Russophone Dating Sites- Excellent but with Ageism Problem.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Russophone Dating Sites- Excellent but with Ageism Problem.

Post by ladislav »

What is Russophone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russophone

Outside of Russia, there are 140,000,000 people who speak Russian as a language of preference. If you could speak and read Russian, your worry about scams would be a thing of the past. Here are some sites:

http://love.wmj.ru

http://www.24open.ru/

http://www.mamba.ru/

Many scams originating in the Russophone world through dating were mainly aimed at Western , non Russian speaking men. These are the ones who got taken to the cleaners. If you knew Russian, things would be different.
For some reason, I find many people in Anglo countries particularly stubborn to learning the language of the country they look for love in. Some kind of a strange hang-up, partly generated by the Hollywood created illusion that the world speaks English and if some don't , the should and soon would. English speaking people in the Russophone world are still very few and those who are are not ordinary ones- they are either very sly or very well educated. But anyway, if you could speak and read Russian, your chances of finding a good girl would be increased by a factor of tens of millions.
Yes, siree.

Good thing that I know other languages besides English so I swim outside of the Anglosphere and my world looks totally different than the world of a person who is monolingual.

I just subscribed to some of those sites and started browsing and then chatting and the results are not bad. There are hundreds of thousands of girls there.

If you are serious about finding girls and living in the Russosphere, learn the language.
Last edited by ladislav on September 24th, 2009, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

However, after one day of placing ads, I must note this:

I am spoiled by the Philippines- I am used to being 40+ and being able to date 18-24 year old girls.
Now, this is what is happening in the Russophone sites: I put my age in my database and I am flooded with
responses of women who are 37-53.
Just about every 18-24 year old wants a guy about the same age. The reason is: they are dating other Russophone guys and they know that no guy at age 49 would be unmarried and with no kids there- impossible.
Most age- flexible women would date older 'foreigners', not locals. It is the same in the Philippines to an extent. While many a Filipina would date a foreigner who is 10-40 years older than she is with no problems, if I tried to get into a Filipino chat room and declare my age there in Tagalog ( they do not know I am a foreigner and do not believe me if I tell them I am) I get rejected. Go back to your wife and kids!
This is one advantage of sites for foreigners- girls are more accepting of the age difference than they would be with local guys.
37-53 year old women are fun to talk to but dating them? Not my cup of tea.
And another problem: height!
I am 5'7" like Winston. In the search forms on these sites they do not use the height button for some reason and lots of these Slavic and even non Slavic girls- such as Moldovans ( Latins) and Asians ( Kazakhs) are tall. 5'9'; 5, 10" some are even 7' tall! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Yup, it is another market.
I will keep you posted.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Continued: I am being flooded with messages from 30+- 50+ year old women.

Hi , mom!

This is a totally new experience to me. One positive thing about them: they are mentally stable and can talk on various topics. But how can I ever feel attracted to them? Me, who is spoiled by 18-25 year old Filipinas who I had been dating for some 20 years now? Those could not talk on too many topics but boy did they look cute. Here, ageism is hitting me hard in the face.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Update: just got into http://www.mamba.ru and did a search on 18-23 year old girls in Ukraine looking for love. The search yielded 205,000 registered. And that is in Ukraine only. In Russia the search gave me 130,000. Why more in Ukraine? Strange.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Update again:
Fascinating sites. Guys please study Russian. It opens up a world of opportunities. I did not use my Russian for decades. And I ignored a huge market most probably because I was into young Asian ladies for all these decades. No regrets but I did miss out on a lot of intellectual contact with females and Russophone ladies do provide it.

Just signed up for yet another site: http://www.mylove.ru and again, I am becoming aware of how economics and demographics influence the dating market. I wish love were as pure as what my mom told me it should be, but alas it is not.

