Is it just me - Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
GooMacgle
Freshman Poster

Post by GooMacgle »

Thanks for all the comments. If I'm reading things correctly, here's the summary of the comments so far:

- Only finding 10% of the Filipinas attractive by their photos is not unusual
- Filipinas often look better in person than their photos
- It's not just about how they look, but how the Filipinas treat you and make you feel also
- Guys like that the attractive Filipinas are accessible to the average US guy which is not always true with other attractive Asian ladies
- Filipinas are easier to relate to for the average US guy as opposed to some of the other Asian women
- You are better off visiting the Philippines than trying the dating sites

Frankly, I don't know if I agree with all of that, but the comments are all reasonable

So I turned off the dating site membership - never thought I would say this about a dating site, but I was just getting too much interest from the Filipinas and it was getting pretty discouraging seeing all the women that I just did not find attractive. Interesting to note that despite turning off the dating site profile, I'm still receiving new interest from the Filipinas on that site every day. I"m guessing that it will take a couple of weeks for the communications to fully turn off. I'm hoping to get over to Asia again in March or April and will try to add Cebu to my visit to get a first hand view of the Filipinas.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

GooMacgle wrote:Thanks for all the comments. If I'm reading things correctly, here's the summary of the comments so far:

- It's not just about how they look, but how the Filipinas treat you and make you feel also
- Guys like that the attractive Filipinas are accessible to the average US guy which is not always true with other attractive Asian ladies
- Filipinas are easier to relate to for the average US guy as opposed to some of the other Asian women

Frankly, I don't know if I agree with all of that, but the comments are all reasonable

So I turned off the dating site membership - never thought I would say this about a dating site, but I was just getting too much interest from the Filipinas and it was getting pretty discouraging seeing all the women that I just did not find attractive. Interesting to note that despite turning off the dating site profile, I'm still receiving new interest from the Filipinas on that site every day. I"m guessing that it will take a couple of weeks for the communications to fully turn off. I'm hoping to get over to Asia again in March or April and will try to add Cebu to my visit to get a first hand view of the Filipinas.
Again, send me a PM. I'll share with you my strategy which worked well....
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

pete98146 wrote:
GooMacgle wrote:Thanks for all the comments. If I'm reading things correctly, here's the summary of the comments so far:

(Just Kidding).
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The average American woman thinks about sex 5 times a day. The average Filipina thinks about sex 5 times an hour, they don't complain much and they like cooking, that's why I married one. All things considered, I would take an average Filipina over Miss America any day because I know I'll get a return on my investment.

My wives Filipina friend came over to visit a few days ago and brought my wife an unexpected gift, fish net lingerie. Her same friend came over again today I just looked at her in her tight jeans and heels and I was trying really hard not to laugh. Once you've had a Filipina bouncing up and down on "Mr. Big" until your eyes pop out then you'll understand why guys go to the other side of the world to marry them.

The biggest problem with Filipinas and actually any woman is finding one that you can trust. There's no end to the lying and cheating that goes on in the Philippines so be careful which woman you choose. If she starts asking for money from you early in the relationship I would dump her.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Taco wrote:The biggest problem with Filipinas and actually any woman is finding one that you can trust. There's no end to the lying and cheating that goes on in the Philippines so be careful which woman you choose. If she starts asking for money from you early in the relationship I would dump her.
That's good advice. In fact, that's not advice at all. It should be common sense. Too bad many guys will not follow this advice. Most are happy to shell out money to get the female attention and sex they never had back home. Penis and lifetime of desperation will override most logic.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Dragon wrote:
pete98146 wrote:

(Just Kidding).
Hey man, don't give away all of my secrets! :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:The average American woman thinks about sex 5 times a day. The average Filipina thinks about sex 5 times an hour, they don't complain much and they like cooking, that's why I married one. All things considered, I would take an average Filipina over Miss America any day because I know I'll get a return on my investment.

My wives Filipina friend came over to visit a few days ago and brought my wife an unexpected gift, fish net lingerie. Her same friend came over again today I just looked at her in her tight jeans and heels and I was trying really hard not to laugh. Once you've had a Filipina bouncing up and down on "Mr. Big" until your eyes pop out then you'll understand why guys go to the other side of the world to marry them.

The biggest problem with Filipinas and actually any woman is finding one that you can trust. There's no end to the lying and cheating that goes on in the Philippines so be careful which woman you choose. If she starts asking for money from you early in the relationship I would dump her.

