Banning Poll

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should ThePrimeBait, Cornfed, and Mr.Darcy be banned?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 29
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

fschmidt wrote:The vote right now is 5 for banning and 18 against banning. So even on democratic grounds there is no justification for this ban. I will stop actively posting here until this ban is reversed.
I will also stop actively posting here until this ban is reversed. I suggest anyone else who opposes the ban to do the same.

It's been over a week since fschmidt posted his poll and none of these supposed supporters of the ban have added to the poll.

Where are these 13 mystery men who supported the ban?

Either they don't exist, they're afraid of publicity or just lazy. They've taken no action to publicly support this ban.

There has been zero transparency with this ban. What is to stop anyone from being banned just on hearsay?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

drealm wrote: They've taken no action to publicly support this ban.
Despite zboy1 pleading with them to come forward. Only one did. Now add House to the 18 opposing the ban. And it's not like those in opposition are a bunch of lame, unrespected posters.

I understand we're being critical of an unpaid volunteer, with a thankless job. But he made his own bed here by announcing that this matter would be decided by plebiscite, and then acting directly against the clear-cut results.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I'm personally not posting anything else on the subject. I made my message clear. Of all the trolls that have been around HA since I joined, I don't think Corfned, Mr. Darcy and Primebait were absolutely the worst.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

IMO the owner of an internet forum is free to admit, or refuse entry to any guests on his/her forum. However, I don't understand why we have to lump 3 different people in 1 poll, unless if they're the same person using 3 different accounts.

The Ancient Greeks imposed a severe punishment for violating political correctness. Under Athenian democracy, the citizens voted to exile anyone who held unpopular, dangerous, or disruptive views for 10 years. There was no due process or justice, no charge or defense, only that the people think you suck and want to kick you out for 10 years.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:The vote right now is 5 for banning and 18 against banning. So even on democratic grounds there is no justification for this ban. I will stop actively posting here until this ban is reversed.
Come on now. Every time a post is made about Hitler, Nazis, the Jews, or the Holocaust, you are the first to respond. Are you gonna break your speedy record? lol

This isn't a democracy. Zboy never said he would go by the poll. What is your reason for not wanting those three members banned?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:IMO the owner of an internet forum is free to admit, or refuse entry to any guests on his/her forum. However, I don't understand why we have to lump 3 different people in 1 poll, unless if they're the same person using 3 different accounts.

The Ancient Greeks imposed a severe punishment for violating political correctness. Under Athenian democracy, the citizens voted to exile anyone who held unpopular, dangerous, or disruptive views for 10 years. There was no due process or justice, no charge or defense, only that the people think you suck and want to kick you out for 10 years.
Probably to simplify things. It'd be a pain to create three polls for three members.

I guess that's why the ancient Greeks executed Socrates and made him drink poison? Why wasn't he exiled instead?

I'm sure in ancient Greece, you could say that men are smarter than women and have higher IQ's on average without violating political correctness, whereas you cannot say that publicly in America. So political correctness is not always the same.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok well it looks like based on the polls and posts here, that most of you are not happy with the banning of the three members. There's gotta be a reason for that.

So I will look into it and examine the posts of the banned members to see why there were complaints about them. I assume the complaints were about their racist posts. If it was just for bad behavior, then we may give them a second chance.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Winston,

Please let ThePrimeBait and AiB back in.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

AIB was a temp ban...he chose not to come back after the "unbanning". I don't blame him for not coming back. I don't expect that ThePrimeBait will be back either...even if unbanned. I really don't understand why he was banned in the first place. HA isn't some elite club where valuable members will crawl back after being banned for something silly...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok guys I'll look into it and see what I can do to repair this rift in our brotherhood.

We are supposed to be brothers here and support each other.

What about AdmiralofBlacks? Do any of you want him back too? What was wrong with him? He sounded like he had a high rank. lol

If racism is the problem here, then we should establish some forum rules about that to make it clear what kind of racism is allowed and what isn't. I'll start a thread about it in the Suggestions and Feedback board.
Last edited by Winston on March 5th, 2014, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the thread and poll for establishing rules on racism here. Please vote and post your opinion. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=22313

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

C'mon why is everybody being so ungrateful towards zboy? The guy takes some of his time to try and help mod a forum and some act as if he owes them something.

I think what should really be stopped is the cowardly PM'ing system. If someone has something to say or complain about, they should do it in the open, instead of pussily pressuring the mod or other members in private.

As far as personal attacks, everyone is so damn race-paranoid (projecting?). Generalizations and attacks can happen if you're fat, short, bald, freckled, cross-eyed etc. Are we going to set rules on that? Maybe direct personal attacks could be grounds for banning, since by definition they're off-topic. But other than that the only important thing is thread-relevance IMO.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:What about AdmiralofBlacks? Do any of you want him back too? What was wrong with him? He sounded like he had a high rank. lol
Afaik, PessimistOfBlacks was just venting and passively fishing for support.
But who knows? Maybe allowing a guy to do that could help him in some way?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Ok I've reviewed the posts of the banned members. I don't see any racist hate speech or personal attacks from them, except for Cornfed. So I've UNBANNED the following members:

Cornfed
ThePrimeBait
Mr.Darcy
MyFirstLove462

Cornfed will receive a warning about his racial attacks. Cornfed, please learn to curb your racial posts. And do not insult other members. Thanks.

I don't understand what MyFirstLove462 did wrong. He seems like a nice sweet guy. You can see his photo in his intro post here: viewtopic.php?t=21091

To ThePrimeBait and MrDarcy: I don't see much hate speech or racism in your posts. But you do need to work on your spelling and grammar. Please use proper punctuation and spelling. Otherwise, your posts look ghetto. So don't be lazy. Make sure your spelling is accurate. Before submitting your posts, fix the errors highlighted in red in the post form. Hope you improve the quality of your posts. Thanks.

I've also looked over AdmiralofBlacks posts. I don't see that he violated any forum rules. He just denigrated his own black race. Denigrating your own race is not against forum rules I guess. Do any of you want him back?

Zboy, are any of these guys' IP's banned too? If so, can you unban them? I could not find them in the banned IP list, but it was hard to look through it since it was not in any kind of order.

Zboy, next time, please give them a warning first before banning them, and explain the reasons for the warning or ban. After the first warning, use a temporary ban.

I will now proceed to PM the banned members to let them know they've been unbanned.

I will also PM the following members: Fschmidt, Drealm and Ghost, to let them know that they can end their protest of the forum and return, since the banning they protested against has been undone.

If any of you are in contact with them, please update them as well. And if you know any other forum members who left in protest, please PM them with this update as well.

To everyone:

Anyhow, I hope that all you guys will learn to get along and support each other from now on, so that we can have a happy, healthy, supportive brotherhood and camaraderie. Please keep in mind the motto: United we stand. So please learn to utilize reason, courtesy, kindness and common sense in your life affairs and behavior here.

I hope you heed these words. Thanks for your attention.