Indonesian ladies (trip report with photos)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Falcon wrote:Trailer for an award-winning film about a Filipina maid in Singapore.

What does this have to do with Indonesian ladies?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

that indo food looks delicious.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

When my grandparents in Taipei were still alive, we hired a number of maids and helpers as their caregivers. My mother's opinion is that the best ones were from the Philippines. The Vietnamese ones were more greedy or selfish, but at least stayed and completed their contract. We had 2 Indonesian helpers that ran away, probably to go work at factories or higher paying contract.

In "Taipei Rose Town", a retirement community in the outskirts of Taipei, my old nanny told me of one of her neighbors who neglected to provide halal food for her Indonesian maid. She refused to eat pork or touch any of the family's food. Eventually she fainted from malnutrition and had to be taken to a hospital.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Indonesian ladies (trip report with photos)

Post by djfourmoney »

Falcon wrote:
Banano wrote:Falcon

These chicks that you describe as 'pretty' and 'cute' are not attractive at all. Bellow average.
Yeah, I was expecting this from some of you guys, but I don't really mind. Please consult OTB's thread on how an unselfish personality really is #1.
viewtopic.php?t=20799

The point is that they're completely the opposite of many Western women and could serve as an alternative for some guys in Taiwan who are very frustrated with Taiwanese women. They're friendly, warm, approachable, and flirty, which is also Winston's point here.
Nobody said unselfish personality wasn't important and it number #1. However the challenge is GETTING BOTH and that's where too many men come up short, talk themselves into some falsehoods about attractiveness and forget in post modern civilization looks are important. If you live in some tiny village in Indonesia, nobody gives too squirts overall and more kindhearted people would wish you well.

There is no reason to sugar coat reality. If you're okay with your women looking so-so that's fine with me. But as I just said again, DON'T try to convince me looks don't mean anything, that's another Western trope that's been proved WRONG time and time again.

OTB needs to get his mindset out of America, because all his observations come from that frame of mind, IE he doesn't know any better.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Read the OP. A primary focus here is on Southeast Asian domestic helpers in rich East Asian countries.

momopi wrote:When my grandparents in Taipei were still alive, we hired a number of maids and helpers as their caregivers. My mother's opinion is that the best ones were from the Philippines. The Vietnamese ones were more greedy or selfish, but at least stayed and completed their contract. We had 2 Indonesian helpers that ran away, probably to go work at factories or higher paying contract.
Did they also withhold the helpers' passports? My aunt does that, even though I would personally object to that.

As for Vietnamese ones often being more greedy or selfish, that's because of the old-fashioned Chinese mindset, which would also generally apply to Mainland Chinese as well.

And have you also socialized with foreign workers from SE Asia while in Taiwan? I'm wondering what's your take on this.

momopi wrote:In "Taipei Rose Town", a retirement community in the outskirts of Taipei, my old nanny told me of one of her neighbors who neglected to provide halal food for her Indonesian maid. She refused to eat pork or touch any of the family's food. Eventually she fainted from malnutrition and had to be taken to a hospital.
This counts as a type of abuse. Not respecting foreign workers' religions is way too common in Taiwan. I read the Qur'an with our maid, speak Indonesian to her, ask her to tell her story, and only has her make halal food, which are things that my other relatives would never even think of doing.
Last edited by Falcon on December 4th, 2013, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Falcon wrote: Did they also withhold the helpers' passports? My aunt does that, even though I would personally object to that.
As for Vietnamese ones often being more greedy or selfish, that;s because of the old-fashioned Chinese mindset, which would also generally apply to Mainland Chinese as well.
And have you also socialized with foreign workers from SE Asia while in Taiwan? I'm wondering what's your take on this.
Nope, we did not withhold their passports and they took off as soon as they found a better gig (legal or otherwise).

