be doing something wrong" is meaningless. That was my point.
I'm around that height and I have no problem pulling girls. I have friends around that height as well that also don't have problems pulling (and by "pulling", I mean casual sex).

Relationships are a bit harder for me.....but I'm starting to realize that my issues are internal, rather than external.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Maverick wrote:
droid wrote:

I'm around that height and I have no problem pulling girls. I have friends around that height as well that also don't have problems pulling (and by "pulling", I mean casual sex).

Relationships are a bit harder for me.....but I'm starting to realize that my issues are internal, rather than external.
Relationships are hard for ANY man in the USA, especially marriage. It's like you have to agree to put your balls in a vice...it's expected. Then, when anything goes wrong (even when it's the womans fault), they then have the right to castrate you (financially, emotionally, mentally, etc). "Pulling" chicks is not impossible for the vast majority of younger men. Western Girls are often sluts and want to "get off" just like the typical dude. If you can't pull chicks to save your life in your twenties and early thirties then you are likely doing something (or many things) wrong. There are, of course, exceptions. Those who have diseases or accidents that disfigure/damage them are going to be a special case. I doubt there are many like that here on this forum though...
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

tre wrote:
Maverick wrote:
droid wrote:

Relationships are hard for ANY man in the USA, especially marriage. It's like you have to agree to put your balls in a vice...it's expected. Then, when anything goes wrong (even when it's the womans fault), they then have the right to castrate you (financially, emotionally, mentally, etc). "Pulling" chicks is not impossible for the vast majority of younger men. Western Girls are often sluts and want to "get off" just like the typical dude. If you can't pull chicks to save your life in your twenties and early thirties then you are likely doing something (or many things) wrong. There are, of course, exceptions. Those who have diseases or accidents that disfigure/damage them are going to be a special case. I doubt there are many like that here on this forum though...
This is what I've been saying the entire time on this forum.

I really struggle to understand why young guys go to other countries for casual sex when it is so easy to get that here (regardless of race, height, looks, etc). Anyone in their 20s, 30s, and maybe even 40s (if they take care of themselves) should not have much of a problem.

For relationships, though, the guys have to make ridiculous concessions. HOWEVER, some guys may be okay with that. I have a feeling that most guys on here (like myself) are control freaks that don't want to make concessions. So, in some ways, I do believe that the "problem" (if you want to call it that) is with us as well.

Also, I personally don't agree with "AWALT", even in the US, as I do know many decent women here. Unfortunately, they are not as common as crappy women. Even if you find one, you may not vibe well with her, may have different life goals, the timing might be wrong, etc.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

tre wrote: No 55 year old in the USA is going to pull women that are in their 20's unless they are a billionaire, famous, etc.. .
Incorrect. Been there, done that. Is there some reason you don't think you can continue to stay in shape and look decent past your 30s? You're in SE Arizona? Let's get together, hit the bars and see who pulls.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

The quality of the girls you can pull for casual sex (e.g. in nightclubs) is poor in the US in my experience. In my 20s I was able to get a couple (only a couple) of girls in clubs/bars and they were fat and ugly. Was your experience different with these short-term flings?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Someone wrote:The quality of the girls you can pull for casual sex (e.g. in nightclubs) is poor in the US in my experience. In my 20s I was able to get a couple (only a couple) of girls in clubs/bars and they were fat and ugly. Was your experience different with these short-term flings?
These guys conceal that either they themselves had looks, or if not, that the girls weren't attractive.
It's all about the bragging and pretending to have some pulling 'skills'. Probably part of all the puffing-up that Winston describes.
I don't get it, I just like women for the sake of women and for my own enjoyment, not so much for any bragging.

I've been approached/asked-out/eye-fooked by *plenty* of women here in the states, but they've been either hideous and/or bat-shit-crazy and/or with children
(any doable ones ignore you or are snake-cold, for reasons I've postulated before).
I guess I should have banged them just to add the notches and then tell people about it. Maybe "My" problem was that I didn't lower my standard.

As Polya or Teal would say sarcastically, somewhere somehow here's a man at fault, Lol!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Someone wrote:The quality of the girls you can pull for casual sex (e.g. in nightclubs) is poor in the US in my experience. In my 20s I was able to get a couple (only a couple) of girls in clubs/bars and they were fat and ugly. Was your experience different with these short-term flings?
No. I've never had sex with a fat girl.

Some girls I had to lower my standards for, but most were either reasonably attractive or outright hotties.