My Reflections On Life As A Chinese-Canadian in Beijing

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
mlauzon
Freshman Poster

Re: My Reflections On Life As A Chinese-Canadian in Beijing

Post by mlauzon »

Bao3niang wrote:Another thing that makes movie theaters in Beijing great is that you can buy food and drinks directly using cash, whereas in Canada you have to get a coupon first. WHAT are Canadians thinking!?
What the hell are you talking about? Having worked in the movie theatre industry here in Canada, I can tell you that this is simply UNTRUE!
Michael

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My Reflections On Life As A Chinese-Canadian in Beijing

Post by zboy1 »

mlauzon wrote:
Bao3niang wrote:Another thing that makes movie theaters in Beijing great is that you can buy food and drinks directly using cash, whereas in Canada you have to get a coupon first. WHAT are Canadians thinking!?
What the hell are you talking about? Having worked in the movie theatre industry here in Canada, I can tell you that this is simply UNTRUE!
Well...I think in the States, it depends on the movie theater chain and their policies regarding coupon usage: some use the coupon method, and others use the direct cash payment.
mlauzon
Freshman Poster

Post by mlauzon »

He [Bao3niang] was talking about the movie theatres here in Canada, not in america!
Michael
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

From what I know/seen, both are equally materialistic and demanding. However, Beijing women aren't likely to bitch in public compared to Shanghai women (think the woman that wanted her boyfriend to buy her a Buick). At least Beijing women sound better when they speak, I can hardly stand a minute of the ear torturing Shanghai dialect. Shanghai women are a lot more egotistical and entitled, but that's because they simply show it a lot more than Beijing women. Both can have extremely fiery tempers, but Shanghai women are much louder. My uncle had a mistress from Shanghai and one time when they got into a fight, she turned into dynamite. Both cities have a lot of working/career women, and are equally workaholic.

Beijing women like to focus more on the big picture when in a relationship, while Shanghai women will remember every single detail of her hate for you. Beijing women can be a bit more approachable sometimes, but normally both are equally difficult. In terms of looks, neither are that impressive to me. I've seen better looking AND nicer women from Jiangsu, Hunan, Liaoning, Sichuan/Chongqing, Shandong, and Heilongjiang.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!