"Noah": the movie

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

"Noah": the movie

Post by Mr_Truth »

The movie "Noah" is coming out soon.

Most of you already know the story, which is from the Old Testament in Genesis.

I believe this movie is a sign from God. Sometimes, He will give us clues to warn us.

There is great wickedness and depravity in America today. The story of God's destruction of earth and its inhabitants -- save for one man and his family -- could not be more timely.
Last edited by Mr_Truth on February 16th, 2014, 2:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I agree. Sometimes it is funny that even in Christian America that non-Christians know that there is something going on, while Christians just sit by.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

zacb wrote:I agree. Sometimes it is funny that even in Christian America that non-Christians know that there is something going on, while Christians just sit by.
You speak with obvious bad will. In your arrogance and pride, you spite Christians -- as if this will somehow spare non-Christians from their due punishment.

No, non-Christians will save themselves only by turning to God and the true faith -- Catholicism.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Mr_Truth wrote:
zacb wrote:I agree. Sometimes it is funny that even in Christian America that non-Christians know that there is something going on, while Christians just sit by.
You speak with obvious bad will. In your arrogance and pride, you spite Christians -- as if this will somehow spare non-Christians from their due punishment.

No, non-Christians will save themselves only by turning to God and the true faith -- Catholicism.
Uhm, no. I was raised as a Christian, and I am kinda mixed. I could go on about my thoughts, but that is not relevant. What I am saying is most "Christians" are blue pill wimps that don't confront the culture. That is what I mean. You may be moral and all, and have connection with God, but if you keep giving women a free pass, and not confronting the bad boys in your church, I think your institution is failing at what it was meant to do. I don't care what religion, it is meant to be the salt, and if atheist (not all, but people like Stefan Molyneux and the like) are stating the truth, while the church stands by, I think you may need to do some soul searching. Not questioning Christianity, but the institutions around it.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

zacb wrote:
Mr_Truth wrote:

Uhm, no. I was raised as a Christian, and I am kinda mixed. I could go on about my thoughts, but that is not relevant. What I am saying is most "Christians" are blue pill wimps that don't confront the culture. That is what I mean. You may be moral and all, and have connection with God, but if you keep giving women a free pass, and not confronting the bad boys in your church, I think your institution is failing at what it was meant to do. I don't care what religion, it is meant to be the salt, and if atheist (not all, but people like Stefan Molyneux and the like) are stating the truth, while the church stands by, I think you may need to do some soul searching. Not questioning Christianity, but the institutions around it.
Actually, it's you who needs to do some soul searching. You don't know as much about Christianity as you think you do. Because you are spiritually blind, because you have not received the grace of God to see the truth. Because you have bad will. And since you didn't receive the grace of God to see the truth, you think Christians are to blame, when the truth is that these "Christians" are in fact Protestants, i.e. heretics who have strayed far from God, and led us all into depravity and damnation.

In your spiritual blindness, you not only think Protestants are "Christians," you also praise non-Christians over Christians. The only true Christians are those who believe and adhere to the traditional Catholic faith. BTW the Catholic Church is NOT the Vatican II sect, which is what most people think is the Catholic Church today.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

A movie about a bunch of white people with british accents living in the ancient Middle East thousands of years ago.... riiiighhht...
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Hollywood working for God? I don't think so.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

MrPeabody wrote:Hollywood working for God? I don't think so.
This ^^^ (unless Morgan Freeman is in it. :razz:)

Coupled with the fact that many ancient cultures (some without ethnic or religious ties to Judeo-Christianity) have a "worldwide flood" tale would indicate that more than one family survived the event.

http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/titania.htm
http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/puck.htm
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Mr_Truth
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr_Truth »

MrPeabody wrote:Hollywood working for God? I don't think so.
Hollywood could never truly work for God, as it is mostly controlled by Jews who are either believers of their false religion, or atheists. The Jews as a whole are virulently anti-Gentile, and they are most certainly anti-Jesus.

A prime example is Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," which never would have gotten off the ground if not for Gibson's clout and personal wealth. The Jews did all they could to destroy Gibson's movie. They stole his script early on, and then demanded that Gibson make changes to satisfy the Jews. The news media (also Jew-controlled) constantly attacked the movie as being "anti-Semitic." In interview after interview, Gibson was sidetracked from talking about Jesus and His message, and forced to answer charges that he and his father were anti-Semitic. 20th Century Fox caved in to the Jews who protested outside the headquarters of News Corp. (20th Century Fox's parent company), and declined to distribute the movie. So one can indeed understand Mel Gibson's anger and frustration at the Jews.

Nevertheless, a movie like "TPOTC" or "Noah" is still significant, whether it's a Hollywood product or not. God still gives people clues and hints about where we are in the world today, and what is to come.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Uhm, not to be rude, but neither Protestantism or Catholicism are God's works. Both are bound by Constantine, who was not even a Christian, and polluted it with idol worship. And also, why should I follow a strange man with a strange fish hat? God came to break the priesthood, not to reinstate it.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Movies are entertainment and not to be take seriously. Period. I haven't been to a movie in several years. I will not see the movie "Noah". Their hype and buzz don't effect me.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

the word Christian should be moved to the history books, whatever people pretend to be today isn't Christianity.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

The_Adventurer wrote:A movie about a bunch of white people with british accents living in the ancient Middle East thousands of years ago.... riiiighhht...

lol. I saw the previews, wouldn't go if admission was free.