English teaching job acquired!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

+1000
Great info
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

So I've made it back china, it's interesting being back... just being here though a little jet lagged, I'm already filled with hope for the future something that didn't exist back home.

Staying in multi-roomed apartment though I'm a little annoyed, no cups towels or anything to work with here, I'll have to get some once I convert some currency.

I'm going to meet up with bo3ing later today, we'll be getting some lunch ect, though I know he hates this city...I still think it's better than America even if it is Beijing at least if nothing more, I can look down any given street and see ONE thin attractive woman.

My visa will be changed in 40 days, but I must run a physical test first, not quite sure how they'll go about it, they will probably fabricate a degree for me, I didn't ask, but they have connections.

training starts in 2 days, that gives me a little bit to fix my sleeping cycle and get fat off the local food, maybe find a gym.

besides the lit match smell in the air, it's a nice day, but then again, everyday away from America is a nice day!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

magnum wrote:So I've made it back china
Nice man good for you!
magnum wrote:I can look down any given street and see ONE thin attractive woman.
yes!
Keep posting details please.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The_Adventurer wrote:That is GREAT news Magnum! I had to come back just to congratulate you on that one. These are the kinds of stories HA needs more of. People really DOING IT. Your situation was starting to sound dismal enough that I was beginning to worry. I am glad you will be in China rather than on that African battlefield.

I been to Chongqing once. My sister got married there. I was only there three days, so it's not like I got a real feel for the place, but it looked nice. It was not unlike many other places I visited, and I've been all over China.

Get ready to have a great time. Relax and go with the flow. Most importantly, use your free time to continue building a better future. As mentioned above, there area a few other expats here to call on in times of need.
I agree with T_A here: Magnum was suicidal like my boy Zombie Juice from FlatBush ZoMBiEs. #LOL I'm glad he's rising out of the ashes like a PHX. Magnum, White privilege works wonders, guy. If you looked like Don Cheadle or Kevin Hart that sounded like James Earl Jones or the AllState-commercial Black dude, you still wouldn't have acquired the job. So Mr. Matt Damon...Mr. Johnny Depp of HA.....Congrats! :-D
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Current job offer is 7k rmb for 32 hours and a apartment valued to 1500 rmb, might have a chance at another job for 8k working 20 hours and a apartment valued at 2500 rmb... needless to say, I'm looking in to it, but among the chaos, and living in the apartments owned by the school I signed a contract with, I'm not so sure if I"ll pull out at this state, tomorrow training starts...however the other school did say they would pay for the ticket from Beijing to Chongqing, so...we'll see what happens

Oh and MY GOD the women here give me hope... even the ugly women have nice bodies...

haven't even attempted to date anyone, no point until I get to Chongqing, but I gotta say... when you actually do say a "hot girl in regards to local standards....my god.. it makes your heart skip a beat, but then again I have the same taste in women as local Chinese, young and rail thin, makes things more difficult though.

Gotta get my self to a gym before the food takes my ab definition away, jet lag is killing me woke up at 4 am and it's 5 pm right now, but I might still hit the gym, it's 500 rmb for a month, I wont get the full month because I must leave after 2 weeks, however...it's worth it not to get fat... and maintain my muscle so... looks like I"m paying 80$ USD for 2 weeks of training!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

magnum wrote:Current job offer is 7k rmb for 32 hours and a apartment valued to 1500 rmb, might have a chance at another job for 8k working 20 hours and a apartment valued at 2500 rmb... needless to say, I'm looking in to it, but among the chaos, and living in the apartments owned by the school I signed a contract with, I'm not so sure if I"ll pull out at this state, tomorrow training starts...however the other school did say they would pay for the ticket from Beijing to Chongqing, so...we'll see what happens

Oh and MY GOD the women here give me hope... even the ugly women have nice bodies...

haven't even attempted to date anyone, no point until I get to Chongqing, but I gotta say... when you actually do say a "hot girl in regards to local standards....my god.. it makes your heart skip a beat, but then again I have the same taste in women as local Chinese, young and rail thin, makes things more difficult though.

