Slowly dying

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you're religious, there are many missionary groups that train and send folks overseas. You'll need to do your own research and contact those who have done this for advice.

At one of my old workplace, the secretary went to Southern China with her church group for missionary work. There were 2 single guys, both Chinese/Taiwanese American, in the group, and both meet their wives there and got married.

There are volunteer missionaries who are self-funded, and there are missions funded by Church groups where you receive a stipend/allowance and other benefits like insurance and housing. I am not a member of any such group and you'll need to do your own due diligence.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

GenYguy
Freshman Poster

SEO Writing Was My Answer

Post by GenYguy »

ladislav wrote:What skill could this young man learn in a short time? Brainstorm everyone!
I'm going to create a new thread in the working and studying part of the forum and talk about the success I'm currently having with SEO writing.

My first thread was about my struggles figuring out what I should do. Now I'm on the fast track to living overseas with my own business...

Hmm maybe I will put this on this part of the forum, because maybe more people who need to see it will see it...
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE. I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE.

You are struggling with money so a full-on college degree is financially suicidal. Besides, unless you have a valuable degree and not just a fluff degree, it's not worth it. If you are not academically inclined, going to college just for the sake of getting a degree is f***ing retarded. The job market is saturated with too many college degrees. Most college grads cannot find jobs either, so don't feel bad.

So what do you do? Learn welding. What? Yup, welding. Welding is in demand nationally and a lot of people aren't doing it because it's "beneath them" so they get "fancy college degrees." It won't help you attract hypergamous Chinese women, but it will help you secure yourself financially, and that is what matters right now. Find a community/technical college with a welding program. You said you live in California. If you live in LA, then LA Trade Tech has an excellent welding program. It should only take 2 years at the most.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Dragon wrote:DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE. I REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE.

You are struggling with money so a full-on college degree is financially suicidal. Besides, unless you have a valuable degree and not just a fluff degree, it's not worth it. If you are not academically inclined, going to college just for the sake of getting a degree is f***ing retarded. The job market is saturated with too many college degrees. Most college grads cannot find jobs either, so don't feel bad.

So what do you do? Learn welding. What? Yup, welding. Welding is in demand nationally and a lot of people aren't doing it because it's "beneath them" so they get "fancy college degrees." It won't help you attract hypergamous Chinese women, but it will help you secure yourself financially, and that is what matters right now. Find a community/technical college with a welding program. You said you live in California. If you live in LA, then LA Trade Tech has an excellent welding program. It should only take 2 years at the most.
+1

OP, I have my masters. Thanks to good guidance from my parents, I got that in a field that actually makes money. I got lucky to have at least one parent with common sense to guide me. Many of my friends from college were not that lucky. They have tons of debt now and no jobs (or really crappy jobs).

Also, don't stress over a girl like that. She ditched you because you don't have a college degree. Do you really think that she would make a good wife in the long run? She might marry a guy with a degree. Then he might lose all of his money. Then what? She's gone too. You should look at this as a test of character and she failed that test. Go out and get yourself a ride-or-die chick. They do exist.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Good suggestions guys!

College is a waist, unless you plan to leave the country for good, but that wont fix my lack of cash.

I agree with your point dragon, but I can't take 2 years in this country...2 years of no friends, no women, no potential wife and indirectly no chance at sex in 2 years for me.

Hell I have a guard card and I can't even find a security job, and not everyone has a guard card.

One of my plans was to try and get unemployment save up enough to renew my visa and get a English teaching job as soon as I can, get the HELL out on the U.S.A's bill.

I pray it will work that way, otherwise it's plasma donations, and honestly....I need my blood for working out.
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

He could go to a community college or trade school to become an auto mechanic, diesel technician, electrician, pipefitter, or any other tradesman. Training usually only takes 2 years and the student debt wouldn't be as bad as attending a 4 year university. I'm not sure if other countries prefer hiring locals instead of foreigners in the trades. Also, in the US work might be slow in any trade associated with the housing market, like electrician. I have heard of people getting jobs in the Canadian Oil fields, but I don't know the process of attaining one of those jobs. Just an idea to put out there.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Solution

Post by GenYguy »

Created with a new thread with a potential solution for supporting yourself. Check it out if you want. viewtopic.php?p=166748#166748
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Slowly dying

Post by droid »

magnum wrote:make a few grand get back to my ex girl friend
Have some self-respect guys, that's the first thing. There are gazillions of girls in China and you're going to get hung on this one?
Statistically, there's probably 1 millon "the ones" for you over there lol, cheer up man.
SilverEnergy wrote:You need to seek professional help from a therapist or a life coach or mentor.
You know they would give him the usual blue pill bullshit.

An engineering or similar degree pays for itself in about 1.5 years, this was my case. Imagine, you get a 60K job and your $900
pay stubs start piling up real quick on your desk. Of course, you shouldn't sacrifice your social life for this, but you're still young and
have plenty of time. In my opinion, it beats rushing too early to China with much less status and flexibility.

At the same time though, somehow managing to make $15-$20K in China at your age must be pretty decent too... Almost wish I would've done it.

But please, whatever you do, do not white-knight a chick below your league here in the States.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

I live on minimum wage and manage to save up to $500 a month. for The majority of the time, I can only manage 250-300 per month.

For the op all he needs is a job that pays somewhat above min wage and or he can moonlight a second job. if you chooze moonlighting, then apply for a part time grocery store position for they have extremely flexible hours.

this is what im doing in terms of saving
1. Plasma. I donte plasma now. it makes 20 bucks per donation and can be done twice a week every week. Plasma is a very useful saver on purchases such as food.
2. live way below your means, get a low end poor apartment as poor as you can get.
3. my instructions for food:
-50 cent produce bags. A juicer is reccomemded. it will satisfy your nutrition needs
-ramen or brown rice. brown rice if your health conscious, ramen for pure economical calorie needs
4. internet- don't even bother
5. for phone get a super cheap plan. since op has no friends he only needs enough minutes for work that's it.

If you can save 1-2k a month then atleast you can travel back and forth from china.
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

Post by KeepinItForeign »

I feel your pain man.I'm stuck in the same situation,no job,no education,living on public assistance(for a lack of a better word),no girlfriend in sight,since the dating pool out here in Canada is a cess pool.Women out here will only pay attention to you if you got a nice car,a career,your own place and money.It's sad really,us average guys can't get shit out here.If you really want to be somebody,you have to jump through so many hoops in this system.f**k western society.
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f**k.-Immortal Technique
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

I have an idea for your debt problem. I am originally from Germany and I have a friend there whose American girlfriend moved with him to Germany to study there. Why? Because you don't pay a dime to study in Germany, really nothing. Maybe this is an option for you?