New TLC Show: '90 Day Fiancee' - International marriage

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

What didn't surprise me at all on the show is the attitude most americans have against foreigners. They just know they lost out to some good men so they have to throw in the stereotypes. I do agree however about the guy with the ex wife. He should grow some balls cause I never heard of anyone needing the approval of an ex to be with someone. Ridiculous how his life revolves around his ex. I still haven't seen the 3rd episode so I'm just waiting to see the 3rd chapter once it's uploaded on the web. But one thing I know will happen sooner or later on this reality show is that the producers are gonna over exploit the bad more and fill more people's heads that marrying a foreigner is a bad idea.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Here comes the feminazi criticism.

Post by ***JP*** »

Already a dumb AW feminazi criticizes the show without even knowing properly what the K1 visa is really about. Even some men have called her stupid in the comments section Lol. Check it out guys you gonna have one good laugh on how dumb this feminazi is.

http://smallscreenscoop.com/90-day-fian ... ew/338196/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

djfourmoney wrote:
  • The Okie found his girl while working on contract in Colombia

The Mormon was on a mission in rural Brazil

The White guy with the tatted up ex-wife met his girl on a site like Interpals
I am not sure about the others just yet.
The guy who lives in Cleveland with the girl from Russia found his girl on a website where you can exchange emails with other people and practice learning their language.

He said he was going to take a trip to Russia but first wanted to learn the language so he joined a website where he could practice learning Russian with people who already speak Russian. This is how he meet his fiancé.

Here is my prediction of what will happen to the four couples.

The guy who is dating the woman from Russia will decide his fiancé does not really love and he will tell her to go back to Russia.

The girl from Columbia obviously has no intention of staying married to the guy from Oklahoma and my guess is that even though the guy is a mangina and a push over, he will agree to marry her. My guess is, after two years of marriage, she will divorce him and move to LA or NYC and start her partying life all over again. She will eventually remarry a wealthy man like a doctor and thank her first husband for giving her American citizenship!

The guy who is dating the girl from the Philippines will marry her, even though she will have a difficult time dealing with his two sons and his overbearing ex-wife.

Finally, the best couple out all four is the Mormon guy and his girl from Brazil. They will get married and stay married for life (even though she misses her family a great deal). Her modeling career will pay her enough money so she can travel to Brazil and visit her family often.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

The Brazilian girl, Kirlyam, is too pretty to be a model.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is TLC's website where you can see behind the scenes videos of the four couples.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fian ... extras.htm
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

jamesbond wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
  • The Okie found his girl while working on contract in Colombia

The Mormon was on a mission in rural Brazil

The White guy with the tatted up ex-wife met his girl on a site like Interpals
I am not sure about the others just yet.
The guy who lives in Cleveland with the girl from Russia found his girl on a website where you can exchange emails with other people and practice learning their language.

He said he was going to take a trip to Russia but first wanted to learn the language so he joined a website where he could practice learning Russian with people who already speak Russian. This is how he meet his fiancé.

Here is my prediction of what will happen to the four couples.

The guy who is dating the woman from Russia will decide his fiancé does not really love and he will tell her to go back to Russia.

The girl from Columbia obviously has no intention of staying married to the guy from Oklahoma and my guess is that even though the guy is a mangina and a push over, he will agree to marry her. My guess is, after two years of marriage, she will divorce him and move to LA or NYC and start her partying life all over again. She will eventually remarry a wealthy man like a doctor and thank her first husband for giving her American citizenship!

The guy who is dating the girl from the Philippines will marry her, even though she will have a difficult time dealing with his two sons and his overbearing ex-wife.

Finally, the best couple out all four is the Mormon guy and his girl from Brazil. They will get married and stay married for life (even though she misses her family a great deal). Her modeling career will pay her enough money so she can travel to Brazil and visit her family often.
Sounds about right. Of all the guys, I feel the worst for Mr. Oklahoma. That's a disaster just waiting to happen. Talk about a complete mismatch.... She reminds me of some of the pics posted by guys on here of the stacked vixens. Like Playboy centerfolds, they are fun to look at all day long but god forbid if you have to spend more than 5 minutes with them let alone get married to one! Kinda like the old saying, "better watch what you wish for because you might just get it."

The Russian gal looks like she doesn't want anything to do with her fiancé.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

One of the main characteristics that guys should be looking for especially when seeking a wife is a sweet disposition. Why even bother if a young lady doesn't possess this trait? So the Colombian and Russian girls are epic failures in my book.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Hmm I agree pete, but I think it's more then that, I think if a girl truly thinks your worth her time she'll be sweet to you even if it's not her normal trait.

It's part of how my ex tricked me, sweetness isn't always a giveaway of interest either, however, it's sure nice when a girl acts feminine
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

The Colombiana is just bad news. But then again she reminds me of most Colombianas. So why are all these guys on here going to Colombia in the first place. Granted if you actually own a pair it is possible to successfully date a Colombiana, but why would anyone want the hassle of this particular woman. There are cuties in this world that you don't come with her problems.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

pete98146 wrote:One of the main characteristics that guys should be looking for especially when seeking a wife is a sweet disposition. Why even bother if a young lady doesn't possess this trait? So the Colombian and Russian girls are epic failures in my book.
Good call Pete. That doesn't just leave Asian women though. You don't have to go to Russia for white chicks and you don't need to travel to Colombia for Latinas.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Check out this clip from the Opie and Anthony show where they talk about the show "90 Day Fiance." They also show clips from the show.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is another clip from the Opie and Anthony show where they talk about the show "90 Day Fiance." They also show clips from the show.

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

I have only watched clips from a couple episodes and not the entire episode but having gone through this whole process pretty recently it annoys me how they spin it as a 90-day trial sort of thing. The purpose of the fiancé Visa is to get married it's not to bring her to the US for 90 days and check her out and then decide.

Both the man and woman are legally required to sign a document saying that they will marry within 90 days, so they are supposed to be pretty damn sure before she comes over, not figure it out afterwards.

Now the reality is that some people do just that - get her over for the 90 days and then decide. This is unfortunately one of the reasons that the fiancé visa process is long and arduous.

So I object because such people make those who legitimately are determined to get married wait longer and go through much more scrutiny. While the positive is that the show may encourage many men to look abroad, the negative is that guys will go away just thinking he can have a quick trial before marriage.

All this being said it looks like a fun show, a couple attractive girls but the Russian girl is a train wreck.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a nice video clip with the girl from Brazil, her fiancé and his parents playing charades. :D

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

travelsouth wrote:The Colombiana is just bad news. But then again she reminds me of most Colombianas. So why are all these guys on here going to Colombia in the first place. Granted if you actually own a pair it is possible to successfully date a Colombiana, but why would anyone want the hassle of this particular woman. There are cuties in this world that you don't come with her problems.
I could easily handle Paola because I have a pair. The problem is Russ doesn't seemingly have a pair, likely from his "religious" upbringing and generally conservative nature of the midwest.

1) I would have sold the truck to finance the wedding and moving out of my parents home; that takes a MAN to make such a decision.

If I decide I want a woman from Russia or Ukraine, once the K1 was approved, she would NOT be moving into my parents home. I am not in my 20's, this is the only reason this was excusable to most people. That is Plan C and there's more too it that I will talk about on my blog very soon.

2) Upon entering the Sh*t Kicker store, I would told Paola here's the budget, have at it. That's called setting boundaries. If you both aren't on the same page financially that will lead directly the train wreck most are predicting.

3) Russ does not have the kind of friends that would understand him marrying a woman from Colombia and not some local Okie like the rest of them.

There is no reason to involve them or your family either. His mother is generally disapproving. You either make her understand this is your future wife and that I would welcome your support or I would "86" them out of my life from that point of view. I will not bring Paola over to the family home, I would not even allow them to see the birth of our first child if they don't support my decision.

I don't think Paola is a gold-digger and that's what you're implying. She might be typical of good-looking Parisa in Colombia but they can be easily managed if you know what to do.

This is just further buying into the stereotype (Only in America) that good-looking women are for dating and having sex but not marriage because it would cause too many problems.