The Filipinas (Observations/Tips)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:Guys, if you have been following this, I want thank you.

I need input.

Is there a market for a Filipina upper-strata dating service?

The chicks are all middle to upper strata. If you read my blog, you will understand their plight.

They are looking for foreign men with high value not 40 year old apartment plumbers. Most are 23-30. These chicks are not in any online dating service currently. They are looking to fall in love with non-assholes. <actual words.

I have access to these chicks. Is there a way to monetize it?
Perhaps as some kind of high priced niche service. Thing is, so many what I would consider higher valued type white guys either don't seem to clearly perceive (or care) about the strata of the Filipina or actually prefer to avoid middle/upper strata cus they feel such girls are more westernized. I've seen this at times with other races of guys such as middle easterners or even NE Asians (eg Falcon lol). But I would imagine there are certain qualified guys with means to pay a lot who might go for such a service. I believe there are elite type dating services in Europe/USA which seem to do well charging huge fees to a small number of members which meet specific criteria.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Rock wrote:

I need input.

The chicks are all middle to upper strata. If you read my blog, you will understand their plight.

They are looking for foreign men with high value not 40 year old apartment plumbers. Most are 23-30. These chicks are not in any online dating service currently. They are looking to fall in love with non-assholes. <actual words.

Perhaps as some kind of high priced niche service. Thing is, so many what I would consider higher valued type white guys either don't seem to clearly perceive (or care) about the strata of the Filipina or actually prefer to avoid middle/upper strata cus they feel such girls are more westernized. I've seen this at times with other races of guys such as middle easterners or even NE Asians (eg Falcon lol). But I would imagine there are certain qualified guys with means to pay a lot who might go for such a service. I believe there are elite type dating services in Europe/USA which seem to do well charging huge fees to a small number of members which meet specific criteria.
My guess is that you'd have a more difficult time drumming up interest from the higher valued western man. Sadly there is so much negative influence placed upon international dating by various groups ie feminists and our own US Government putting up hurdles that men still get scared away. Marrying a "mail order bride" is still seen as a shameful act of desperation. However, there should be enough of these guys to make a viable business work.

But I agree with Rock. A niche market should be there for the taking. Not to be an a-hole, but whenever I need a good laugh, I come to this forum and read about guys and their inability to meet "middle class girls" in the Philippines. Make no mistake, there are thousands upon thousands of them interested in marrying a western guy. But a guy needs to have his sh*t together in order to gain their interest. Notice I said the word "marry." They aren't interested in being "cold approached" by some tourist who is in their country for a 2 week "surveying quest." They aren't interested in a short term fling. They want to be courted in the ways of her culture and eventually married.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

sushiman wrote:
publicduende wrote:I have mingled with some very rich individuals in Davao and did notice the same patterns.
Where would you suggest in Davao for mingling with the upper-middle class and making acquaintances? Normally I do things with introductions, but don't have contacts in Davao.

Not that there's anything wrong with mingling with the hot farm girls, but it would be nice to meet some more sophisticated sorts...
Hey sorry Sushiman, didn't see this one. Busy with work now, can only check HA on a Friday night or weekend...

One of the best ways to connect to the more respectable members of Davao is surely through one of the many social or business association. The Lions or Rotary club spring to mind, but they also have some more institutions, including...the Freemasons. All of them will probably require you to at least pledge some sort of commitment for at least a few months. It wouldn't make sense for them to invest in embracing you if you will disappear after a few weeks. Filipinos are the most sociable and inclusive people I have ever met, and probably will ever meet, in my life. Yet, that doesn't mean they are silly enough to lose their time on somebody who is clearly in their city as little more than tourism. Which brings me to the other key aspect: be, or at least pose as, a genuine businessman with some sort of ongoing project involving the city, its people and infrastructure etc. Even if you have the faintest business idea in your mind, it's always good to bring it out and discuss is with adult Filipinos. Even if it were to never materialise, it will provide for excellent conversation material and will definitely give them the vibe that you're a serious man and interested in giving to, not just taking from, the community.

As in so many countries (including Latin America and even places like Italy and Spain), it's absolute key to mingle with the men, the fathers and patriarchs. I am always shaking my head when I hear of people whom, from the moment they land in one such places to the moment they tie the knot or leave, want to be surrounded solely by young women. It just ain't gonna work in those societies where family is the absolute cornerstone of everything. This should apply especially to those who desire (or claim to desire) a traditional family girl - it's always about knowing, appreciating and being trusted in her social context. Outwest, the gentleman who has really understood evertything about the Philippines, did exactly that. If serious about finding love in the Philippines, everybody should follow his steps, else they're just playing with their (wet) dreams or whoremongering in disguise.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I need input.

Kuya, I don't mean to shit on your dream but...any resourceful man with a decent job and a stash of money/assets, perhaps only lacking on the youth factor, will quite probably know to get his act together and find the kind of middle to upper-strata Pinay you are talking about. Yes, there are exceptions, like a Japanese-American huy I met in Samal who had found her Filipina gf (a lovely dark-skinned young woman) on ChristianFilipina. Those with money will probably hire a matchmaker. I heard they're quite popular with Japanese and Koreans who want to find cream of the crop girls, perhaps not necessarily middle class but surely top 10% in terms of youth, looks, and personality.

