A warning sent to me about Columbia girls

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Winston
Site Admin

A warning sent to me about Columbia girls

Post by Winston »

This Columbian guy wants you to know that Columbia is not the paradise you think it is.
In Colombia the looks is important, i would say this fact is universal.. i've rejected for my heigth, and ive been taken advantage of, and i even have a friend that had she
had flow guys from u.s just to rejected them.. i dont want you to have the wrong idea colombia is a paradise.. they look how much money you have,, if you have the right
education, if you are fat or not.. if you are a too nice (is a turn off), ex.. i bougth one dress i miami for one of them and she received, and guess what, she never answered the phone back,, i cant count the time ive been their driver and not even got a kiss, and not even a phone call, seriously ,, i can tell you that you that over there is even worst because the drug dealear have spoilet the good looking ones... personally,, i you want to get a decent good looking girl,, o get laid easily.. go to cuba,, i went in 92 and the girls where all over me.. but i dont think colombia is a good choice..
I wonder if Cuban girls are hot?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Not buying it....

Post by Montanaland »

This sounds like a 15 yr old kid who is claiming that Colombia is run by drug dealers and he's upset because big city barrio girls aren't interested in him...

I'm sure a young rural colombian is just fine... matter of fact I can just picture myself giving her tutor lessons at her local University..

Cuba is a high strung nasty nationality to get involved with if your not cuban. My dad tried taming one for 13 yrs..he lost! Another ex- remember when the cuban community weren't going to budge over Elian Gonzalas..

DM
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The problem with Cuba is what you are going to do once you meet the girls there. Americans are not allowed to spend money in Cuba and traveling there is a grey area. Yeah, I have heard one can fly from Mexico and they do not stamp your passport but still , what are the long term possibilities with the girls?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
icarus
Freshman Poster

Re: A warning sent to me about Columbia girls

Post by icarus »

Vinstonas wrote:This Columbian guy wants you to know that Columbia is not the paradise you think it is.
In Colombia the looks is important, i would say this fact is universal.. i've rejected for my heigth, and ive been taken advantage of, and i even have a friend that had she
had flow guys from u.s just to rejected them.. i dont want you to have the wrong idea colombia is a paradise.. they look how much money you have,, if you have the right
education, if you are fat or not.. if you are a too nice (is a turn off), ex.. i bougth one dress i miami for one of them and she received, and guess what, she never answered the phone back,, i cant count the time ive been their driver and not even got a kiss, and not even a phone call, seriously ,, i can tell you that you that over there is even worst because the drug dealear have spoilet the good looking ones... personally,, i you want to get a decent good looking girl,, o get laid easily.. go to cuba,, i went in 92 and the girls where all over me.. but i dont think colombia is a good choice..
I wonder if Cuban girls are hot?
I think many girls from developing nations will think their ship has come in if they met a North American man of means, or apparent means. As for not being too nice, I think this is universal among all women. Deep down a woman will begin to resent a guy who lets her walk all over him and is too giving, accommodating, etc.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

If I were Colombian I would say anything possible to keep more Americans from coming and to divert them to a real shithole instead.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

icarus wrote: I think many girls from developing nations will think their ship has come in if they met a North American man of means, or apparent means. As for not being too nice, I think this is universal among all women. Deep down a woman will begin to resent a guy who lets her walk all over him and is too giving, accommodating, etc.
Not true. I've never had a Filipina hold it against me for being too nice or becoming turned off by it.

Usually if a girl really likes you, she will not mind if you are too nice. It's when they don't that they use it against you. I've found that to be the case in the US too. Same goes for clinginess, if she likes you she will say "awww how cute!" but if she doesn't, she will use it as an excuse to turn you down and say that it annoyed her.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

Vinstonas wrote:
icarus wrote: I think many girls from developing nations will think their ship has come in if they met a North American man of means, or apparent means. As for not being too nice, I think this is universal among all women. Deep down a woman will begin to resent a guy who lets her walk all over him and is too giving, accommodating, etc.
Not true. I've never had a Filipina hold it against me for being too nice or becoming turned off by it.

