New TLC Show: '90 Day Fiancee' - International marriage

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

?????? wrote:"Every time a show like this starts in Germany they purposefully take guys who are absolute weirdos to show that no normal man would ever go overseas to find a girl. It is propaganda at its best."

The German government pulls this shaming crap like this to discourage men, too? On the bright side though, you are closer to Russia or Eastern European countries if you wanted to go there.
It guess it could be propaganda, what isn't?

All these Western countries (Japan too) have done some feature on their native men going to other parts of the world to find women and wouldn't you find that a bit fascinating?

What is almost never considered is why men are doing this? The question is almost never asked. I think that is not to insult the likely female viewers of the show. Shows like this interest women so they can see if they should be concerned or not. They are largely unconcerned because even if production crews seem to pick "weirdos", most companies don't screen the clients or the women very much.

This leads all sort of strange results.

But its mostly the type of men you think would go on these things and its not a stereotype. Its men for one reason or another that struggles in our dating economy; when money is being exchanged its time to call it what it is.

In our economy (Western Culture) men over 45 are considered "washed up" and the only women that REALLY want you are the same washed up but much older women (late 40's, early 50's). If you are under 50, never been married and have no children, what are you suppose to do if women even at the end of their ability to procreate don't want anything to do with you?

I mean a dentist can still get woman in her 30's even if he's 60! There is such a couple on Facebook that I know of. As I said WOMEN LIKE MONEY, some more and some less than others, but overall they want no economic problems and they figure the richer a man is, the less economic issues come up. Oh ho, its not the same type of problems of not having enough, there are other issues created by wealth that you won't know about until you're wealthy.

Then there is socially awkward, yadda, yadda, yadda. These guys have endured a dating life to say the least that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy; maybe you would?

They rarity is the guy who seemingly has no issues but yet can't seem to find the right woman.

These are the type of men that consider going overseas among the other choices of last resort.

I've always wondered what would have happen if I had spent what I did on my vacation to Europe and gave it to AFA instead? I have found AFA's business model a bit problematic since 2005 but as I discovered Mark Davis and others who have been through the AFA process; it I could have saved myself alot of trouble, had the life I wanted with an attractive woman and I doubt I would be posting on HA enduring the ridiculous negativity showcased here.

The truth is, I am only debating a handful of the active posters here, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned with what they say and just ignore it.

Anyway, you get the men you get on shows like this because men who aren't struggling in the dating economy have no need to do this...
??????
Freshman Poster

Post by ?????? »

djfourmoney wrote:
?????? wrote:"Every time a show like this starts in Germany they purposefully take guys who are absolute weirdos to show that no normal man would ever go overseas to find a girl. It is propaganda at its best."

The German government pulls this shaming crap like this to discourage men, too? On the bright side though, you are closer to Russia or Eastern European countries if you wanted to go there.
It guess it could be propaganda, what isn't?

All these Western countries (Japan too) have done some feature on their native men going to other parts of the world to find women and wouldn't you find that a bit fascinating?

What is almost never considered is why men are doing this? The question is almost never asked. I think that is not to insult the likely female viewers of the show. Shows like this interest women so they can see if they should be concerned or not. They are largely unconcerned because even if production crews seem to pick "weirdos", most companies don't screen the clients or the women very much.

This leads all sort of strange results.

But its mostly the type of men you think would go on these things and its not a stereotype. Its men for one reason or another that struggles in our dating economy; when money is being exchanged its time to call it what it is.

In our economy (Western Culture) men over 45 are considered "washed up" and the only women that REALLY want you are the same washed up but much older women (late 40's, early 50's). If you are under 50, never been married and have no children, what are you suppose to do if women even at the end of their ability to procreate don't want anything to do with you?

I mean a dentist can still get woman in her 30's even if he's 60! There is such a couple on Facebook that I know of. As I said WOMEN LIKE MONEY, some more and some less than others, but overall they want no economic problems and they figure the richer a man is, the less economic issues come up. Oh ho, its not the same type of problems of not having enough, there are other issues created by wealth that you won't know about until you're wealthy.

Then there is socially awkward, yadda, yadda, yadda. These guys have endured a dating life to say the least that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy; maybe you would?

They rarity is the guy who seemingly has no issues but yet can't seem to find the right woman.

These are the type of men that consider going overseas among the other choices of last resort.

I've always wondered what would have happen if I had spent what I did on my vacation to Europe and gave it to AFA instead? I have found AFA's business model a bit problematic since 2005 but as I discovered Mark Davis and others who have been through the AFA process; it I could have saved myself alot of trouble, had the life I wanted with an attractive woman and I doubt I would be posting on HA enduring the ridiculous negativity showcased here.

The truth is, I am only debating a handful of the active posters here, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned with what they say and just ignore it.