Gotta get my self to a gym before the food takes my ab definition away, jet lag is killing me woke up at 4 am and it's 5 pm right now, but I might still hit the gym, it's 500 rmb for a month, I wont get the full month because I must leave after 2 weeks, however...it's worth it not to get fat... and maintain my muscle so... looks like I"m paying 80$ USD for 2 weeks of training!
The gym memberships are insane in China! I got ripped-off for buying into a membership at a newly-created gym in Jinhua that hadn't even been opened yet, but when I was told by my agency to go to Shenzhen, I could not get my money back! Grrrr.....I was really pissed about that!

And you know what? It cost me 1350 yuan or about (200+ U.S. dollars). What a rip-off!
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Ouch, I don't even have the cash to spend the 500 rmb, but I will do it anyway to save my muscle mass.... I did a in house work out today, nearly killed me, the air lack of water and food are hitting me hard, ironically I'm looking ripped as ever though, but still, gotta get a handle on things.

training starts tomorrow, from 12am to 6:30 pm, at least I get paid for it, though I may pull a fast one if this other company pulls through.

house work outs wont cut it forever, I may have to start resorting to water bottles for weights here soon
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I should post a photo of what OKCupid thought I'd be interested here (in the UK). I don't know why it thinks I'd be interested in land whales!!!

I gotta get back to China some time, but I want a final fling of my IT career before I move into teaching.

Do you have to do the Chinese "body check" to get the visa? Yeah, that was an interesting experience!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Most gyms in China are trash. You won't get fat no matter what you eat anyway. Save that precious money until you have a safety net in case of a medical emergency.

Do Navy seal sit-ups. You don't need weights for abs. Most Chinese women don't like big muscles anyway. They only like sexy abs. Game still wins overall though. You are white too. Too easy.

Use your money for bottle water. Don't drink out the tap unless it is boiled first or you might regret it.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I've noticed I lose my ab definition but don't get fat unless I SUPER over do it.

Looking around, I honestly don't think muscle will hurt, even if it isn't going to help, besides it's for me not just them.

But I've resorted to doing a lot of body weight exercises

it will only last for so long, I need to figure something out, looking like a rail wont attract women in any country, despite the fact money is king, if you want to keep the queen in your own bed sheets and not just in your wallet you may want to look good to right?

time to find some steamed dumplings and pretend it wont hurt my ab definition !
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

So, quick update, I'll be doing a written test tomorrow, later in the day I'll be doing a demo class to adults pretending to be kids, I feel a little iffy about it, I'm not normally good at that kind of thing, but I'm going to give it my best.

The other night they "fixed my lock" that wasn't broken... the key broke off in to the lock..but the key was a weak indoor key, not a outdoor key that's thick for the heavy chinese locks, so I ended up spending the night in a freezing stair well, yay....

The guy actually asked me to pay for the lock when I ended up being locked out due to him replacing the lock.... I might not do it, he's only asking 120$ but wtf, locked out all night, are you insane.

Beijing sucks, I can tell my face is drawn from the air, I can tell it's starting to effect my health now, I can't wait to change locations.

The air is so bad you can actually look at the sun, and it wont hurt your eyes....

anyway, this post should start getting more positive in about 8 days!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good stuff - I lost weight in China, then put it on again in Thailand.

My life is burning out in farangland, maybe I should bite the bullet and become a teacher. Everyone in China thought I was a teacher anyway.

The setting sun was always orange in Guangzhou - that seemed a bit weird!

And yes, OKCupid is still sending me horrendous matches. I gotta leave this place man.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I would, at least unless your going to study Chinese like a major
then I'd do that and your sure to land a better job if you can speak 100% Perfect chinese
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

this update will be quick.

My throat is sore, I think I got a cold...I'm trying hard to get protein in but it's difficult as hell.

I passed my demo class, tomorrow I teach a little for real with real kids, we'll see what happens, but i think I have it in the bag!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Pickled ginger is good for colds (and keeping them at bay) - you'll find it in any sushi restaurant.

Chinese girls also like sushi - watch them eat those baby octopuses whole!!!

Keep posting updates. I am getting the travel bug again.