At what point did you go sour on American society?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

At what point did you go sour on American society?

Post by Temprano26 »

Obviously, most of us are pretty bitter towards American society but nobody woke up bitter and cynical. It happened over a long period of time.

When was your breaking point?
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Re: At what point did you sour on American society?

Post by nicho12 »

Temprano26 wrote:Obviously, most of us are pretty bitter towards American society but nobody woke up bitter and cynical. It happened over a long period of time.

I came to America as a College student and within 6 months, I was already disgusted with the culture and social isolation :twisted:
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

Pretty much the day I started pre-school.
---

SD
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

9/11 was the end of the road for me...

That, and having visited Germany and France--woke me up to how bad Asian men have it in the States...(The U.K. was too much like the U.S., though...)
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I used to read American women sucks message board, and agreed with a lot of what was said, growing up I watched my mother and fathers relationship....and I just knew.

Then last year I went and experienced the glorious normality the rest of the world enjoys, what Americans don't want you to know, or accept if you try to report it back to them...
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

When I divorced my ex-wife I left the US and never went back, that was 19 yrs ago.

55 Things About America You May Not Know
http://investmentwatchblog.com/55-thing ... -not-know/
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

When my father died, and almost nobody sent me any condolences.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

When I divorced my ex-wife and went "out there" again to hopefully meet the REAL love of my life, and make new friends. And seeing just how phucked up the dating and social scene really was in this country, and discovering how disgusting American females really were.

brb hanging out with new guy friends a couple of times and getting blown off on a regular basis by them
brb nobody tries to make me a real part of their social circle
brb virtually all women I approach reject me
brb having girls LAUGH IN MY GODDAMN FACE when I muster up the courage to ask them to dance at a club.

Add to that my constant attempts to patch things up with the ex and maybe give things another go, only to be ignored and have her flat out tell me that she doesn't believe in families anymore and wants to go out and slut it up with both guys and girls now that we're divorced. Oh how far she fell from the sweet innocent virgin that I fell in love with, who only wanted to be with me and said she wouldn't be able to go on living if I ever dumped her.

That's what sealed the deal for me. This society is DONE.
Out in the world living the dream!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

zboy1 wrote:9/11 was the end of the road for me...

That, and having visited Germany and France--woke me up to how bad Asian men have it in the States...(The U.K. was too much like the U.S., though...)
America is England, the USA went bankrupt March 9th 1933 and the CITI was the receiver of the bankruptcy.

America exist in name only. You will notice all subjects of the British colonies world wide have their water fluoridated, the Queen likes her subjects to have a nice smile.

Yes she cares for us and loves us all dearly. :D
Time to Hide!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The Simpson murder trial. I followed it carefully, from the perspective of a criminal defense lawyer who knew that police routinely plant evidence. It was an obvious not-guilty verdict if you actually watched the trial, which the prosecution knew, so they started pitching their case to the media. The media swallowed it whole, and consequently so did all of white America.

Black man flies into a fit of rage and murders white woman was a story line Americans could go for. Dirty cops setting up an innocent man to cover their butts because they bungled the most watched criminal investigation in history -- doesn't fly with the American people, because we are wonderful.

It was scary to see public opinion shaped so effortlessly.

Around the same time I started reading books about the inadequacy of America's public space, such as The Great Good Place and The Geography of Nowhere. Eventually found my way to a pretty full-blown anti-Americanism.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

When I was born in 1965 and you picked up a product it stated made in America, today when you pick up a product it's states hey your country does not exist anymore productively speaking.

It has been a spiral downward policy pretty much being accelerated since the JFK assassination and the throttle has been completely wide open since 9/11.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

manly5000 wrote:When I divorced my ex-wife and went "out there" again to hopefully meet the REAL love of my life, and make new friends. And seeing just how phucked up the dating and social scene really was in this country, and discovering how disgusting American females really were.

Add to that my constant attempts to patch things up with the ex and maybe give things another go, only to be ignored and have her flat out tell me that she doesn't believe in families anymore and wants to go out and slut it up with both guys and girls now that we're divorced.

Oh how far she fell from the sweet innocent virgin that I fell in love with, who only wanted to be with me and said she wouldn't be able to go on living if I ever dumped her.
Manly5000, your wife sounds like the type that would never leave her husband (according to some people). Supposedly, women who are virgins when they get married are less likely to divorce their husbands.

Was she a religious person? Did you meet her at a church social function? Maybe religious girls are just as unreliable as girls who are not religious. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

jamesbond wrote:Manly5000, your wife sounds like the type that would never leave her husband (according to some people). Supposedly, women who are virgins when they get married are less likely to divorce their husbands.

Was she a religious person? Did you meet her at a church social function? Maybe religious girls are just as unreliable as girls who are not religious. :shock:
She wasn't religious. We never even had a proper marriage, just a Judge with no ceremony or reception since she was, as I've mentioned elsewhere, an illegal from Mexico and we wanted to get her legalized.

Was I even ever truly married? I'm beginning to think the answer is no...

Regardless, for a long time she remained a very good girl and loving wife, but over the span of the almost 13 years together, she changed dramatically. I made plenty of mistakes over the years but always remained faithful and affectionate and never stopped loving her. My biggest problem was my inability to stick with one career and provide her enough "financial security" so she finally decided that she didn't want to be married any longer and kicked me out of her life completely. I was the one who wound up filing for divorce because after 6 months of being in limbo, with no way back into her life, and her refusal to file for reasons I still have no clue about, I had to set myself free. She wanted freedom, she wanted to sleep around, she wanted to experience all the things she missed out on by getting married at 22. All the things that she had seen on the shows she loved to watch, like Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives, and all the reality show crap. All the things that her friends were out there doing. All the things that now define America.

There wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

A real woman will stick by her man even if he hasn't figured his shit out yet. That's what marriage is supposed to be about, and it's supposed to be for LIFE. For richer and for poorer. In sickness and in health.

None of that shit means anything anymore in America. That's why I'm going to Latin America, where it still means a HELL of a lot.

Next time it will be "til death do us part", come hell or high water.

Maybe someday before I leave I'll make a long-ass storytime thread on the downfall and eventual destruction of my marriage and family. Would make a hell of a read but I don't know if I could stomach going through all these horrible memories that I've spent the last 5 years trying to get over.
ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

When I was born Black, but I hate the entire world because they all hate me.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: At what point did you sour on American society?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Temprano26 wrote:Obviously, most of us are pretty bitter towards American society but nobody woke up bitter and cynical. It happened over a long period of time.

Good question. For me, looking back, I started to hate American society the very year after I graduated high school.

My life was just fine up into high school. I had lots of acquaintances and one very close friend, I had an easy job, I had a girlfriend, I had close family, and I just never really contemplated being unhappy.

Little did I know that was the calm before the storm because as soon as I graduated high school all that I had was just ripped away from me because I had to go to college and I had to eventually earn a living and make it on my own.

I wound up moving to California, but my life was boring and empty because I had no life other then working and trying to make it from one day to the next. Thank god I never turned to drugs or alcohol because it would have only made things worse.

At the end of the day I did a lot of research in my late 20's and realized that part of the reason why I was so unhappy with my life was because of the American culture itself. Here in America, after high school, but for most people college, you're just thrown into a situation where paying bills and working come first, and your own personal needs as a human being come dead last so you go though life doing what you're told you're suppose to be doing all while suppressing your own personal happiness.

Thank god I found the way out... My first trip to Thailand I felt like a kid again and I never felt so alive!! I do wish I could have taken my best friend with me but he was killed on a moterbike back in 2009 so I hope he's in a better place... RIP MIKE