Anyway, you get the men you get on shows like this because men who aren't struggling in the dating economy have no need to do this...

I understand what you are trying to say and I agree. Men should be a little more discerning when it comes to finding a woman abroad, being more prepared before going in, and go on multiple trips so they take the time to get to know them to make a train wreck less likely. Many of the mail order brides agencies, like Anastasia, should be avoided because of the kind of women that go to these places and aren't properly screened. (Gold diggers, pro daters, visa scammers, and others.). Also developing social skills and learning to get the courage to approach the woman you like is important too. I admit, I have a long way to go before I am prepared to make my trip and it will probably be mid 30's before I am ready due to things going on in my life right now. I also wished TLC would have invited Mark and Anna Davis be a part of this show. Just so they could show how one can be successful and what steps people can take to have the same good results they had.

The reason for my negativity is I am just tired of people in this country trying to dissuade me from exploring better relationship options outside the "Anglosphere" (as it's called here) and I don't want to deal with women who are brainwashed with the anti-male, feminist attitude. I also don't like how I can't talk to anyone about it, not even my own brother, without causing an argument. So I keep it to myself in public.

Another reason for my anger is I wanted a family but resigned myself for most my 20s to being single because of the anti-male divorce laws, being accused of false rape charges, and other laws in the US created to make life harder for men. This website didn't exist back then and I didn't consider moving abroad because of all the negative press. Basically, I regret wasting time just settling for being single here in the US when I could have taken the steps and been abroad by now. If only I knew at 20 what I know now at 28. Now I am scrambling to get busy learning new languages, training for a new job, getting the passport, and all the other stuff I need to do.

I will try not to complain here too much about the negative laws and brainwashed women here. Still, I wish there was someone to talk to where I lived that thought the same as I do about the dating/marriage situation here.
Last edited by ?????? on February 16th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Don't forget guys, tonight there is a new episode on TLC at 9pm central time. Only one more episode after tonight, I can't wait to see who get's married and who goes back home. Apparently on tonight's episode, one of the couples get's married, good for them.

I hope there is a second season of this show later this year, with four new couples. Hell, I wouldn't mind being on a show like this myself some day. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Sunday night is the final episode of "90 day fiancé." Here is a sneak preview of Sunday's show.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

djfourmoney,

Difference for an older western guy to land a younger western women vs a younger foreign women is that it cost more to get a western women. I realize that women are women...and they seek security. Why is it that some foreign women will seek an older western men..because of social economics.

I really think that places like Eastern Europe and some parts of Asia is quickly becoming westernize and superficial. In other words feminist and gold diggers are sprouting up like weeds. Some of it is western men faults because when they go over seas they spoil the place (hint hint Bangkok comes to mind..sure there are some decent girls but it's been over mongered in my opinion . )
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

chanta76 wrote:djfourmoney,

Difference for an older western guy to land a younger western women vs a younger foreign women is that it cost more to get a western women. I realize that women are women...and they seek security. Why is it that some foreign women will seek an older western men..because of social economics.

I really think that places like Eastern Europe and some parts of Asia is quickly becoming westernize and superficial. In other words feminist and gold diggers are sprouting up like weeds. Some of it is western men faults because when they go over seas they spoil the place (hint hint Bangkok comes to mind..sure there are some decent girls but it's been over mongered in my opinion . )
I agree and as I said, its time to start calling this BS what is, Dating Economics!

It is economic arbitrage by going overseas to find a wife, its never mentioned. Not sure why; Make less than 50K? You can pretty much forget it with attractive American women. If you work at Target or Wal-Mart, I mean look at your co-workers, would you date them? They are at your economic level and I'm pretty sure the answer would be no.

Men over 40 have little value, men over 45 have NO VALUE. Divorced? You better find an equally divorced woman because most women never married won't go near you. Got custody of your children? Most American woman won't touch you. You have to walk on eggshells, especially on the first date.

Who wants to deal with this????

The negativity around MOB (Mail Order Brides) doesn't help one-bit.

The reason they didn't feature Aline and Len is because he broke off the engagement. All the other couples married in their 90 day window.

I will be looking to be featured on this show if it comes to pass that I found a woman that is worthy of me filing for a K-1. Might be interesting because I will likely be in another country and I wonder if TLC would come down to where I was to film it?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

djfourmoney wrote:I will be looking to be featured on this show if it comes to pass that I found a woman that is worthy of me filing for a K-1. Might be interesting because I will likely be in another country and I wonder if TLC would come down to where I was to film it?
That would be great djfourmoney, I would love to see you on this show! It would be nice to see a member of this forum on "90 day fiancé" I know they are looking for people to participate on season two of this show which would be airing later this year I believe.