There are more young Ukrainian girls than Russian girls on these sites for the simple reason that there are more richer young guys in Russia than in Ukraine ( my opinion) . The Russian economy is doing better. At the same time, the women who actively pursue men on these sites and who send me message after message are in their 40ies and 50ies for yet another reason. Most are divorced. Their ex- hubbies are probably now chasing much younger girls which with money you can do in Russia. So, these pre-menopause women are out of circulation and getting desperate and they are trying to hook up a guy on the web. The older, the uglier, the fatter they are, the more active they tend to get and the sweeter their messages to me become. With Russian women it is not the economics but more the demographics that matter.
Another thing- you can see how often women visit the site by the last log in. The 35+, 45+ females are there every day prospecting for men. The 18- 24 year olds visit sometimes as seldom as once a year. They can wait if they want. No hurry for them. The desperados for whom the clock is ticking are getting impatient.
At the same time, few if any Ukrainian older women contact me. The reason? Possibly because the family in Ukraine is stronger when people do get married. The West of the country is Catholic and even in the Orthodox East the women rule families in a matriarchal fashion making their husbands work. A middle aged Ukrainian guy who gallivants with young damsels is not a very common occurence. A middle aged Ukrainian woman who has been abandoned by her husband is another rarity. Families are strong once they are established. Less alcoholism, less male ass-holism, more female control.

Btw, Winston told me once that he could not tell the difference between Ukrainians and Russians when he crossed the border. Winston I would recommend you crack a book or two on these two countries before you say something like this. To make you see how incorrect you were I will give you these examples:

One Japanese once told me that he could not tell a Russian from a White American. Totally the same. And when I was in Kenya in 2004, a Kenyan told me that the people there could not tell a Japanese from a Brit. They were both light skinned and looked exactly the same to an average Black African.

And Filipino kids run after Iranian students screaming "Amerikano, Amerikano!" They can't tell the difference! Neither could you.

See what I mean?

Those countries are so different, they could never ever be together in any form of union. The culture is just so different - almost the opposite of each other.

Anyway...

In the Philippines girls start getting desperate when they have no money for college and/or when the family starts making demands on them for support. Many do not even finish high school because in most cases you need to pay for it. This is when they get the idea that if they find an American, he would be able to help them out with everything and assume a big part of the financial burden. If they are in cities, with no tuition money working at some department store for $100 a month having to support their brother's schooling- this is when they start dreaming of the American Knight on a white stallion arriving at the department store and taking them away from it all. To the States, the land of jobs that pay $10000000000000000000000000 a month. The looks, the age, the size, the height do not matter. As long as the guy is "understanding", a euphymism for- paying regular good money to her for all her and her family's needs.

This is when the fat, old, bald Americans ( and other people that look like Americans) swoop down on these sweet virgin 18-22 year olds and snatch them up. And these willingly go into the arms of these foreign saviors.

Different societal dynamics. Different countries.

What a contrast.

It is so wonderful to be in love and to feel love. Too bad that all the above dynamics and mechanics have to be involved in the process. Too bad we just can't love like they did in the movie "The Blue Lagoon."

Oh, what a selfish world do we all live in!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

After two weeks of browsing Russophone dating sites, I am still being contacted by 37-53 year old women. With KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hungry kids!!!!!!!!! And their kids are 18-24 year old!
One problem is in the search engine- they have these age slots and the ladies choose categories which are very small. 18-21, 21-23, 23-26. Young, 18-24 year olds rarely choose a guy over 25.
So, I decided to start contacting younger ladies myself first. One in 10 deigns to reply, period. And that is with just some monosyllabic answer! If they even allow you to chat with them, if you ask for a phone number or hint that you would be going to her country to hang around, they more often than not, blow you off and just do not reply again. It matters little that I am a world traveler and that I do have money to take care of them if they need it, and that I have plenty of pictures of me with fancy cars and in fancy places and that I look Ok. It means jack sh!t.

My height is another obstacle. I am 5'7" which for those countries is short. I have to compete with tall guys there. Big strapping boys. Filipinas, otoh, like the fact that I am not so tall- they feel comfortable with me. One girl in Russia just blew me off the site because I am too short.

