Best country in Eastern Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

djfourmoney wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Do you mean any former FSU country or ones that a members of the EU?
Any country in eastern Europe. I am wondering which ones have the strongest economy and have the best standards of living.
Any one that's not being talked about in terms of debt -

Czech Republic, Poland, Hungry, Latvia, Lithuania would be high value targets. I wouldn't call Slovakia or Slovenia a strong economy, just ones that haven't imploded.

Latvia a sound economy? I guess the western bankers and their media stooges are trying to depict it that way because they have convinced the country to take on an austerity regime of debt repayment that has choked the life out of the country. See economist Michael Hudson on the subject.

OTOH, Latvia's structural unemployment now of 20 percent or more has completely demoralized the male population, leading them to drink, suicide and expatriation. And leaving many of the women for visiting opportunists.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

djfourmoney wrote: Any one that's not being talked about in terms of debt -

Czech Republic, Poland, Hungry, Latvia, Lithuania would be high value targets. I wouldn't call Slovakia or Slovenia a strong economy, just ones that haven't imploded.
What are you basing your opinions on?

I also find it strange that you think Latvia's economy is much stronger than Slovakia's or Slovenia's.

Slovakia is doing far better than Romania.
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

List of countries of Eastern Europe by GDP (nominal) per capita (World Bank, 2009)

Slovenia 22,523
Czech Republic 18,139
Poland 16,043
Estonia 14,238
Croatia 14,222
Slovakia 13,887
Hungary 13,741
Latvia 11,931
Lithuania 11,353
Russia 9,115
Romania 7,703
Bulgaria 6,423
Montenegro 5,928
Serbia 5,630
Belarus 5,075
Bosnia & Herz. 4,525
Albania 3,808
Macedonia 3,726
Ukraine 3,029
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jackal wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: Any one that's not being talked about in terms of debt -

What are you basing your opinions on?

I also find it strange that you think Latvia's economy is much stronger than Slovakia's or Slovenia's.

Slovakia is doing far better than Romania.
I didn't really say it was stronger I just said it hasn't imploded, I know it has high unemployment but rarely comes up in discussions about Eastern European Women however. This is likely because Western Men like captive women, in Russia they know there traveling options are very limited by Western standards.

I have also hear Micheal Hudson on Latvia's Economy, one of the best analyst of economies I have ever heard, especially about the US economy.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

djfourmoney wrote: I have also hear Micheal Hudson on Latvia's Economy, one of the best analyst of economies I have ever heard, especially about the US economy.
Yeah, for a big-picture view of what's happening in the economy -- essentially a massive incursion against the working economy and government by the financial sector -- Hudson's the best guy out there, IMO. You always learn something from him you don't hear elsewhere.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

To me the best country in Eastern Europe is Lithuania. People are genuine and it's a very beautiful country. Vilnius is a very modern city but also the old town is amazingly beautiful.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I felt very good vibes in Lithuania as well. It's a very pleasant country and culture. But it is very quiet and might get boring if you live there long term.

Btw guys. You shouldn't use what the media says about a country's economy as a barometer. The media likes being pessimistic and so do people. In truth though, even during a recession, you can get a job because as long as there are people, there are demands and needs to fill.

For example, even though the media talks about high unemployment (even in the USA) the help wanted ads in the newspaper are always filled with job vacancies. How do you figure that? I think the media is mostly illusion and people like to complain and portray things as worse than they really are.

I remember in 1992 during the Presidential campaign, George Bush kept saying that he will create jobs, as if there were no jobs. Yet in the newspaper and job bulletin boards, there were tons of job ads in the help wanted section of all types. So WTF was all this talk about there being no jobs in America? I've never understood that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston, people are upset because there are no GOOD JOBS. In my eyes most Americans see making between 70-100K a year as a good job, they view a 35K a year job as poor, which your reality not poor at 35K in America more like 15K-18K puts you in poverty.

Americans are very spoiled.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Actually Winston Vilnius has a great nightlife scene. I was there in winter and people still went out to the clubs, bars and restaurants.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

eurobrat wrote:Yea but the problem with Lithuania is they are on the Euro.

Even though they are in the EU they are not influenced by western culture. They still hold on to their values and traditions very strongly.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 19th, 2013, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Not really. Lithuania is still using Litas. They haven't adopted the Euro yet and they are holding out on it cause of the crisis.
Vegascook
Freshman Poster

Post by Vegascook »

Would Russia or Ukraine be decent places to relocate to if you had a pension built up, several thousand in your bank accounts, and had the interest to open your own ESL (English as a Second Language) school?

What amount of capital would be realistic to open an ESL school in these countries. Or would it be more viable to develop an online site/business to generate passive income. I'm also considering writing children's books after I earn my degree in special education, could royalties from publishers combined with other income sources offer a good standard of living in these nations?

My goal is to be the HELL out of the US in 7-10 years. The only reason I plan on staying that long is that I could eliminate my student loans, sell my home for a nice profit, and have a second pension vested through PERS (Public Employee Retirement System.) At the moment I have my culinary pension (8 years, 10 by the time I graduate), my IRA, and my coin collection.

Any thoughts on how I do something extra to cover all my bases?

I might consider Belize if I can talk a Russian or Ukrainian girl into relocating there. Land is cheap there and a plantation with 20+ acres and a house is pretty cheap and affordable for a US citizen.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

***JP*** wrote:Not really. Lithuania is still using Litas. They haven't adopted the Euro yet and they are holding out on it cause of the crisis.
JP aren't you a bit bias? lol

Lithuania would be fun to visit. I was in contact with a Lithuanian that lived in London and worked the 3rd shift, so I always found her online late. I just haven't used all the various IM's lately so I don't know if she's still available.