I dont agree with the statement about sex and filipinas. Filipinas are are no more horny than white women i think. Hell id say on average probably less so. Womens libido is the same everywhere in the world you can't override biology sorry. Generally only the desperate girls act like that. From my experience on the dating sites and in real life the girls who are not desperate are very prudish or reserved and probably slow to give out sex.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

Scammers

Post by targetguy »

:cry: If you can meet a good one great. After meeting a few in the pi and their game seems to be to constantly want uncle sucker to pay for everything. Sad to say but most want support, and finding one that is looking for a lifelong commitment isn't as easy as it was years ago. Sometimes these fiancé situations can go on for years and the wallet drained in the meantime. good luck
no scammers
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:The average American woman thinks about sex 5 times a day. The average Filipina thinks about sex 5 times an hour, they don't complain much and they like cooking, that's why I married one. All things considered, I would take an average Filipina over Miss America any day because I know I'll get a return on my investment.

I dont agree with the statement about sex and filipinas. Filipinas are are no more horny than white women i think. Hell id say on average probably less so. Womens libido is the same everywhere in the world you can't override biology sorry. Generally only the desperate girls act like that. From my experience on the dating sites and in real life the girls who are not desperate are very prudish or reserved and probably slow to give out sex.
Technically speaking, Filipinas have just as much hormones in them as western women do. However, what sets them apart from western women is they love men because they haven't been poisoned by western culture and this love for men is manifested in the bedroom. Filipinas are the only women I know of that get aroused by the sight of a naked man, assuming they like you already.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:

Technically speaking, Filipinas have just as much hormones in them as western women do. However, what sets them apart from western women is they love men because they haven't been poisoned by western culture and this love for men is manifested in the bedroom. Filipinas are the only women I know of that get aroused by the sight of a naked man, assuming they like you already.
+1

They like men, they like their man, and if you're that man you will get as much as you need. In my modest experience the word "no" is just not in their vocabulary.

I am on a couple Philippines ex-pat forums. The guys complain about everything - it's hysterical sometimes - the people, the government, the noise, the pollution, the food, etc. I never heard any guy complain that his wife wasn't horny enough.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

True, women are women. But submissive types that love to please are hardwired to give...and therefore sex is something they may crave a lot due to the fact it is so pleasing to their man. It seems most Filipinas are subs by nature and love to give. This is a clear pattern that cant be ignored. The same pattern of money issues is another thing to not ignore...
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Enticer wrote:True, women are women. But submissive types that love to please are hardwired to give...and therefore sex is something they may crave a lot due to the fact it is so pleasing to their man. It seems most Filipinas are subs by nature and love to give. This is a clear pattern that cant be ignored. The same pattern of money issues is another thing to not ignore...
Lots of people have different definitions of what submissive is in personal relationships or what a sub/dom is in sexual relationships. However, it is not a completely accurate stereotype that Filipinas are submissive either personally or in bed. Of course there are exceptions, but if you are in a relationship with a Filipina and think you are the dom, either in the personal or sexual aspects of the relationship - well, you may end up surprised.

In fact, one of the complaints about Filipinas and Philippines society in general is that it's somewhat a matriarchy. Women control the family, household and even the relationship. Now Filipinos do get to do a lot of what they want to do in the relationship (cheat, gamble, drink) but it's a bit simplistic to conclude that's because they are dominant and the women are submissive.

Now it is true that when in a relationship your Filipina wife/gf may defer to you and ask you to make the decisions - but see what happens when you make the wrong decision :)
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

sub/dom or not quite so far right or left - passive/assertive.....traits are hardwired and only changed in extreme circumstances. I can tell within 5 min her demeanor and def know her within 1-2 days. Most Filipinas are far more passive than American women....and giving. Looking at that pattern, we can then say the majority LOVE to please and are sexual in loving to please. Again, not all...but a high percentage...
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

I'm in the Philippines on holiday and would agree...

Physically around 5-10% are attractive.

Mentally less than 1% are attractive. I'm always struck by the mental aspect when I'm here. The average IQ is only 86, that's really low. Marked by dullness, lack of curiosity, inability to understand abstract concepts.

Anyhow it is what it is. Very friendly relaxed people.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

sushiman wrote:I'm in the Philippines on holiday and would agree...

Physically around 5-10% are attractive.

Mentally less than 1% are attractive. I'm always struck by the mental aspect when I'm here. The average IQ is only 86, that's really low. Marked by dullness, lack of curiosity, inability to understand abstract concepts.

Anyhow it is what it is. Very friendly relaxed people.
Philippines does have serious brain drain. However, its not really an intellectually based culture. Filipinos care far less about education compared to Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese. I don't see this as problem because the worst woman(American) I ever dated had a 4.0 GPA and a scholarship. I don't really have a lot in common with my Filipina wife yet we're still best friends.