Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Yes. He is funny and brilliant. Forgive his rash behavior. This forum isn't the same without him.
56%
No. He is a wacko and racist and contributes nothing useful to this forum. We are better off without his vulgar rantings.
44%

Total votes: 55
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I think Odbo could be the same guy that Stickman Bangkok's featured recently. He scribbles incoherent diagrams on Sukhumvit street furniture, but you know, they might just be the plans to a pollution free power station or a space ship that could take us to Mars in 3 days.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrPeabody wrote:Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.
Kinda reinforces the reptile people theory...its not about intelligence...more about being a hateful
little weeny....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok so what's the popular opinion now? Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum? Should he be unbanned?

It looks like from the poll that the majority are saying yes now.

If you haven't voted yet, please do.

There are some new posters now that like him and favor him back it seems.

viewtopic.php?t=22624
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D
Time to Hide!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D
Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D
Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns
This is supposed to be a free speech forum, so it is a simple matter of people who don't like free speech switching to other forums where their fragile egos are protected. One can sympathize with them in many cases. In the case of the affirmative action classes, imagine attending a university you don't belong at, getting grades you don't deserve, getting a degree you didn't earn and getting an AA welfare job where everyone you deal with knows you are a total fraud but have to pretend you are legit through clenched teeth in order to keep their own jobs. That must wear on you, so the only chance people in that position have to cling to some vestige of self-respect is to hysterically deny reality. Posters like Odbo puncture that pretense, so it is understandable that the AA crowd become upset, but their being upset should not prevent the rest of us from getting to the truth of the matter.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster

Post by ElReyBoludo »

zboy1 wrote:
Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?
I am a long-time lurker precisely because of this subject. I could discuss with you at length some of my criticisms of the site about the topic, but you would probably just ban me once I told you stuff that you don't want to hear. You have a reputation for being rather trigger-happy with that banhammer.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Didn't read all through 5 pages of this thread, just going to post here what I'm feeling at the moment.

I cringed at some of Odbo's posts, but I laughed out loud too.

I miss him.

Yeah, I'm White, sort of, so I am not in the position of those minority (so-called minority) members who he may have offended. (OK, did offend.)

But yeah I miss him.

I don't like the fights, but I do like the humor.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.
Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol
:lol:

Good one!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.
Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Just bring him back already. Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
LOL

OK make Odbo the mod for a day. Or no, maybe his own NSFW section.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

If for no other reason, the hilarious graphics he comes up with. Bring him back.