Do Western men date the ugliest Taiwanese girls?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Do Western men date the ugliest Taiwanese girls?

Post by MatureDJ »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

This phenomenon is nothing new.

I've lived in asia and traveled around for years now and the number of really attractive local girls I have seen with western guys is rare. It's usually memorable enough that I can tell you exactly which venue I saw this couple at and when. For example: I saw a very attractive model looking Thai girl hanging out with a young western guy who was a european male model with that thin ultra stylish metro look back in '05 at bed supper club in Bangkok. I can remember very specific details like that because from what i've seen it's pretty rare. In almost all cases where I did see an attractive local girl with a western guy the man was 1) equally if not better looking or 2) wealthy.

On the other hand I can't even begin to count the number of messed up looking or lame local guys with girls that I would consider hot or stunners. The attractiveness gap is pretty glaring in Bangkok. I have seen it very often and even made a post about it. I remember looking back and forth and everywhere in Ikea because the bulk of couples I saw were some hot thai girls with ugly looking Thai guys. It was revealing.

I also find that asia attracts a lot of "beta" western men. These are men who tend to forsake self improvement and go for low hanging fruit and consequentially also date women who are easy and closely resemble the stereotypes in their own country.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I think that's heavily why I have such a hard time finding asian women I find attractive.

My taste is on par with local asian men, I normally know what a ugly, average, hot looking girl from her respectable country looks like, on the flip side, the normal western ideal of beaiuty would mean westerners by default are drawn to the less attractive asian females in regards to what the local mens taste would be, I don't think anything is wrong with that, as both parties will end up happy.

I personally drive my self crazy, I just can't get in to the unattractive asian girls, it's my OPINION that a lot of western men like Filipino women because they appeal to westerners taste more often, that's why I don't think I find them attractive, I don't find the western ideal attractive.

My taste are the super cute/hot japanese/Chinese girls who are pale and have perfect hair who are thin as a rail.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I'd say that most Westerners dont go to SEA because they find girls attractive, they go because its easiest place to get laid and its cheapest to live, if Brazil or Australia was as easy/cheap as Philipines nobody would talk about Filipinas

its also true that asia attracts lot of beta men and these men will go for anything, it is extremely rare to see westerner with attractive asian girl.
AiBs wife is one of better looking women Ive seen with western man and she is very plain or average at best, Falcons indonesian girls are bottom of the barrel type.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Banano wrote: Falcons indonesian girls are bottom of the barrel type.
Lol...
ZaroSath
Freshman Poster

Post by ZaroSath »

magnum wrote:I think that's heavily why I have such a hard time finding asian women I find attractive.

My taste are the super cute/hot japanese/Chinese girls who are pale and have perfect hair who are thin as a rail.
i like the cute asian looks too although if she is too thin its kind of a turnoff for me.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate, have you yourself dated women in Taiwan before?

I'm having the time of my life with women in Taiwan. I'm facing virtually zero competition from Taiwanese guys too. Although, yes, I know my case is equivalent to dating monolingual Spanish-speaking women in the US. :D
AdmiralOfBlacks
Freshman Poster

Post by AdmiralOfBlacks »

I'd say that Black guys date the ugliest Taiwanese girls, and that's in the very rare cases that a Black guy can even get any there. Do whites date ugly girls in Taiwan? I'm sure that it happens. Are all girls that date white guys ugly? I'd have to say absolutely not, and even if they are not perfect 10s by TW standards, the quality and quantity of Taiwanese girls that you can get by dropping off of the plane and being a non-Black foreigner is much better than the slop or celibacy they'd have to deal with in their home countries.
Eorthisio
Freshman Poster

Post by Eorthisio »

The dating scene is terrible in Taiwan, girls seems to not be opened to anyone outside their circle and extended circle (friends of their friends).

But that did not prevent me from getting some pretty hot chicks over there.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Funny. That's what Pinoys say about Kanos: They date the UGLIEST Pinays.
Lucid-Dreams
Freshman Poster

Post by Lucid-Dreams »

Often, in East Asian countries the locals find that the most Caucasian women to be the most beautiful. Japan, Korea, and the Phils are great examples. As for me, I didn't travel half way around the world to be with the girl next door. I wanted an Asian woman--a very non-Caucasian looking woman.

I once had an argument with a Taiwanese Harvard and Stanford PhD gentlemen about Asian beauty. He wondered why westerner's tend to like the "ugliest" Asian women so much. I had him show me some examples of the "hottest Asian women to him" and wow they were about as Caucasian-looking as an Asian can get! When I pointed that out to him, he said "Exactly!" Ugh. He ended up marrying a sweet beautiful busty blonde British girl. (all part of our social group in college) :p

To me, Asian women are feminine, sexy and exotic. To the locals, they they are often the ugliest and they often idolize European looks. It's all relative I suppose.
Anthropolonerd
Freshman Poster

Post by Anthropolonerd »

Lucid-Dreams wrote:Often, in East Asian countries the locals find that the most Caucasian women to be the most beautiful. Japan, Korea, and the Phils are great examples. As for me, I didn't travel half way around the world to be with the girl next door. I wanted an Asian woman--a very non-Caucasian looking woman.