Usually if a girl really likes you, she will not mind if you are too nice. It's when they don't that they use it against you. I've found that to be the case in the US too. Same goes for clinginess, if she likes you she will say "awww how cute!" but if she doesn't, she will use it as an excuse to turn you down and say that it annoyed her.
Maybe I should clarify. I'm talking about buying her everything she wants, kowtowing to her every demand, not standing up for yourself. She may think being clingy is cute at first, but that won't last forever. There are plenty of things in life that seem sweet and nice at first, but end up annoying later on.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

icarus wrote: Maybe I should clarify. I'm talking about buying her everything she wants, kowtowing to her every demand, not standing up for yourself. She may think being clingy is cute at first, but that won't last forever. There are plenty of things in life that seem sweet and nice at first, but end up annoying later on.
If you feel like you have to treat a girl like this, then you're dating in the wrong country. You know you're in the right country when girls are easily replaceable, and you can be indifferent to their demands.
I never felt like I had to buy girls in the Philippines everything they wanted. One girl tried to make me do just that, and I just kicked her to the curb.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

Hero wrote:
icarus wrote: Maybe I should clarify. I'm talking about buying her everything she wants, kowtowing to her every demand, not standing up for yourself. She may think being clingy is cute at first, but that won't last forever. There are plenty of things in life that seem sweet and nice at first, but end up annoying later on.
If you feel like you have to treat a girl like this, then you're dating in the wrong country. You know you're in the right country when girls are easily replaceable, and you can be indifferent to their demands.
I never felt like I had to buy girls in the Philippines everything they wanted. One girl tried to make me do just that, and I just kicked her to the curb.
Yeah, you're either in the wrong country or you have a case of the infamous 'one-itus': get overly attached to the first semi-attractive girl who shows you attention despite a multitude of hotties surrounding you. It happens to guys, even in places like Russia or Brazil.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Tips for dating Columbian girls:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/f ... php?t=2946

Columbian expat discussions: (scroll down a bit on dating, housing, crime, etc)
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/f ... .php?f=160

And if you're just looking to get laid:
http://girlfriend4aweek.com/

Medellin is the city where Pablo Escobar once paid the local gangs to kill 600 cops in the 1990's. So, if you do go there, use some common sense and stay out of trouble.
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Cuba is the last place!!

Post by Montanaland »

My father thought it would be neat to marry a cuban he met in wyoming back in the 80's. She was a Pam Am stewardess who fled castro on a fishing boat with her parent at age 13.

Long story short the marriage lasted 13 yrs and it was she was a very mean and toxic woman. Cubans are so HIGH strung and aggressive they are repulsive to be around half the time. If you need a real world example look at the Elian Gonzales example where the cuban community tried to flip off and buck the us government???

Again from my research, which includes a local Colombian forum http://cms.poorbuthappy.com/, John Nada, and a Chilean immigrant who married a m.d. here in Montana last yr....all points to Colombia and Brazil having the hottest family-orientated woman in South America hands down.

It just doesn't add up that so many Americans are flocking to CO and BR in search of ladies and a more enjoyable life if all the woman are materialistic and owned by drug dealers??

DM

P.S. Im listening to John Tesh on the Radio- the guy who blurts out helpful facts.. and he just said a study reports that Latin American's reported more hapiness in their lives... What a weird coinceidence??
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How can we come up with all these horrible generalizations?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

anglosphere

Post by Montanaland »

I also remember watching the cuban girl on one of the early real worlds miami (mtv) show implode and leave the house. So all these observations are that of americanized cubanos which really creates a horrible creature in my mind.

I bet cuba is a very humble country with great people as they aren't used to having much material things in life under growing up under Fidel Castro.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Post by Travel Dude »

I have lived in Colombia (Barranquilla). I have noticed that there are a small group of ladies that are not approachable. These are the super hot looking model types but there are lots of women still quite attractive that you can meet. Colombian women do not like when you talk down to them or bullshit them. I remember one that said to my friend "I am not a dumb third world girl".

For me, (in terms of personality) the best girls are from Central America (San Pedro Sula,Honduras, Guatemala) or Northern Peru (Piura, Chiclayo, Tarapoto). You have to ask yourself, what do you want..just beauty or personality?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

momopi wrote:Tips for dating Columbian girls:

Medellin is the city where Pablo Escobar once paid the local gangs to kill 600 cops in the 1990's. So, if you do go there, use some common sense and stay out of trouble.
Pablo Escobar died almost 20 years ago and Medellin has evolved since. My wife is from Medellin and I have been there a couple of times: it's a nice, vibrant, dynamic and safe city. And in those trendy bars and discos I have seen the hottest human beings of the female specimen ever. Check it out here: http://www.pegateya.com