Of all the helpers that my grandparents had, I think I only really chatted with one from the Philippines. She was married with kids and earned enough from working in TW to pay off her house back in PH. She never asked for more money, but my relatives liked her and gave her a lot of bonus money on the side. Even after she returned to PH, my mother would call her once in a while.

I do recall back in 2005, when I was visiting in KL (Malaysia), my ex-GF's family there had a maid from Indonesia and they had installed a "maid alarm" at the house. I wasn't sure if the alarm was to prevent the maid from stealing or running away.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
Falcon wrote:Trailer for an award-winning film about a Filipina maid in Singapore.

Lots of the maids in Singapore, Taiwan, HK are from indonesia and the philippines. My pinay maid says the indo are paid much lower and are bad competition for pinay domestic workers. they tend to look the same too (south east asian features, no make up). The pinay bargirls you guys love will look like falcon's tribal girls, he just goes for the more natural and down to earth look, afterall, a woman is still a woman under the clothes and make up :)

Personally I'm into voluptuous girls who wear show girl type make up, it just excites me. Most would label that cheap looking of course but to each his own. As I am looking for someone to build a family with, she would have to look decent and normal around associates but can be the burlesque queen (christina aguilera's movie) behind closed doors. Who knows falcon might be like that on the bedroom too? You guys might be missing out lol
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster

Indonesian Lady

Post by Travelin Man »

Some of the Indonesian girls are quite decent looking. Sometimes it takes a lot more time and effort to find the more attractive ones. I had a relationship with an Indonesian lady working in Macao. She was all over me and still contacts me to this day!

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Travelin Man on October 24th, 2015, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Begin with the end in mind
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Falcon wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:That's not the point. The point is there are far better Indonesian (or other Asian) women to choose from than so-called tribal women. It has nothing to do with being better than western women.
Could you post some example photos then? I think these women look perfectly fine, unless you've been looking at too many supermodels with plastic surgery.

And yes, some of these women could have peasant backgrounds, but they're certainly not tribal. Tribal women in Indonesia are like this.

Falcon, any girl you like the way they look or like their personality, you date them or make them your friend. Each person has their own taste. They don't look like bar girls and that is good. i can tell you the average girls in Philippines are Thailand aren't that good looking.

Enjoy yourself meet and hang out with who you like. Good luck, enjoy yourself!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Falcon wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:That's not the point. The point is there are far better Indonesian (or other Asian) women to choose from than so-called tribal women. It has nothing to do with being better than western women.
Could you post some example photos then? I think these women look perfectly fine, unless you've been looking at too many supermodels with plastic surgery.

And yes, some of these women could have peasant backgrounds, but they're certainly not tribal. Tribal women in Indonesia are like this.

Falcon, any girls that you like the way they look or like their personality, you date them or make them your friend. Each person has their own taste. They don't look like bar girls and that is good. i can tell you the average girls in Philippines and Thailand aren't that good looking.

Enjoy yourself meet and hang out with who you like. Good luck, enjoy yourself!
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

When I compare those pictures with the girls I met in the Phillipines I have to say that I prefer cute Filipinas over Indonesian ladies but everybody has a different taste
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yesterday, I walked around with a hot Indonesian lady at the Taipei main train station. She was flirting with me a lot too, and so was I, haha.

Young Taiwanese guy speaking Indonesian with a hot Indo lady wearing a hijab -- that's a one-of-a-kind sight, so I did get some curious looks and stares from other Taiwanese.

AbcDavid told me he thinks she's hot. :P

Rock says I should write and share some stories of my unique experiences as an "oddball Taiwanese". Seems like a good idea! :D
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yeah go ahead Falcon the anthropological dater :).
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Damn. Nobody gave Travelin' Man any respect/props on his last post on this thread!

You got my kudos, Travelin' Man. #TeamAbroad :-)
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Damn. Nobody gave Travelin' Man any respect/props on his last post on this thread!

You got my kudos, Travelin' Man. #TeamAbroad :-)
Thanks Travelin Man! :wink: