What Latin american countries love and hate certain races?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MyFirstLove462
Freshman Poster

What Latin american countries love and hate certain races?

Post by MyFirstLove462 »

I heard somewhere that Argentinian women are very racist towards black people. So if your black and you go down to Argentina I guess your pretty much out of luck if you want to flirt with someone, if your a guy or a girl. Again I heard this from someone online. I don't know how the other south american countries treat other races but from what I heard I hear they treat blacks very bad down in Argentina but I heard from someone else that argentinian women really love black men, so I don't know which one is true. Brazilians I know are fine with blacks, not sure with white americans. mexico, chile, Colombia, puerto rico, cuba, dominican republic, spain-well that's in europe, Venezuela, costa rica, not sure but if you would be happy to tell me what countries in latin/south america that treat other races differently or just the same please feel free to tell me. I know their's racism everywhere in every continent around the world, but I want your opinion on south america and how they treat their guests from other countries.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I think Brazil is one of the more tolerant, yet slightly racist countries in Latin America. After all, there is a large Japanese, Black and European community in that country, so one would think it's a more cosmopolitan place than the rest of Latin America.

I agree with you on Argentina, MyFirstLove462. I heard it's not a good place for Black or Asian men, at all...

What about the Dominican Republic? I was there a couple of years ago--and I thought there were many attractive ladies in the country. Lot's of Black-looking Dominicans there. ...

As for Asian men, some Asian posters have recommended Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico--as some great destinations for them. I think Brazil would be an interesting place for Asian men, as well.
MyFirstLove462
Freshman Poster

Post by MyFirstLove462 »

It Kind of sucks that argentinian women hate black men, they're so hot and beautiful ya know.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Go to "mulatto" or tri-racial countries. Avoid mestizo and/or white countries.

DR is "mulatto"; Brazil, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela- tri-racial. In tri-racial countries you can still find Spanish looking Argentinian-like women if you look harder.

Also, they treat a black American better than local blacks. Remember that once out of the US, your identity changes from largely " Black" to largely " American".

Do not forget all black English speaking countries such as Jamaica, Guyana, St. Lucia, Grenada, Trinidad, etc.

In Africa, try Ethiopia and Cape Verde islands.

I would start with the DR and Panama first.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

The country that I am most familiar with in Latin America is Peru, which is mostly a mestizo (mixed native american and white) country. There are black people in Peru too, but they are a small minority (like maybe 2% of the population or less). Peruvians can be quite racist, even towards themselves. Some of the more "cholo" (native) looking Peruvians feel inferior and are made fun of by the mestizos and whites. Some clubs in the upper class areas of Lima also sometimes won't let dark-skinned people enter.

I have also been to Ecuador and that country has a far larger black population (especially in cities like Guayaquil). I don't know how they are treated though.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Countries don't hate people of certain races. People hate people of certain races. This is a stupid question which begs for a simple and stupid anecdotal answer.

Buy a plane ticket. Go somewhere. You will find that some people like people of your color and some people don't. That will be the case at every destination.
MyFirstLove462
Freshman Poster

Post by MyFirstLove462 »

But overall argentinian people don't like black Americans?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MyFirstLove462 wrote:But overall argentinian people don't like black Americans?
Dude. You look like Tony! Toni! Toné! has done it again! #TheyMightLikeThatShit down there in Argentina.
You seem utter hellbent on it. Just go! The worse thing is relying on a cesspool of people's opinion
that may impede you from having the time of your life. Stop waiting on us to decide your fate.
You need to act like the alpha major and not the alpha minor #MissesAiBDueToThatAlready.

Cómo se le va el conocimiento del español??
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

There is nothing this forum can do to inform you (correctly) about your curiosities. You need to travel extensively to learn that it is not your skin color that is likely to repel women, but rather your behavior, your dress, and your lack of masculine confidence.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Buy a plane ticket. Go somewhere. You will find that some people like people of your color and some people don't. That will be the case at every destination.
While I largely agree with this statement, it would be economically and time-wise inefficient to go to countries where racial prejudice is too high and too frequent for comfort. Not to mention that it may cause shock. Why waste time and money on such places? Do we have money to burn? Months and years of lives to waste?

We want places with 99% of people not caring about our skin color vs. those in which 99% of people do care.

One may end up in the same situation as a small Asian man in the US trying to get a date and ending up lonely. No friends, no GF. Ticket and hotel costs in bad places which could have been put to optimum use had one gone to places with less racism vs. more of it.

So, one takes calculated risks where, from prior experiences, racial attitudes are of this kind:

very minimal, very infrequent and largely do not preclude one from living a normal life.

vs.

maximum, frequent and preclude one from dating majority of people and/or making friends, forcing one into isolation.

One cannot avoid unequal treatment anywhere, but one can minimize its occurrence by going to places where it's so insignificant that it will not affect your life in any major way.

Hence, such questions are important.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

IF I had listened to people on this and other forums, I would have never gone to Korea. I did, and had a great time there!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The_Adventurer wrote:IF I had listened to people on this and other forums, I would have never gone to Korea. I did, and had a great time there!
As many people have mentioned before on this forum (and many others), everybody's experience is different in any foreign country; sometimes the experience is good; sometimes it's great; and sometimes it's horrible.

I think the only way for people to truly find-out is to take a risk and go see a country for yourself; it might end up a disaster, but at least you tried and went there to see for yourself.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The_Adventurer wrote:IF I had listened to people on this and other forums, I would have never gone to Korea. I did, and had a great time there!
zboy1 from Queens NY wrote:As many people have mentioned before on this forum (and many others), everybody's experience is different in any foreign country; sometimes the experience is good; sometimes it's great; and sometimes it's horrible.

I think the only way for people to truly find-out is to take a risk and go see a country for yourself; it might end up a disaster, but at least you tried and went there to see for yourself.
This is what I'm trying to tell Raphael Saadiq (i.e. H.A. poster MyFirstLove462). I hope he gets and takes heed to the memo!!