Can Anyone Recommend A Foreign Affair Dating Agency?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
rudder
Junior Poster

Can Anyone Recommend A Foreign Affair Dating Agency?

Post by rudder »

I've been in Peru now for over two weeks. I've met some women, but I feel my expectations were not met. With all the hype on the internet about how easy Peruvian women are, I am a bit disappointed. My experience has been different. I get stared at a lot, but the women are usually shy, and they don't hold eye contact, but instead look away or just pretend not to notice me. The reception most women give me here is one of apathy and indifference. In Mexico, on the other hand women would often stare me down. There is definitely a conservative vibe here in Peru.

I´ve been travelling around the country a lot looking for a place to settle down for a while.

I've gotten a lot of compliments from women (mostly older women) about my appearance. One woman even calls me "beautiful eyes."

I basically only have two prospects so far. Which, I suppose, is automatically much more than in the USA. But still....One woman is 37. She attracts me a lot (I have a thing for women that age), is in decent shape, and has a happy, fun personality. Nonetheless, I don't feel like I should get involved with a woman that age (I'm 25), because if I get serious with her then in a few years I'll be taking care of an "old woman." As I mentioned in one of my other recent threads in the Latin America section, my disposition is to get pretty attached/devoted to one woman, and I really have trouble forcing myself to have casual sex.

Last night for example, I went to check out a local brothel in the small city where I am. I paid the entrance fee, walked around and talked to a couple of the hookers and left pretty quickly. The women's eyes just seemed so empty, and there was no sense of life at all in them. They hit on me with forced lines, but there body language was completely apathetic. It was like looking into an abyss. This is an extreme example, obviously, but I rarely have the desire to "hook up" with regular women here, because they lack that energy and enthusiasm that is necessary to maintain my interest.

Furthermore, meeting women here in day to day life is not the best idea. There are so many single moms, women with jealous, overbearing exboyfriends/husbands, women that want to swindle you, women with diseases, women that have annoying families (such as brothers that control them). Just yesterday, I was finalizing a police report, because a jealous exboyfriend threatened to kill me via SMS if I don't completely excommunicate myself from a single mother friend I met in Lima shortly after my arrival (see my other thread). I've never met such a fun woman before, and now it's like she's being ripped away from me. Yesterday morning, she called me in a sad voice and told me to stop calling her, because now her ex is also threatening her. She always complains to me about how her ex ruins her life.

Recently I was talking with an expat here, who suggested that if I really want to meet a good woman in Peru, then I should go through an agency. He recommended A Foreign Affair in Lima, saying that the agency does a really good job filtering out the baggage that many women carry (see my last paragraph). I've never considered using the services of a dating/marriage agency before.

Anyway the expat said that the agency charges $750 for a "week." Which basically means you have one week to go on as many dates as you want with local women that you can read about beforehand. I must admit, I'm seriously considering this option. I've gotten to the point where I can meet women in the street and seduce them, which was always a goal of mine. I guess it was a sort of ego thing, where I just wanted to prove to myself that I have the balls to meet random women and escalate things with them. But, I'm concluding that that sort of behavior just isn't compatible with my personality, nor is it really beneficial in the long run. I complained to the expat about the price of the agency, and he said that payment would probably save me money in the long run, because I won't spend money going out to meet women, and dating women for a long time that aren't marriage material (like the 37 year old earlier in my post).

I'm mainly interested in the agency, because I hope it will save me headaches and heartaches. My goal is to meet one woman to be my companion for life.

It looks like A Foreign Affair only operates out of Lima. I'm not too keen on living in Lima, but I guess I could make it work if I got a gym membership, and managed to find a cheap place to rent. Does anyone know of any other reputable dating agencies in Arequipa (Peru's second largest city). I'd rather live there long term.

Please tell me the pros and cons in your experience of this dating agency or also of any other dating agency you have experience with.
Are they going to try and nickle and dime me, and upsell me "extended services."?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Foreign Affair Dating Agency?

