TLC 90-DAY FIANCE - CASTING NEW COUPLES!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
JulietteK1
Freshman Poster

TLC 90-DAY FIANCE - CASTING NEW COUPLES!

Post by JulietteK1 »

Have you found your one true love abroad? Was the man or woman of your dreams simply overseas? If you and your foreign fiancé are looking to walk down the aisle in America, we want to be there! TLC is currently seeking couples to feature on our docu-series 90 Day Fiancé that follows the day-to-day efforts of couples planning to enter the U.S. on a K-1 Visa. Any age, ethnicity, and gender may apply. If interested in sharing your unique journey, please email us at k1showcasting@gmail.com.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok ok. You didn't need to post this announcement on 6 boards. One was enough. lol. I removed the other ones.

Is this only for couples in the US? What about abroad? We have man such couples here. Perhaps they can apply.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
JulietteK1
Freshman Poster

Post by JulietteK1 »

Hi Winston,

Thanks for replying! We are currently looking to film only in the US so we need one half of the couple to be American.
We're getting close to locking casting so if you know anyone who is interested, have them email us very soon at k1showcasting@gmail.com!

Thank you and let me know if you have questions!

Juliette
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Juliette,
Well I have a girlfriend in the Philippines and am currently in the US now. Can I apply? How would I be filmed? Would you come to my area or fly me over to yours?

I'll send your announcement to my email list too. Thanks.

Btw, our friend Mark Davis and his wife Anna are in Los Angeles and I'm sure would love to be on your show. You can contact him on his website at http://www.dreamconnections.com

Also, our friends from AFA, Kenneth Agee and John Adams, would love to be on your show too.

http://www.loveme.com/information/Kenneth_Agee.shtml
http://www.loveme.com/information/John_Adams.shtml
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:Hi Juliette,
Well I have a girlfriend in the Philippines and am currently in the US now. Can I apply? How would I be filmed? Would you come to my area or fly me over to yours?

I'll send your announcement to my email list too. Thanks.

Btw, our friend Mark Davis and his wife Anna are in Los Angeles and I'm sure would love to be on your show. You can contact him on his website at http://www.dreamconnections.com

Also, our friends from AFA, Kenneth Agee and John Adams, would love to be on your show too.

http://www.loveme.com/information/Kenneth_Agee.shtml
http://www.loveme.com/information/John_Adams.shtml
The show wants K1 visa applicants. Therefore Mark and Anna - married for several years - wouldn't be there target. And unless you are intending to apply for a K1 visa for your Filipina "gf" - you would not either.

OTOH, if you take out the KI and get on the show - that I would watch!
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

Winston, what they are specifically trying to film, is the arrival of your girl on a K1 fiance visa into the usa... and the resulting culture shock and emotional tension of trying to arrange a marriage within the 90 day window specified by that visa.
JulietteK1
Freshman Poster

Details

Post by JulietteK1 »

Hi everyone,

davewe and quito are correct, we are looking for people who are in the process of getting the K1 Visa and couples where the fiance(e) is coming over to the US between May and July.
If you know anyone in that situation please tell them to email us at k1showcasting@gmail.com

Thanks so much for all your help!

Juliette
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh I see. Well I'm sure Mark Davis and AFA both have couples they can submit to the show. I'll let them know.

To Juliette:

Btw, could you ask your program directors on TLC if they'd be willing to do a documentary on our Happier Abroad movement? We are a group of people spreading awareness in America that one can find social connection and friendlier women overseas. No other serious movement out there tells people that they can solve their loneliness problems by going abroad. We are the only ones.

It's a taboo subject and has received no coverage in the media. So perhaps you can see if TLC would be willing to be the first station to cover this movement? It would be groundbreaking for sure. Try to run it by your program director and see. I also have 38 hours of video abroad in Russia that you can use for a documentary.

Btw, just curious, how did you find our forum? What did you Google to find us?