I once had an argument with a Taiwanese Harvard and Stanford PhD gentlemen about Asian beauty. He wondered why westerner's tend to like the "ugliest" Asian women so much. I had him show me some examples of the "hottest Asian women to him" and wow they were about as Caucasian-looking as an Asian can get! When I pointed that out to him, he said "Exactly!" Ugh. He ended up marrying a sweet beautiful busty blonde British girl. (all part of our social group in college) :p

To me, Asian women are feminine, sexy and exotic. To the locals, they they are often the ugliest and they often idolize European looks. It's all relative I suppose.
Interesting. Can you post a few examples of what you consider beautiful(!) pure-Asian and what your friend would consider beautiful caucasian-Asian? I find the distinction often hard to make with Asians but I have a feeling that I am also most (if not only) attracted to the ones that "look caucasian".

Also let's get it straight that looking caucasian is not a real thing. Humans, regardless of race, are highly genetically similar. So even inside different races you'll have intersecting groups in terms of facial characteristics (i.e. you will also have caucasians which "look Asian" probably).

By the way the differences in facial preferences is a huge academic hobby of mine. The best reference I've found so far is to compare western drama/TV stars with Asian (i.e. Korean) drama/TV stars. By the way I've spoken to a number of Asian people and they've all confirmed they think Koreans are, on the whole, the best looking (just like we think the best looking Americans come from LA which is probably true to a limited extent).

What I have found so far in terms of unisex differences between the most ideal western preferences and the most ideal Asian ones are:
-Asians prefer rounder foreheads, westerners prefer straight (esp but not only on males)
-On males, westerners prefer a bulging brow, Asians prefer smoother (not 100% smooth, it is still masculine but less obviously)
-No flared jaw angles in Asian preferences
-Preference for fuller lips on males and less full lips on females (lip thickness on males and females about the same in Asia, whereas in the west Brangelina = ideal couple)
-Asian ideal females project more homeliness, cuteness and docility (in my view), western ideal females project more (sexual) independence, display sexual value more (Megan Fox in any movie she's been in), are more dominant.
-The same goes for men to a certain extent. Asian ideal males seem more sophisticated-looking, less primitive (although certainly recent trends in western ideal males have been moving away from the "primitive" look as well, i.e. Shia Leboeuf, Leonardo DiCaprio)
-Westerners prefer tanned skin, Asians prefer untanned skin (duh)

Examples of male ideal Asians: http://besttop10tip.com/top-10-most-pop ... s-in-2013/
You will see only #9 would be generally considered "handsome" or sexually attractive/dominant in the west, especially the US.
Examples of female ideal Asians: http://welovedramakorean.wordpress.com/ ... actress-2/
I think none of these would be extremely sexually desireable in western world. By the way I'm curious if these are the types you and your friend consider the most "caucasian-looking", because I don't (at all) and I also don't think that these are particularly attractive-looking, either. Although I can appreciate on a mental level that they are very beautiful (the guys as well).

By the way while none of them would be extremely high in terms of attractiveness in the western world, they would still be above average, obviously, because they are objectively not ugly at all (while at least 50% of the people alive are objectively ugly i.e. below average).

I think almost everybody here has an idea of the western ideals so not gonna bother with that. [/img]
Last edited by Anthropolonerd on February 12th, 2014, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

Banano wrote:I'd say that most Westerners dont go to SEA because they find girls attractive, they go because its easiest place to get laid and its cheapest to live, if Brazil or Australia was as easy/cheap as Philipines nobody would talk about Filipinas

its also true that asia attracts lot of beta men and these men will go for anything, it is extremely rare to see westerner with attractive asian girl.
AiBs wife is one of better looking women Ive seen with western man and she is very plain or average at best, Falcons indonesian girls are bottom of the barrel type.
So true.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Banano wrote:I'd say that most Westerners dont go to SEA because they find girls attractive, they go because its easiest place to get laid and its cheapest to live, if Brazil or Australia was as easy/cheap as Philipines nobody would talk about Filipinas

SEA countries like Philippines is a multiracial country
just because westerner whore mongers always seem to attract ugly women doesnt mean SEA as a whole is shitsville in terms of attractiveness...

difference is ugly girls in Australia probably look heads and shoulders above anything better then the type of women ezziary and his ghetto crew sleep around with in Thailand and Philippines

reason why so many women in dating websites are pinay?? because those are the bottom of the barrell uglies

you want an attractive looking pinay??? then you got to work for it just like any other guy....stop thinking your god's gift to pinays
How the hell do middleage men from Korea or Japan seem to nab attractive looking wives from SEA..yet here you have people complaining about the lack of quality of women in SEA.....lol its all about how you represent yourself

an attractive SEA women could give any attractive women from any country a run for their money
[/img]
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The same typical BULLSHIT we hear over and over in this forum. The more "white" a girl looks, the more beautiful she is. The more Asian she looks, she's just plain ugly. Even Rock subscribes to these notions. AND there's not room for, as the article states, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." or "One man's trash is another man's treasure." NO. Around here it is UNIVERSAL. You accept it (your white looking asian) or you're a pathetic beta foreigner who is just settling for fuglies because he can't do any better. That sound about right?

Well, thanks, but I am not going to let other people determine what is right for me.

Note the list of features called beauty in the article: Big round eyes, thin protruding nose, white skin, long skinny legs etc. All sounds like "white girl" to me. I have no interest in white girls so why go for this?

Single eyelid, line eyes are a must for me. That is the beginning of Asian cuteness and attractiveness. At least what I like most. I like shorter, rounder legs, rounder faces, with line eyes of course, and darker skin.

I would go for this:

Before this:

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I would be into this:

Not this:

I am not attracted to white girls. I don't need my Asian girls to look like white girls.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan