Been awhile since I posted..

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Been awhile since I posted..

Post by chanta76 »

For those that remember me. I am currently married. I did marry a Korean girl from Korea. I am Korean American by the way.

Why did I marry ?
Well..part of it has to do with social family pressure. My parents are old fashion Korean and the pressure to get married was there but at the same time I wanted to try marriage.

Why a Korean girl?
Because I'm Korean..and for me growing up in the states dating was tough. It seemed easier for me to get a girl back in my native country plus I do have allot of good feelings for my wife.

Is it worth it? ...Marriage is tough. I regret not dating American women or trying to..(I know many of you have this bias view about AMerican women but lets be honest the members on this site have a skewed view on life. ) I don't believe all American women or all white women are f***ed up. I met my share of f***ed up Asian women here and ovrerseas. What it comes down to is finding someone your just compatible with. It's not easy. Look at me...I married a an Asian girl from Asia but it's far from rosy.

Anyway...part of the reason why I stop posting is that sometimes this site is too negative or has too skew of a view. But at the same time I kind of understand. I understand the double standard treatment and I understand how hard it can be in the west.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Welcome bck to the site. No offense, but there's an insurgence of Korean men whom are migrating and/or finding Vietnamese wives in VT (Viet Nam). That has to say for something (and as to why your marriage with an "altruistic" Korean girl "smells like roses" and isn't rosy.)
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Welcome back. As you say, it isn't always "greener" on the other side of the fence. Women are women....no doubt about it. I agree that is comes down to:

1) Attraction
2) Compatibility

Race matters very little if you have what counts. Race also matters very little if you DON'T have what counts...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Been awhile since I posted..

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:For those that remember me. I am currently married. I did marry a Korean girl from Korea. I am Korean American by the way.

Why did I marry ?
Well..part of it has to do with social family pressure. My parents are old fashion Korean and the pressure to get married was there but at the same time I wanted to try marriage.

Why a Korean girl?
Because I'm Korean..and for me growing up in the states dating was tough. It seemed easier for me to get a girl back in my native country plus I do have allot of good feelings for my wife.

Is it worth it? ...Marriage is tough. I regret not dating American women or trying to..(I know many of you have this bias view about American women but lets be honest the members on this site have a skewed view on life. ) I don't believe all American women or all white women are f***ed up. I met my share of f***ed up Asian women here and ovrerseas. What it comes down to is finding someone your just compatible with. It's not easy. Look at me...I married a an Asian girl from Asia but it's far from rosy.

Anyway...part of the reason why I stop posting is that sometimes this site is too negative or has too skew of a view. But at the same time I kind of understand. I understand the double standard treatment and I understand how hard it can be in the west.
Hey Chanta, sorry I couldn't respond to you before; I will try to do so, soon...

So, how's it going with your wife? Yeah, married life sounds tough--but being married is never an easy thing (especially for men). As for your wife, she still sounds better than most American women, that's for sure...

I guess I'm going to have to disagree with you, Chanta, and what you wrote in your post. Ever since I've been in China, I've gotten more dates than I could've ever imagined possible, compared to when I was in the States! And I've met some pretty incredible women here.

Sure, some Chinese girls are complete bitches--with an enormous entitlement complex that would make some American girls blush--but, overall, I would never go back to dating American females again--including Asian American girls!

And remember, Chinese girls aren't even the best Asian women in this part-of-the-world, imo. Northeast Asian, in general, are greedy and materialistic in comparison to Southeast Asian girls like Filipinas and Vietnamese women. I would choose those girls over Northeast Asian women, any day of the week.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Welcome back!

Is marriage worthwhile? I'd sure like to know this. Most of the Western dudes I know have sacrificed everything for their wives and kids.

A price worth paying?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer,

Actually it's mostly poor farmers in Korea that seek out wives overseas. In the country side of Korea life is kind of hard. Regular Korean women don't want that life so move to the city. So there is a lack of females. Most of the country farmers are not well off...but still want a wife so they get them from a poorer south east asian country.

Kind of reminds you of here..in the states . I mean no offense but if a guy here can't get a women they sometimes look overseas. I know that allot of guys here bash American women..but I can't help to think there is an element of misogyny on this site.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

zboy1,

You sound like me when I visited Korea 2004. I remember dating was hard for me ..part of the reason why I was able to relate to Winston..when I visited South Korea in 2004 it was like 10 times easier...so I understand..

At the same time...looking back in some ways I was a prisoner of myself...I mean I ask myself how often did I approach American women or try to..and realize I beat myself before I even tried. Don't get me wrong..I think western women and very soon Korean , Japanese and some Chinese women are being spoiled ..but looking back there was some that were decent but I was soooo negative sooo skewed with my view that I couldn't see the good from the bad.

In way I took the safest route ..I'm Korean and married a Korean girl from Korea. My wife is not bad...but I ask myself...was it that bad for me? I think in many ways I shot myself in the foot. I think allot of poster are doing that too..

I'mean don't get me wrong I traveled around the world..and sure in some countries getting a girl is easier than in other countries but I think allot of it has to do with perspective.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

xiongmao,

Marriage if you think about it is a social construct... I mean if you think about it..you don't need marriage..but why do we have a social construct of marriage. Because it defines a family. A family doesn't mean you have to have kids but a wife is a family. I hope I don't confuse you.

I 'm not going to go to far or deep about this topic. For me I wanted to try marriage...I wanted to know how it feels. Granted it has to be with the right partner. But it's a little bit of a gamble even if you think you found the right partner you still don't know what will happen in 10 years.

Is marriage worth it?? In some ways yes and some ways no. I mean you have to find out for yourself. Sorry if thaat's not the answer to your questuon. I learned allot about myself being married. You grow allot.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

chanta76 wrote:E Irizarry R&B Singer,

Actually it's mostly poor farmers in Korea that seek out wives overseas. In the country side of Korea life is kind of hard. Regular Korean women don't want that life so move to the city. So there is a lack of females. Most of the country farmers are not well off...but still want a wife so they get them from a poorer south east asian country.

Kind of reminds you of here..in the states . I mean no offense but if a guy here can't get a women they sometimes look overseas. I know that allot of guys here bash American women..but I can't help to think there is an element of misogyny on this site.
There IS a pervasive amt. of misogyny on this site which clouds those of us whom are really trying to expatriate in order to combat misandry, which in fact is a subculture of neo-feminism itself; you're right. However, I can get a woman here (in the U.S. of Gay) sin ningunos problemas, man; the problem is that I cannot get 2uality types. Please do not be confused about that.