Perhaps more than a dating service you could monetise as one such elite matchmaker? Your knowledge of Tagalog and English as well as the traits of both cultures should prove invaluables. In a less glamorous and more mundane way, this is what this guy is doing here: http://www.bebotsonly.com/. The girls he tries to introduce may be as poor as f**k, yet do generally stand out as particularly young, beautiful and honest.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

So I could essentially tell these girls that I'll act as broker for them for other US European marriage agencies?

filipinalovebroker.com

lol

What about just handing out my card to girls or talking to girls and get them to join an online database then tell you guys to join it?
Last edited by mguy on January 26th, 2014, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

publicduende wrote:
Perhaps more than a dating service you could monetise as one such elite matchmaker? Your knowledge of Tagalog and English as well as the traits of both cultures should prove invaluables. In a less glamorous and more mundane way, this is what this guy is doing here:The girls he tries to introduce may be as poor as f**k, yet do generally stand out as particularly young, beautiful and honest.
Thanks Tio. I can do the elite matchmaker, but how do I get started on that.

I'm actually bringing 2 of these girls on a speed dating event **cuz I go to speed dating events with dates!!!!!!!!!!! uhhhhhhh :lol:

How the hell do I get into this matchmaking stuff? is it worth it? I prefer an online system than being tied to the ground.

"hey girl, I run a matchmaking service, you make the cut.. holla at me and my Boi!! heres my card "

I could literally just hand of business cards with my site and ask them to join it? Is there enough angle?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

asian american dating is also on the table. race based dating.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

dating for local market is also a possibility. the good thing about this is im into it.

not many filipinas are aware of online dating. but i can approach them, give them a "ur pretty.. i have friends that would like... hmm.. maybe you should check this site" the bebot site, i can approach girls like that at the mall or something get them registered.

throwing ideas out

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

pete98146 wrote:
Rock wrote:

I need input.

My guess is that you'd have a more difficult time drumming up interest from the higher valued western man. Sadly there is so much negative influence placed upon international dating by various groups ie feminists and our own US Government putting up hurdles that men still get scared away. Marrying a "mail order bride" is still seen as a shameful act of desperation. However, there should be enough of these guys to make a viable business work.

But I agree with Rock. A niche market should be there for the taking. Not to be an a-hole, but whenever I need a good laugh, I come to this forum and read about guys and their inability to meet "middle class girls" in the Philippines. Make no mistake, there are thousands upon thousands of them interested in marrying a western guy. But a guy needs to have his sh*t together in order to gain their interest. Notice I said the word "marry." They aren't interested in being "cold approached" by some tourist who is in their country for a 2 week "surveying quest." They aren't interested in a short term fling. They want to be courted in the ways of her culture and eventually married.
How big is this market you reckon? I'm all in for marriage, I even have a short guide on "the way of her culture" bc i know one can't escape it. What about situations where both party will benefit like educated nursing students? Bring them back and they can hone in to an income source? Problem is these types are picky and could go to to saudi.

I think cold approaching is quite effective and efficient. Guys should meet girls online but also do cold approaches.

Those girls in Colombia I cold approached? I am still good friends with them and if I go back to Colombia I might end up marrying her or maybe get hook up with a friend. She knows im here and she might even visit me. (*fck yeah!).
Cold approaches go a long way! Approaches are hard to do but the returns are worth it.. everything has an organic feel to it as opposed to meeting online which doesnt make a good "how we met" story. A lot of girls you approach are willing to marry if you develop it.

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

ill ask xiongmao lol

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

pete98146 wrote:My guess is that you'd have a more difficult time drumming up interest from the higher valued western man. Sadly there is so much negative influence placed upon international dating by various groups ie feminists and our own US Government putting up hurdles that men still get scared away. Marrying a "mail order bride" is still seen as a shameful act of desperation. However, there should be enough of these guys to make a viable business work.
From what I read here and a number of other places, as soon as a man gets disillusioned about finding the kind of young hot and traditional-minded woman they (thik) they deserve, to hell with the feminists and their propaganda, they'll be happy to sail to the other corner of the planet to find her, if necessary. I think many of them are first and/or second time divorcees, or mature singles who realise their pulling power has dropped a lot because of their aging bodies and despite being of higher financial value.

I think a market is definitely there, MGuy. As usual, it's all about matching the demand with the offer. By all means you could advertise your services online, but anything that puts the girls' face on a (publicly accessible) section of said website will immediately give both the men and the girls the dating site vibe. Perhaps a more discreet approach, with a subscription service and private sections showing the options and organised tours to meet them. Something like that. There are matchmaking agencies in NYC making $15000 for a single introduction, if you could make even a 5th of that you would be a fine man in Manila. :)
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery Writer »

I need input.

I'm surprised this thread died on the vine. Yes, there is definitely a way to monetize this. These women have the disposable income you need to charge to hook them up with appropriate men. However, you need to make a decision: how hands-on do you want to be in managing this matchmaking/dating service?

It appears that the last thing you want to be is a 24/7 manager of such an enterprise. The guy who does bebotsonly.com has a business that owns him.

The next question is: website only, or some kind of meetup group there? If you set up an automated website, but don't offer some kind of deluxe face-to-face introductory service, you won't command top dollar. There might be a way to do this without spending all your time organizing and running such an event (on a monthly or quarterly basis).

You might also think about location. Sure, Manila has the cream of the crop, but it also has the most opportunities for desperate women. How about Cebu? Won't those women be even more desperate, given that Manila is the talent magnet of the Philippines?

You need to think in terms of a Mission Statement like, "Providing the best introductions of eligible bachelors to quality women of the Philippines in the world". That way, you can charge a princely sum for delivering eligible princes to these desperate princesses.

HTH