Ukraine revolution 2014

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

gsjackson wrote:
Tsar wrote:The US and EU are targeting Russian allies. Assad in Syria and Yanukovych in Ukraine were allies with Russia. It's about destabilizing the two countries and causing problems for Russia. Russia is a good country, with strong opportunities for growth, and growing religion. It is against feminism, homosexuality, and is with China in abandoning the US dollar. I am rooting for Assad and Yanukovych because they are pro-Russian and anti-West. Anywhere the US or the EU goes is soon decaying and collapsing. Anywhere the IMF goes becomes more in ruins and the local population suffers.
Agreed. It's interesting to watch the demonization in the US of Russia and Putin, a politician whose every utterance has sounded perfectly reasonable to me. With Arab terrorists keeping a low profile, Chavez gone and Fidel fading from the scene, guess there was a need for a new bogeyman to keep those military-industrial complex dollars flowing.

I've agreed with Putin on virtually every issue where he's butted heads with Obama and other fathead American pols, among them Georgia, Syria, Snowden, the nature of American exceptionalism, an American missile defense shield on Russia's border, Ukraine and gay propaganda. As to the latter, whatever you views may be on whether homosexuality should be normalized, it really can't be disputed that this has happened in the US as the result of an organized and orchestrated, top-down propaganda campaign that was conceived a couple decades ago and sunk its tentacles deep into every corner of the nation's media/education communication complex. Russia is right to ensure that a social change of that magnitude doesn't happen as a result of elites seizing control of the public discourse, which is so easy to do in the US.
Brilliant post. Maybe the new york's Zboy100 f.m. orchestrated ban might have done some good. #SorryThePrimeBaitCuzIlikedMajorityOfYourPosts

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The Ukrainians I know were all just fed up with Russia interfering in their business for longer than they have been alive, and are sick of being treated like they aren't their own country. They don't want to join the EU, but they want to run far away from any deals with Russia.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/ukrainian ... -own-guns/#

Hmmm, wonder how far this right will go? :)
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

HouseMD wrote:The Ukrainians I know were all just fed up with Russia interfering in their business for longer than they have been alive, and are sick of being treated like they aren't their own country. They don't want to join the EU, but they want to run far away from any deals with Russia.
Not sure what they mean by deals with Russia. Ukraine can't exist without Russian gas, and probably not without Russia as the main buyer of Ukrainian exports. That's why Putin may just step back and enjoy the chaos that ensues. He knows the US loves to foment coups, but is hopeless when it comes to nation-building.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Let them eat cake.

Homes Of Ukrainian Government Officials
http://www.businessinsider.com/homes-of ... als-2014-2
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

gsjackson- That hit it pretty much on the head. I personally think they get wowed by the glamour of the west, but don't always know that it tends to come at the price of sustaining that situation in the first place. It's like a paint that rots the house underneath it. The house being eroded is its own problem, anyway- but the paint will get the chair kicked out from under it as well. A cultural version of diabetes, if you will.

Something I've noticed a lot with the various things that have gone on in the Slavic countries lately (the past 20 years, or so) is that there's a lot of issues regarding sustainability that seem to be largely based on other people's nonsense. This one's corrupt, so it undermines what the people of that country are able to do. That deal fell through, so now something that was dependantly attached to it (only because it was MADE that way) doesn't work. It's attaching an extra conditional to something, which makes it one more thing to fall through & hamstring the situation. Making it fancy & doing a trick.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Just my luck, I booked a flight to Ukraine a few months ago and supposed to be flying there next week. :evil:
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Taco wrote:Let them eat cake.

Homes Of Ukrainian Government Officials
http://www.businessinsider.com/homes-of ... als-2014-2
Reminds me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And that box of gold bars.... :razz: :mrgreen:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Finding a girlfriend in the Ukraine just got a lot easier. It shows you how fast a country can go downhill when SHTF.

Ukrainian Currency Collapses 28% In 4 days
http://investmentwatchblog.com/ukrainia ... in-4-days/
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

marklambo wrote:Just my luck, I booked a flight to Ukraine a few months ago and supposed to be flying there next week. :evil:

Yikes! You might want to reconsider going there...until things cool down in the country, Marklambo.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

zboy1 wrote:
marklambo wrote:Just my luck, I booked a flight to Ukraine a few months ago and supposed to be flying there next week. :evil:

Yikes! You might want to reconsider going there...until things cool down in the country, Marklambo.
I don't know. We'll see. If I still go, I'll report something back here to let you guys know. It may sound crazy but it might also be an interesting experience. :lol:
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

marklambo- Sounds cool. Would definitely like to hear about it when/if you get back- as I'm thinking of going there at some point, myself. Don't know if you know this, but sometimes speaking Russian doesn't go over too well. It depends on the area, from what I've heard. Might be a good idea to be able to speak Ukrainian AND Russian, if you don't already.

It seems there's a real East/West thing going on over there at the moment. I've heard that it's not actully Pro-EU vs Pro-Russia, but instead skinheads & ultra-nationalists trying to take power. I don't understand why Ukraine would get into problems with the EU if they do things with Russia. It seems like Russia was saying "You can still trade either way, even if you do business mainly with us" and the American/EU side was saying "You can only be with us & we'll start telling you how to do things." Also it seems Russia gave them a whole lot of hook-up money that had no conditionals attached. They were having problems & Russia boosted things without it being an "only if you go with us" type of thing. It seems like maybe Russia was the better bet, especially since America & the EU (to an extent) seem to be steering more & more toward a state of corporate communism. The whole point of communism was controlling people & controlling resources (and controllling those resources would be a method of controlling those people, since they need resources to do things- even if they're not materialistic). Sound familar?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This just in.

