The Happier Abroad Window

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Robert Kiyosaki and others wealthy opinionated rich people frequently talk about colonies and guns. Its pretty funny.... I can't blame them they are trying to educate the public. But large swaths of the public are ignorant to the realities of our financial system and now to navigate it properly.

Yes the window of opportunity is closing but for not the reasons you think.

You have time, not much of it, but you do have it. One key is to get out of the US before they try to restrict movement. Stories are already appearing of people being restricted from traveling outside of the US. When re-entering the US from Mexico I was asked a series of questions, so I know they are ramping this up.

Silver is right however, making excuses is easy to do. Its about flow of money. You need to be able to save, you need to be able to use the options available to you to make money. Anything less is making an excuse. It is tough to save on an income average $300-$450 a month, you try it before you wanna jump on my case about my plans. But it simply about the money you have, earn and where it goes.

You don't have to account for every single penny, but you should be working towards a goal. School is basically useless, if you're not learning how to become a business owner or entrepreneur then you are learning a skill to help somebody else become rich, not yourself.

Lots of places online can help you earn the money you need to travel overseas and live in-country for several months. But I have come to terms with the fact that most people will be left behind.

There a dozens if not thousands of ways to earn a buck without working hard at all. When my second blog finally re-opens we will be talking more about this with people who have already done it.

And yes I am employing some of these already.

Walls and Enclosed fencing is going up all over the place around here. Business must be booming for those that build walls, fences and security systems.

There's a industry you can enter, making a ton of money, get out before the sh*t hits the fan by selling it. Take those profits and head for greener pastures.

I wouldn't worry about the window closing, if you can get to anywhere in the next decade you'll be fine.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: The Happier Abroad Window

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jester wrote:I think EuroBrat, no longer posting here, had been in the security door and security system business, and had done well. Yes, it should be a good field, more and more.

Debt-free homestead in a Kalispell redoubt... I am practically gagging with anger... my family sold the last 150 acre intact farm on the Whitefish River... just outside Kalispell... my wife and I opposed the sale but had no voice, no money... grandparents' nursing home had to be paid... noone lived on the farm... no real jobs up there at the time... land hadnt been given to our generation, even enough for a house... a couple of us cousins would have moved there... as it is, money was dissipated over the years... now no farm, no refuge...
{shaking head}

The local currency thing is a great article, thanks... it's an idea to propagate... I love that it excludes corporate chains...
Reading that triggered some strange emotion...
Over the decades, there's been plenty of money and opportunities dissipated away :twisted: in my family, too.
I think I'll use your phrase for it, instead of what I'd been calling it. :D

I'm wondering if it's feasible for a group of a few dozen people (shareholders) to form a company or trust that owns a town (all land and buildings), and that would keep them from getting frivorced out of their own home(stead).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Happier Abroad Window

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Jester wrote:I think EuroBrat, no longer posting here, had been in the security door and security system business, and had done well. Yes, it should be a good field, more and more.

Debt-free homestead in a Kalispell redoubt... I am practically gagging with anger... my family sold the last 150 acre intact farm on the Whitefish River... just outside Kalispell... my wife and I opposed the sale but had no voice, no money... grandparents' nursing home had to be paid... noone lived on the farm... no real jobs up there at the time... land hadnt been given to our generation, even enough for a house... a couple of us cousins would have moved there... as it is, money was dissipated over the years... now no farm, no refuge...
{shaking head}

The local currency thing is a great article, thanks... it's an idea to propagate... I love that it excludes corporate chains...
Reading that triggered some strange emotion...
Over the decades, there's been plenty of money and opportunities dissipated away :twisted: in my family, too.
I think I'll use your phrase for it, instead of what I'd been calling it. :D

I'm wondering if it's feasible for a group of a few dozen people (shareholders) to form a company or trust that owns a town (all land and buildings), and that would keep them from getting frivorced out of their own home(stead).
Good idea, I think it will work, probably easier to create if there is some common bond among shareholders. Kiwanis club, church, militia/sheriff,,, I dont know.