Thanks,
Winston

JulietteK1
Freshman Poster

Post by JulietteK1 »

Hi Winston,

I will mention your idea to our development department!

I found you guys through Google, I think I typed dating overseas and found a page from one of your forums.

Thank you so much for your help!

Juliette
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Juliette,
Thanks. Hope you're not just saying that to be polite. :) Anyway, here is a new description I wrote for our Facebook group that you can send to your development team or program director. I will also post your announcement to our Facebook group. Thanks!
"Welcome to HappierAbroad. We are a group for people who are Happier Abroad because we experience far better social connection, dating, relationships, freedom, authenticity, confidence, self-esteem, and lower cost of living overseas than in North America (or other Western countries). Our website is at http://www.HappierAbroad.com

As all who are aware know, modern American culture and society has become very toxic, insane and soulless. People are paranoid, uptight, inauthentic and the social environment is extremely isolating and disconnected. There is no human connection in America. You can't even talk to strangers or socialize anymore. Communication is now strictly for business only.

All this is totally unprecedented in that never before in thousands of years of human history have people been so isolated and disconnected. It's not normal or natural at all. Thus modern America is an aberration. (And even in America, it was not like this prior to the 1980's.)

Fortunately, it is not like this in most of the other 200 countries of the world outside America. And that's the Good News, for it means that one can still go abroad to experience a better, healthier and saner life. Thus we promote this as the only real solution that works.

As the libertarian author Harry Browne stated:

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

This is the logic and philosophy we live by. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Yet we seem to be the only ones proposing this solution. While even the US media acknowledges the social isolation and disconnection in America, it has no solution to it (but we do) because recommending people to leave the country and go overseas is taboo and unpatriotic. So it is not ever considered by either the mainstream media or the alternative media.

Even the conspiracy subculture groups and New Age groups do not advocate this as a solution. For some reason, it's the most taboo solution or suggestion. So we are the only ones left to promote it.

Plus there is this fallacy and false assumption in America that America = The World, and therefore, all the problems and dysfunctions in America are the same everywhere else. Even the conspiracy subculture and alternative media assume this. But I swear to you that nothing could be further from the truth. There are many countless differences between America and other cultures, both major and minor, and are listed on our website at HappierAbroad.com. These are life-changing differences. Just look at the testimonials on our site, as well as the photos and videos, and you will see absolute proof of this.

So if you believe in our cause, we welcome you on board. :) You may visit our website and forum at:

http://www.happierabroad.com

Sincerely,
Winston Wu and the HappierAbroad Team"

JulietteK1
Freshman Poster

Post by JulietteK1 »

Thank you Winston!
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

I'm filing a k1 but her k1 approval won't be till September or October . I think they are looking for sooner arrivals than that.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

You might want to think about how a Happier-Abroad themed show would be done, given how diverse we are. With the 90 Day Fiancee, you have a lot of tension and drama, all built around couples who are petty much in the same boat--decide if you want to get married, within a 90-day time frame, or she has to go back to her country. It is almost like a game show. With Happier Abroad--would it just be about a bunch of guys relaxing on a beach in the Philippines? We don't quite have the urgent drama. Maybe someone can propose something?
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Having watched the first 4 episodes--I can see where this show is an excellent advertisement for seeking love abroad. If it were me, I think that I would be reluctant to sign up--the couples seem like they are under enough pressure, and being constantly filmed for a documentary can only make it worse. Plus, you (or your family members) risk looking like complete idiots on national television. People who were on the show must be reading the online comments. Apparently, everyone in the country is convinced that the guy from Oklahoma is a closeted gay. Okies are probably very sensitive about being thought gay. Unless the TV network paid them a lot, to compensate for the possible national embarrassment.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston, would you be ready to tie the knot without the show? If you were on the show, you could promote the website. Of course, any activities you'd been involved in, say on visit to Asia, posted on the website might get some media attention.