Homesteading

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Homesteading

Post by Teal Lantern »

Could come in handy for supply disruptions or when the processed food cos start using even more sawdust .. um .. cellulose as food extender. :evil:

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Interview with self-sufficiency author Richard Bryant about his book
"When There is No FEMA -- Survival for Normal People in (Very) Abnormal Times".

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I have a much simpler approach. Marry a woman from outside the West. Then it will be very likely that someone in her family will know how to farm. Buy a farm and find a way to get that person to join you there to run the farm. This is exactly what I am working on right now. I plan to buy a farm (in California to be near the Karaite synagogue) and have my wife's brother join us there to run it.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Interesting times in the 'sphere.

10 Reasons You Should Become A Survivalist
http://www.returnofkings.com/31761/10-r ... urvivalist

(double checks url) :shock:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

For those in the Los Angeles area, you can look up "Christopher Nyerges" if you want to learn wilderness foraging skills. If you can't tell the difference between hemlock and parsley, you should probably attend some classes before foraging for salad.

For small game, Turner's has Ruger 10/22 for $200 and the take-down version for $325 on sale today. Google for reviews, and be warned that if you don't pass the background check, you may forfeit the 30% deposit as restocking fee. 22LR can be purchased at many ranges at inflated prices.

p.s. the Winchester Bandit 9 safe is also on sale at Turner's. ALWAYS keep your pew pew's locked in a big, heavy safe (preferably bolted into the ground/wall) at home. The lightweight safe's are crap and many can be opened by simply dropping it at an angle.

Return to “North America, Domestic Relocation”