3 Solutions

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
drealm
Junior Poster

3 Solutions

Post by drealm »

I see three solutions to meeting foreign women:

Solution A

1) Contact women in X country on dating sites.
2) Take 1 week vacation to meet women.
3) Take follow up vacations.
4) Bring woman back to USA.

Solution B

1) Quit job.
2) Move to country to meet women.

Solution C

1) Find foreign women locally on dating websites.

Solution A isn't ideal but it's better than nothing. The problem with this approach is you need to commit quickly to people you don't know very well.

Solution B is good if you havelow income at home, because you can get an equivalent teaching job abroad. This is not as good for people whom have a solid middle class or upper middle class income and beyond.

Solution C can be done passively while attempting to do A or B. Right now I have a POF account and I search once a week for FOB foreign women within a 50 mile radius of my house. This results in 2~3 contacts a month. So far I've contacted about 9 women. Of these 9 women I've only gotten a response from 1 and she stopped responding. C isn't ideal because the pool is small and FOB's don't see you with as high status as domestic foreign women.

I do not see myself doing B in the future anytime soon. So this leaves me A and C. Has anyone had success with A or C?

If you had success with A, what was your logistical approach? How many times did you visit before committing? How long were your visits? What country is best suited for immigration process?

If you had success with C, what sites did you use? Are there any sites geared towards FOB women? I made an account with all the cupid media sites I was interested in: http://www.cupidmedia.com/en/services. FOB women are less common on cupidmedia, so for the time being I've chosen to only keep POF membership. I would be willing to pay x10 my POF membership for a site just geared towards FOB's.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

What is "FOB"?

I think A can work, especially with a country that is close enough to visit often. I don't see why A requires you to commit quickly.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

fschmidt wrote:
I think A can work, especially with a country that is close enough to visit often. I don't see why A requires you to commit quickly.
There's an incentive to commit quickly because you don't want to invest multiple trips in someone you don't like. Most people you meet however will be neutral, so you won't like or dislike them. The ratio of dating to commitment for A seems to be something between speed dating and regular dating.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I did (A) for 3 years, but deciding if you want to marry somebody after a week's vacation is just too hard. Also a relationship cannot progress while you're both on another continent. I've also paid a very high psychological price for falling in love then leaving her 10,000 miles away. So I don't recommend (A).

As you probably know, I did (B) last year with mixed results. I met plenty of women but I guess I'm going off the whole marriage thing. Living with a house full of spoilt kids back in farangland is hell on Earth - why would I want that?

I would however recommend EVERYONE goes to live abroad for a year. I've changed a lot. I'm calmer, and I no longer care about buying consumer shit.

Not tried (C). My usual tools for meeting Asian women aren't so good back in the UK. There are lots of foreign women here, but I guess I'd have to join Match.com. Plenty of Fish keep deleting my account which is a nuisance.

I would add option (D) to the list, which is to become a sex tourist (for want of a better word). Go abroad once or twice a year and get your fill of women. Then go back and make a load of cash and live well for another few months.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.