US And Russia Clash Over Ukraine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rvigsWoBb8#t=24

Russia Has Invaded Ukraine
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-2 ... sian-plane

Ukraine Pleads For Britain And US To Rescue It
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... asion.html
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

U.S. and Russia are two of the world's largest natural gas produces. Russia transports its gas to the EU from the pipeline that goes through Ukraine. The US would have the most to gain from isolating Russia and preventing Russian natural gas from flowing into Europe (have the puppet government of the West stop the flow of natural gas). Then America can charge more for it's natural gas production and earn more revenue at the expense of Russia.

Ukraine is culturally and historically closer to Russia, especially with Crimea. The Russian Black Sea naval port is strategic for Russia. NATO wants to be at Russia's doorstep. America doesn't want Russia to be powerful again and it's because Russia won't be controlled or exploited by Russia. Russia has diamonds, oil, timber, resources, is abandoning trade in the US dollar, and is rapidly developing. The US and EU wanted to install a puppet government in Ukraine and remove one of Russia's important strategic partners. Russia should never bow to the US or EU. Russia should ignore all the West's warnings. Russia is too powerful to be impacted by the US and the EU. The US and Europe are running out of resources and are on the brink of total collapse. Russia, China, and South America are rapidly rising and will be the great world powers. The US business lobbyists and corporations need China. South America generally appeases America (ex. War on Drugs) and America needs South American food imports (and South America exports many fruits, coffee, and agricultural products to America). Russia doesn't trade much with America and in reality Russia doesn't need America, it would survive without America or Western Europe. This is why the West are trying to subvert Russia, isolate it, remove all Russia's allies (Ukraine, Syria, Iran. It already has bases in the Central Asian Former Soviet Republics). If Ukraine is conquered by the West's NATO-funded coup then Russia will only have Belarus, and that will be the next target of Western Imperialists from the US and the EU. Russia must take a stand now and assert it's power that it will not be controlled in its sphere of influence. It's not a powerless country like Libya or Syria. It isn't like Iran that could be isolated from the World's financial system or attacked by NATO. Russia will return to greatness.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

"I want to live with Russia. I want to join Russia," said Alla Batura, a petite 71-year-old pensioner who has lived in Sevastopol for 50 years. "They are good lads...They are protecting us, so we feel safe."

Coal miner Gennady Pavlov said he backed Putin's declaration of the right to intervene. "It is time to put an end to this lawlessness. Russians are our brothers. I support the forces."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/ ... E820140301
What ultimately started WWI was when Nicholas II of Russia vowed to protect the Slavic people of Serbia against an Austrian-Hungarian invasion because a Serbian assassinated Archduke Franz-Ferdinand. Most likely it was a agent that wanted to create the World War. So once again the Western elites are trying to create a war to undermine Russia as it is rising to greatness. Russia is protecting their fellow Slavs from the West.

President Obama made clear that Russia's continued violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity would negatively impact Russia's standing in the international community."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/eur ... -politics/
Obama and all the modern Presidents of America have no right to take about respecting other nations sovereignty. America has invaded more countries than all other countries in the world. Some examples include Panama, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

One of the greatest examples during the last century was when America annexed many independent countries in the early 20th Century. Even Hawaii was annexed so it could produce pineapples and sugar cane for America. The American farmers and the American navy wanted Hawaii. They annexed Hawaii in the early 1900s for American interests.
The overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom was a result of progressive governmental control by foreigners, who were coming in increasing numbers to the island of Hawaii. Many of these foreigners bought up Hawaiian land and invested in the lucrative Hawaiian sugar industry. In 1887, these men forced the reigning king, Kalākaua, to sign the so-called Bayonet Constitution, which stripped him of much of his power, creating a constitutional monarchy. In 1890, the United States signed the McKinley Tariff into law; the new law sharply raised tariffs, ending the Hawaiian sugar industry's dominance in the North American market and pushing Hawaii into turmoil.

Following the sugar crash, in 1893 the reigning Queen Lili'uokalani proposed a new constitution to replace the 1877 one. If signed, the new constitution would revoke many of the foreigners' powers, and put the queen back in control of the Kingdom. The proposal was backed by the majority of the native population; however, it was naturally opposed by the Americans and foreigners on the island, who hoping for American intervention, began planning a coup. The situation soon escalated as both royalists and secessionists armed themselves. Fearing for American safety, the United States called on the USS Boston to land a small force of Marines to protect American interests. Although the Americans were sworn to neutrality and never fired a shot, they did intimidate the royalist defenders, and Queen Lili'uokalani, fearing bloodshed, conceded surrender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition ... _of_Hawaii
The American corporations would go into Ukraine and pillage it of it's resources. It would become absorbed into the EU's exploitative economy. It would have to make concessions which include charging higher prices to the Ukrainian people, increasing their poverty. The debt burden would be shifted onto the people. The IMF and EU would demand more and more concessions for bailouts. Russia's $15B in aid was said to have no strings attached except to remain in their sphere of influence, repayment, and the future Eurasian Union that would reduce both the US and EU's economic role in the world and control of trade.

American corporations want more markets. The Western elites want to pilfer the world.