Not so different from US dating sites, if you ask me except that the girls are one zillion times prettier and are not as nasty. But otherwise, it is another barren desert for me.

Yes, siree!

Oh, the Philippines! My dear Philippines! Why did I ever take you for granted?! I am so used to being in the company of younger women who are dying to see me tomorrow and I am so used to them screaming into the phone- I miss you! When are you coming back? I love you! That coming from a 20 year old. My oh my! Oh, my beloved country! Why did I abandon you?!

All people in the world are the same?

Year right! Get a life all those who say that.

'Island boy, what you wanting with the white girls' world?'
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

Do you think a Russian woman would move to China? Even though my wife treated me like crap, I am thinking of looking for another one. They are just so good looking. Am I nuts? Somebody help me! Anyway, I speak a little Russian and it does help, even if only for going to the Produkti. I like the ones in their 30's. More appreciative!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yes, she would. Just get one that is older and poorer. 30ies is fine. And yes they treat you like crap but they are still feminine and good looking. They need to be reigned in, though. Get a lady from Siberia. Not far from where you are.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The Russophone sites are continuing to discourage me. One girl started screaming at me- you are older than my father! How can I even look at your photo!? Oh, Asia, why did I ever try to exchange you for those white people!
And there are so many harsh faces on the sites. Of the what-the f---- do-you want variety. Such a far cry from sweet Filipina smiles and eyes.
One girl from Ukraine found out that I was not in Ukraine and that emigrated and she dropped me like a sack of sh-t!
The E Euro girls that advertise on Elena's Models are specifically those who want to go to the West. Most people on the Russophone sites have no such interest and do not wish to meet foreigners and that is what I am. An ol' foreigner at that.
The one lady that stuck with me was in her late 30ies with a kid and who had previously worked in a dubious profession.
Another thing- these ladies/girls look so much older at their age than Filipinas or Thais. At 18, they look like a Filipina at 26. And they are tall, tall, tall.
The small response that I get from the under 25 group is grudgy and most never respond again. I'd figure some 2-4 percent would consider to even correspond with me for friendly reasons only. Forget about love.
Another thing- there are all these girls there who had been living with guys! Having all kinds of sex! And in the Philippines you can meet all these fresh virgin girls who had never even held a guy's hand!

The 50 year old ones that look at my profile look like grandmas and these are very nice and friendly!
Spare me!
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

tests

Post by Montanaland »

Thanks for testing and sharing your results.. we appreciate the good info!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote: Btw, Winston told me once that he could not tell the difference between Ukrainians and Russians when he crossed the border. Winston I would recommend you crack a book or two on these two countries before you say something like this. To make you see how incorrect you were I will give you these examples:
Well I can tell their accents apart now. The Russian accent is far more heavy. Also, Ukrainian faces seem a bit more Anglo than Russian faces, which have more slanty eyes and flatter noses. Correct?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Vinstonas wrote:
ladislav wrote: Btw, Winston told me once that he could not tell the difference between Ukrainians and Russians when he crossed the border. Winston I would recommend you crack a book or two on these two countries before you say something like this. To make you see how incorrect you were I will give you these examples:
Well I can tell their accents apart now. The Russian accent is far more heavy. Also, Ukrainian faces seem a bit more Anglo than Russian faces, which have more slanty eyes and flatter noses. Correct?
Yeah, plus they speak two different languages ( at least when the Ukrainians actually speak Ukrainian). Also, you mean their accents when they speak English? What if they don't? Because most people there do not speak English. Unlike in Hollywood movies. And people do not have accents when they are in their country, in their city, speaking their own language.
Russians ( like Finns) have more Mongolian blood in them, the Ukrainians have more Turkish blood. Both countries have Anglo-looking people.

I generally can spot the two immediately. Also, just the mannerism is a dead give away. But it takes time to tune one's perceptions to the point when one can tell those apart.

Then the national characters are incompatible just like the English and the Irish. The Ukrainians are mistrustful, individualistic, quiet and practical. The Russians are communal and romantic.