Your right about men's value in the eyes of women in the USA. If the guy is not at least somewhat wealthy, he can forget about dating young, good looking women. If he is in his forties and is not wealthy, he needs to resign himself to single mother's and unattractive and overweight women. :shock:

Believe me, Mark Davis would not be married to a young, good looking girl if he did not go overseas to meet his future wife. There is no way in hell a 20 year old American girl who is hot, would marry a 45 year old man who is not wealthy. This would only happen if the guy did what Mark did and go on a romance tour to meet his future wife. When Anna and Mark got married, he was 45 and she was 20. :D

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

jamesbond wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:I will be looking to be featured on this show if it comes to pass that I found a woman that is worthy of me filing for a K-1. Might be interesting because I will likely be in another country and I wonder if TLC would come down to where I was to film it?
That would be great djfourmoney, I would love to see you on this show! It would be nice to see a member of this forum on "90 day fiancé" I know they are looking for people to participate on season two of this show which would be airing later this year I believe.

Your right about men's value in the eyes of women in the USA. If the guy is not at least somewhat wealthy, he can forget about dating young, good looking women. If he is in his forties and is not wealthy, he needs to resign himself to single mother's and unattractive and overweight women. :shock:

Believe me, Mark Davis would not be married to a young, good looking girl if he did not go overseas to meet his future wife. There is no way in hell a 20 year old American girl who is hot, would marry a 45 year old man who is not wealthy. This would only happen if the guy did what Mark did and go on a romance tour to meet his future wife. When Anna and Mark got married, he was 45 and she was 20. :D
I know, Law was 38 and Alyona was 28. However by boy Nate was about 25 when he married Dinara who was about the same age, all that means that if you're under 30 and serious about finding a wife, don't BS around here, get on a plane. Dinara was an exchange student in the US and has excellent command of English, she's from Russia.

The problem with the whole movement is so few want to be featured on shows or interviewed because they are concerned about how their relationships will be seen by the public at large. This proves there's gender war under, Maginas and women will undermine any effort to defeat their systems of control.

Like I said, the writing as been on the wall since the early 2000's, I just had no control over my finances. Its taken a reboot to have some control, but with a net earnings of around $4700 however, its very difficult to make my plan work, but not impossible.

But yes when (not if...) I finally find somebody worthy I will will contact TLC. All this guys featured on that show are fairly typical of the kind of guys in America who struggling dating. Two guys clearly have weight issues, only Russ appears to be in-shape likely because he works outdoors. Alan is out of shape but his wife doesn't seem to care very much.

So if these guys can do it, instead of worrying about if it's staged or fake, how about stop looking for excuses????

No reason for me to assume I can't do it, even only earning a bit over $4K the last two years. Issues such as living with my parents and no car disappear overseas. I could quickly get some BS job if I had too and it would be easier to save money. But then I can't work on my blogs and I will make more money with my blogs than working for somebody, so this is the sacrifice I will have to make, short term.

One of my blogs covers this journey I am just not ready to launch it yet, not finished with content and the header yet.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here are scenes from the last episode of "90 Day Fiance." All four couples got married and ALL the couples cried at their wedding ceremonies (both the men and the women).

My guess is that one or two of the couples will eventually get divorced (the girl from Russia and her husband from Cleveland and the girl from Columbia and her husband Russ from Tulsa would be the two couples I predict will get divorced eventually).

However, I predict at least two of the couples will stay married, (girl from Brazil and her husband from LA and the girl from the Philippines and her husband from Indianapolis).

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

I somehow missed this show when it was on. It got a 6.9 rating at IMDB. Here are the individual reviews:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3469050/rev ... _=tt_ov_rt

One guy had had a bad experience doing this, and gave the show a low rating.

Here is a woman who liked the show:

http://www.blogher.com/why-im-fan-90-da ... ?page=full

I'm acquiring it via the Pirate Bay.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Why doesn't this topic have a title?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

It turns out that there was one couple that was not a part of the show, because she turned him down.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fian ... pgn=yttlc1
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

For those living in the UK, this show is now available on Sky, via TLC / on demand.

It's definitely worth a watch for anyone thinking about going down the foreign woman route.
Robin Hood.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:Did those couples meet on AFA? Did they meet on a romance tour or a dating site? If so, which one?
I think the 48 year old guy from Arizona is possibly a AFA client but as far as I can tell there has been no mention of them.
  • The Okie found his girl while working on contract in Colombia

The Mormon was on a mission in rural Brazil

The White guy with the tatted up ex-wife met his girl on a site like Interpals
I am not sure about the others just yet.
I didn't see the 48 year old in the main episodes with the other 4: Brazil, Columbia, Philippines, Russia. Was his episodes separate from the other 4 couples? The 48 year looks great for his age, but his Ukrainian girlfriend is the typical gold digger cold Russian bitch. I dated a few of them while there.