Debate

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
busybear33
Freshman Poster

Debate

Post by busybear33 »

The discussion board consists of advisors, critics and supporters. I am a neutral third-party.

The critics and supporters argue about personal differences, except for the user named Chemist. Chemist remains focused on relevant and constructive arguements to make a set of points. The other critics make personal insults while the supporters never question Mr. Wu and his endeavors.

We can spend countless hours arguing about the integrity, personality, spirituality, social and sexual activities of Mr. Winston Wu. These arguements are pointless and will continue to the end of time.

Winston Wu will be a father in the year 2008. The critics and supporters must formerly address the welfare of the mother and child. Please avoid insulting the child. The child is innocent.

For the sake of the debate, the advisors are exempt from making comments. The debate welcomes arguements from both sides: the critics and the supporters.

I beg the following set of questions for the debate.

1. Is Mr. Winston Wu qualified to be a provider of his family?
2. Is Mr. Winston Wu qualified to serve as a role model of his family?

Please refrain from making personal insults. Please make constructive arguements that lead to a point. The birth of a child and raising a family is a serious matter. Remain focused on the future of the mother and child.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In some ways I'm qualified, in some ways I'm not. But life is what happens to you while you're making other plans. And one important key is adapting to circumstances, which strengthen character. Sometimes, circumstances make you have to change who you are. And in my life, I've endured through so much, with the iron will of Rocky Balboa, that has made me the strong spirited wise person I am today.

So I may not be the best qualified father, but when I have to be, I will be the best father that I can.

Whatever the case, I will never live in fear, even though weirdos like chemist want me to be.

By the way, chemist does NOT make constructive arguments. He says the weirdest things to me in private email. More recently, he claimed to know Dianne's sister better than Dianne and me! No normal person would make such a claim, period. And he's also been wrong in all his statements about everyone in my life, giving him a near 0 percent accuracy rate. His credibility, I'm afraid, has dipped to below zero now. See the flaming/bashing board where I will post the proof. I already got the smoking gun that discredits him.

I was listening to my spiritual guru Wayne Dyer the other night by audio. He said something wise and wonderful. He said that when he gives lectures to a thousand people, he gets a thousand opinions and reputations. But you know what? He is unaffected by any of them, including the positive ones about him. Deep down, he believes in himself, and is only accountable to himself, his family, and God.

And that's the attitude I ought to have too.

And he also emphasized that other people's opinions are just that, nothing more. They are not truth, at least not your truth. And you have a choice whether you will be affected by them or not.

And he pointed out that being affected by other's opinions is a form of weakness.

His voice is so soothing and wise, it puts me in another dimension.

I recommend you all listen to him too.
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Re: Debate

Post by LukeSkywalker »

busybear33 wrote:The discussion board consists of advisors, critics and supporters. I am a neutral third-party.

The critics and supporters argue about personal differences, except for the user named Chemist. Chemist remains focused on relevant and constructive arguements to make a set of points. The other critics make personal insults while the supporters never question Mr. Wu and his endeavors.

We can spend countless hours arguing about the integrity, personality, spirituality, social and sexual activities of Mr. Winston Wu. These arguements are pointless and will continue to the end of time.

Winston Wu will be a father in the year 2008. The critics and supporters must formerly address the welfare of the mother and child. Please avoid insulting the child. The child is innocent.

For the sake of the debate, the advisors are exempt from making comments. The debate welcomes arguements from both sides: the critics and the supporters.

I beg the following set of questions for the debate.

1. Is Mr. Winston Wu qualified to be a provider of his family?
2. Is Mr. Winston Wu qualified to serve as a role model of his family?

Please refrain from making personal insults. Please make constructive arguements that lead to a point. The birth of a child and raising a family is a serious matter. Remain focused on the future of the mother and child.
You sure are a busy little bear, arent you?

I don't understand why you think you can make a cute little debate of his kid and his personal life and other stuff that is none of your business.

Go step in a bear trap.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

chemist--just go away.

Go get some experience in life and develope some judgement. No one cares to hear you're stupid debate!

You've got nothing to add here. Go AWAY.
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

I don't agree with you, busyear (aka chemist). There are a number of people on this forum that respond to Winston with thoughtful and constructive criticism. Such people would include myself, shrbbws, frankly006 and a number of others.

You seem to be really interested in formal and informal logic. Logic is a great tool, but it doesn't belong in every conversation. That would be boring. Sometimes the most beautiful things in life are irrational and chaotic.

As far as your proposal to start a debate about Winston and his future as a parent, that is not logical; it's just a little immature and vulture-like to tell the truth. Are you a parent?
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Like Winston said:

"In some ways I'm qualified, in some ways I'm not"

and that says it all....and that is also what is true for all of us.

Get a broader perspective on life, chemist.