I can now easily tell different Arabs apart and Indians from Pakistanis 90% of the time. And telling East Asians apart is easy.

But there was a time in my life when Chinese, Japanese and Filipinos looked exactly the same to me.

After I had lived in Thailand for a long time, I could tell by facial features what part of Thailand people were from. It was just so obvious. To me, that is. And to the Thais. Not to other people.
Last edited by ladislav on October 8th, 2009, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

Got a nice letter from a Russian woman yesterday. Said she found my name on some website. Did a Google search and came up with her on a scammer's list: http://agencyscams.com/Girls/SvetlanaLebedeva2.html

What a surprise. Actually, I got a letter a few years ago from another woman who I wrote to for a month until she sprung her scam request for money. I didn't take the bait and she told me I had broken her heart :cry: Yeah, right. I found her on the scammer's list also.
Here she is: http://agencyscams.com/Girls/KseniyaTokareva.html

I think I must look like a sap in my photos or something. Go figure. Thanks to those blacklist sites, I didn't waste any time writing this last crook.
Maybe it isn't even a woman. Maybe some big hairy guy named Boris or Vlad.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

So Ladislav, what cities in Ukraine would you say have more women than men? What about Kharkov? I'm leaving for there in two days. Again.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You know, man, frankly I do not know. You may know about the dating in those parts far more than me.
Actually, I think a good place now would be Moldova, at least that is what I think. It is now very very poor and the people are a mixture of Slavs and Romanians Gypsies and Turks. When countries are poor, women tend to be nice. When in Ukraine, you may want to make a short trip there. You would be scouting the terraine for all of us here.
As far as the demographics go, again, this is a subject of a research and best answers right now can be obtained if you google " Russian Women Message Board"( American owners of these boards think Ukrainians are Russians, just like the French call all Brits- English) or email some owners of some websites that deal with women like that. My family had to leave the country and go to Russia when I was 4 years old.
I lived in Odessa when I was 14-17 and the ratio was no good. The only girls that were interested in me were those fresh from the deep country, miserably poor and looking for a boy in the city to latch on to. At that time I did not appreciate such attention. In Russia, as a teenager, though, I had girls always giving me the googie eyes but not as much in Ukraine. Especially not the nasty city b--ches there.
This summer I was in Odessa and I felt lonely. Most young girls I spoke to already had a BF. The guys were treating girls with silk gloves and the girls were stuck up period.

Anyway, to get back to my exploration of the Russophone dating sites, more sh-t is coming out.

If you know the word "bespredel" already, then this is how I can describe what is going on. You can look up the word in the same section where I wrote a post about the meaning of the word.

Well, the" bespredel" reigns supreme. Ukraine outlawed porn this summer but laws and rules in that lawless country of my birth are only treated as suggestions. In that respect it is so much like the Philippines. Girls advertise themselves naked with pubic hair in your face! They flash boobs and buttocks.
And girls who are not hookers openly ask for sex partners for fun times. One girl, who was only nineteen posted how much she enjoyed licking and sucking male sex organs. And she was not a hooker.
I finally found one girl that looked 'pure' and 1) she said that inspite of my age she became interested in me, and 2) she already had a kid.
But the girls are really good looking, no doubt about it. And the conclusion is:
Girls are aplenty. Lots of 9s and 10s. Far more perverse and uninhibited than American girls. Extremely ageist. GF/Wife material? Absolutely NOT!
And I cannot even comment on what ages are allowed to advertise on those sites. In the US it would create a national uproar. But that is not the US and it is not in English.
Again, do keep in mind that such sites would attract different girls from those who simply live their lives and do not advertise themselves because it is shame to them. And also, those who advertise themselves on foreign-geared sites are yet another different variety who actively seek out foreigners to emigrate.
While the 'inquest' is going on, I keep getting text messages from all of my Filipina female friends who are sweet and virginal as they come. Good thing I know that there is yet another country where girls are good.
Blessed are those who are aware of alternatives.