Post by chibolo »

rudder wrote:I've been in Peru now for over two weeks. I've met some women, but I feel my expectations were not met. With all the hype on the internet about how easy Peruvian women are, I am a bit disappointed. My experience has been different. I get stared at a lot, but the women are usually shy, and they don't hold eye contact, but instead look away or just pretend not to notice me. The reception most women give me here is one of apathy and indifference. In Mexico, on the other hand women would often stare me down. There is definitely a conservative vibe here in Peru.

I´ve been travelling around the country a lot looking for a place to settle down for a while.

I've gotten a lot of compliments from women (mostly older women) about my appearance. One woman even calls me "beautiful eyes."

I basically only have two prospects so far. Which, I suppose, is automatically much more than in the USA. But still....One woman is 37. She attracts me a lot (I have a thing for women that age), is in decent shape, and has a happy, fun personality. Nonetheless, I don't feel like I should get involved with a woman that age (I'm 25), because if I get serious with her then in a few years I'll be taking care of an "old woman." As I mentioned in one of my other recent threads in the Latin America section, my disposition is to get pretty attached/devoted to one woman, and I really have trouble forcing myself to have casual sex.

Last night for example, I went to check out a local brothel in the small city where I am. I paid the entrance fee, walked around and talked to a couple of the hookers and left pretty quickly. The women's eyes just seemed so empty, and there was no sense of life at all in them. They hit on me with forced lines, but there body language was completely apathetic. It was like looking into an abyss. This is an extreme example, obviously, but I rarely have the desire to "hook up" with regular women here, because they lack that energy and enthusiasm that is necessary to maintain my interest.

Furthermore, meeting women here in day to day life is not the best idea. There are so many single moms, women with jealous, overbearing exboyfriends/husbands, women that want to swindle you, women with diseases, women that have annoying families (such as brothers that control them). Just yesterday, I was finalizing a police report, because a jealous exboyfriend threatened to kill me via SMS if I don't completely excommunicate myself from a single mother friend I met in Lima shortly after my arrival (see my other thread). I've never met such a fun woman before, and now it's like she's being ripped away from me. Yesterday morning, she called me in a sad voice and told me to stop calling her, because now her ex is also threatening her. She always complains to me about how her ex ruins her life.

Recently I was talking with an expat here, who suggested that if I really want to meet a good woman in Peru, then I should go through an agency. He recommended A Foreign Affair in Lima, saying that the agency does a really good job filtering out the baggage that many women carry (see my last paragraph). I've never considered using the services of a dating/marriage agency before.

Anyway the expat said that the agency charges $750 for a "week." Which basically means you have one week to go on as many dates as you want with local women that you can read about beforehand. I must admit, I'm seriously considering this option. I've gotten to the point where I can meet women in the street and seduce them, which was always a goal of mine. I guess it was a sort of ego thing, where I just wanted to prove to myself that I have the balls to meet random women and escalate things with them. But, I'm concluding that that sort of behavior just isn't compatible with my personality, nor is it really beneficial in the long run. I complained to the expat about the price of the agency, and he said that payment would probably save me money in the long run, because I won't spend money going out to meet women, and dating women for a long time that aren't marriage material (like the 37 year old earlier in my post).

I'm mainly interested in the agency, because I hope it will save me headaches and heartaches. My goal is to meet one woman to be my companion for life.

It looks like A Foreign Affair only operates out of Lima. I'm not too keen on living in Lima, but I guess I could make it work if I got a gym membership, and managed to find a cheap place to rent. Does anyone know of any other reputable dating agencies in Arequipa (Peru's second largest city). I'd rather live there long term.

Please tell me the pros and cons in your experience of this dating agency or also of any other dating agency you have experience with.
Are they going to try and nickle and dime me, and upsell me "extended services."?
I don't know about that agency. Have you tried online? Latin American Cupid has lots of Peruvian girls. It is how I met my Peruvian ex girlfriend. Not all Peruvian women are bad, there are some very sweet and nice ones.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Dating takes a lot of time, so the best thing is to find a place you could live in for a while and set up shop there. Then network like crazy.

Not sure about AFA, they're more catering for American guys on week long find a wife vacation. If you're an expat then you can do your own thing.

One thing you should definitely try is finding local dating sites and agencies that DON'T cater for foreigners. I did this in China. Result? I went to a singles party with 100+ women (and NO foreigners!).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.