Advice about going to Philippines

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Advice about going to Philippines

Post by tjh14 »

I admit it. I'm getting old, but I still don't know shit about women. I seem to think with the wrong head when selecting a mate. I'd like not to marry another psycho gold digger, like my Russian ex-wife. I get lots of interest from very attractive PI women on the internet. Think I will go there in January. Which Island is best? Does it matter? How do I know if a PI woman is interested in me or just a green card? Maybe I can learn something and not screw up again. Thanks.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

So, you're meeting attractive Filipinas on the internet, eh? My first piece of advice is to be careful if their photos are too pretty. I've been suckered by a couple of Filipinas who posted photos of models and actresses instead of their own photos.

Cebu is the best island, IMO.

If they ask for money, give them the boot.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Make sure they have completed a four year degree or are in the process of completing one. The education level of the locals in PI generally sucks but if you get into a relationship with one with a high school or incomplete primary education, you're life will generally be miserable no matter how hot or nice you may think she is. Cause she will not be able to understand much about the real world, especially the West and will most likely bolt to a better opportunity if you ever bring her back to the states. Plus most Filipinos are immature and at least going through university will make them a bit more responsible for their own life. Uneducated locals are extremely difficult to get along with on a long term basis unless your sole interest is sex, there will be no real conversation between the two of you. Trust me.

Also ask how many siblings they have and whether her parents are still alive or together/split up. This will tell you how much bullshit you will have to deal with if you decide to get into a relationship. If she has more than three siblings you might want to reconsider long term attachment unless she is the youngest cause families over in PI are a pain in the ass. If you marry a girl here you marry the family generally and every f***ed up thing about it. Some girls have 7 or more brothers and sisters, i kid you not, and you will be forever poor and arguing with your mate about money all the time. The ideal girl would be the youngest in the family with most of the brothers/sisters already married and the parents dead. She would be competing college or finished with a nursing degree or some other useful field. If she has a computer degree she is completely useless cause that degree is like a degree mill here. A girl in the medical profession is probably best to go after cause she can make decent money in the states or other western country.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.