Where to start?!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
leeshu
Freshman Poster

Where to start?!

Post by leeshu »

I don't know where to start on this. I'm skittish about looking for wife especially if I don't know who she is. I mean if I meet a foreign woman what's to stop her from going out with me and seeing me just so that she can get a green card?! I'm not looking for something for short-term, but then again I don't want to be pressured to get married. Does anyone have any advice?

I live in a small city in Texas. There aren't a lot if women who are interested in moving here.

So, where do I start? Seems as though this whole thing is so nebulous and huge. Do I look for a certain country first? Are there websites I could go to instead of visiting the country? Do you have any suggestions?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

The smartest approach to a healthy marriage is to be friends with your wife or husband first. There are many married couples that aren't friends. How can you be married to someone & not be friends with them??

There's alot of people that have tighter bonds with their friends than with their spouses. A good question to ask yourself is, can I be friends with someone like her? Everything should be natural & unarrested. Life's a risk though, nothing's set in stone so it's good to approach marriage in a smart way because our emotions can cloud our judgemnt sometimes.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where to start?!

Post by Jester »

leeshu wrote:I don't know where to start on this. I'm skittish about looking for wife especially if I don't know who she is. I mean if I meet a foreign woman what's to stop her from going out with me and seeing me just so that she can get a green card?! I'm not looking for something for short-term, but then again I don't want to be pressured to get married. Does anyone have any advice?

I live in a small city in Texas. There aren't a lot if women who are interested in moving here.

So, where do I start? Seems as though this whole thing is so nebulous and huge. Do I look for a certain country first? Are there websites I could go to instead of visiting the country? Do you have any suggestions?
4 questions:

do you like your small town and want to stay there?

what do you do for a living?

what race and religion are you?

what are the main 3 things in a woman that turn you on?
leeshu
Freshman Poster

Post by leeshu »

Well, I love in a small city-- not a small town. There's good and bad things about this place, but I'd like to move in the future. My ex-wife and I have joint custody of our 10 year old daughter. There's a clause in our divorce decree that says whoever moves out of town loses custody. My daughter and I are very close, so I'm not moving until she is 18, at the earliest.

I'm an eye doctor with my own practice here in town.

I'm Caucasian, and not religious at all. I've always thought religion as something very personal, not to be shared with anyone else. But I was born and raised Jewish.

The three things that turn me on most about a woman is:
1) Her mind. I need to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation with her.
2) Trustworthiness. A relationship is much easier if the truth is told and lies are avoided.
3) Loyalty. I want someone who is going to still be there when there are tough times.