no longer posted

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Have you had to deal with racism in America?

Poll ended at April 24th, 2014, 12:10 pm

yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 13
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Racist and Embarrassing

Post by S_Parc »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
S_Parc wrote:I had an experience at a Brazilian buffet where some guy in the line was trying to make a dog/pony show, in front of another gal (I suppose his date), because he couldn't understand why a Brazilian place would have sushi in the offerings. He was attempting to sound funny in an ignorant way. Well ... I politely told him that the largest Japanese diaspora was in Brazil and then he quickly turned red, looked away, and didn't say a word until he was out of the line.
The ignorance about Brazil in the U.S. is never ending...oh man the dumb things i have heard from Americans...from thinking they speak Spanish in Brazil to thinking that there are no Black or White people in Brazil and that Brazilians were some brown race.They think the capital is Rio De Janeiro or they think that all of Brazil is this big jungle.
You should be ecstatic that the majority of Americans are ignorant of Brazilians.
Do you want Brazilians to come to the u.s. Of gay en masse?? ...so that they can bring that stupid u.s. Of gay bull rock back to Brazil at a way faster rate than now???? Nope. I love Bush and Dickhead Cheney for forcing Brazilians to apply for a u.s, tourist visa nowadays and reject most of them. That's more non feminized bunda awaiting us virtuous, upstanding men.
As much as I hate to concur with anything Bush/Cheney ever did, I do agree that it's better if fewer Brazilian women come to the US.

Once Brazilian women get a taste of how easy it is, to get an investment banker or NFL player (see Tom Brady) in Boston, versus the near impossibility of pulling that off in Sao Paulo, Yankee-fication starts to happen.

I've been seeing it in my neck of the woods, as Brazilians tend to be hotter than the local girls and before you know it, they start to think that they're Gisele Bundchen.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

ElReyBoludo wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Not. Hogwash. ...because Hispanics from Central America are racist to anybody whom doesn't have that indigenous hawk nose that speaks "spangazteca". God forbid that someone speaks Spanish properly....then they say, "Ud no habla español bien" or simply "no entiendo" classic just to demoralize me and/or to retain the supremacist delusion that "real" Hispanics have a monopoly on the Spanish idiom. Orrrrrrr because they are too ignorant to understand my proper Spanish. Like I said, most Hispanics are from the lower echelon of Latinoamerica so their Spanish is very mitigated due to their poor background. Proper Spanish is valued in the upper echelon of Latinoamerica....especially in Colombia, Quito EC and the 'guays. Like ladislav said, Spanish is expected out of you in latinoamerica!!! Brasil tambem. When it comes to brasilian Porto.

I used to date a Panamanian-Italian-American c,unt and criticized me for speaking proper Spanish. En serio?? See...I loathe linguistic ignorance like that.
...Huh?

I'm not from Central America- I'm Argentine. And your attempts at both English and Spanish are completely unintelligible. You shouldn't be bragging about bilingualism when you can't even master your own native language.

Is there anybody here who can translate this ebonics-pseudo-Spanglish-textspeak bunch of gibberish stew into something legible?
Whatever you say, ElPatoBoludo.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

ElReyBoludo wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Not. Hogwash. ...because Hispanics from Central America are racist to anybody whom doesn't have that indigenous hawk nose that speaks "spangazteca". God forbid that someone speaks Spanish properly....then they say, "Ud no habla español bien" or simply "no entiendo" classic just to demoralize me and/or to retain the supremacist delusion that "real" Hispanics have a monopoly on the Spanish idiom. Orrrrrrr because they are too ignorant to understand my proper Spanish. Like I said, most Hispanics are from the lower echelon of Latinoamerica so their Spanish is very mitigated due to their poor background. Proper Spanish is valued in the upper echelon of Latinoamerica....especially in Colombia, Quito EC and the 'guays. Like ladislav said, Spanish is expected out of you in latinoamerica!!! Brasil tambem. When it comes to brasilian Porto.

I used to date a Panamanian-Italian-American c,unt and criticized me for speaking proper Spanish. En serio?? See...I loathe linguistic ignorance like that.
...Huh?

I'm not from Central America- I'm Argentine. And your attempts at both English and Spanish are completely unintelligible. You shouldn't be bragging about bilingualism when you can't even master your own native language.

Is there anybody here who can translate this ebonics-pseudo-Spanglish-textspeak bunch of gibberish stew into something legible?
"Ebonics"? What does African American vernacular and colloquialisms have to do with this conversation you are having with E Irizarry?In your sentence "I'm not from Central America..." A comma or a period would probably be more appropriate than a hyphen after the word "America".
Last edited by skateboardstephen on April 16th, 2014, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

ElCagaDeMierda wrote: And your attempts at both English and Spanish are completely unintelligible. You shouldn't be bragging about bilingualism when you can't even master your own native language
Oye ElVerdaderoChimboBoludo,

Q conste q de lo siguiente: a conjunction is never allowed to begin a sentence, you unmitigated peon, alas you beginning a sentence with the word "and".¿Quiere más "quid pro quo"? Mejor Ud. le ve por vencido mientras Ud está delante.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
ElCagaDeMierda wrote: And your attempts at both English and Spanish are completely unintelligible. You shouldn't be bragging about bilingualism when you can't even master your own native language
Oye ElVerdaderoChimboBoludo,

Q conste q de lo siguiente: a conjunction is never allowed to begin a sentence, you unmitigated peon, alas you beginning a sentence with the word "and".¿Quiere más "quid pro quo"? Mejor Ud. le ve por vencido mientras Ud está delante.
That's true.I'm guilty of doing the same thing and i should know better.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster

Post by ElReyBoludo »

mit·i·gate
ˈmitəˌgāt/
verb
past tense: mitigated; past participle: mitigated

make less severe, serious, or painful.
"he wanted to mitigate misery in the world"
synonyms: alleviate, reduce, diminish, lessen, weaken, lighten, attenuate, take the edge off, allay, ease, assuage, palliate, relieve, tone down More

pe·on
ˈpēˌän,ˈpēən/
noun
noun: peon; plural noun: peons

a Spanish-American day laborer or unskilled farm worker.

If I have your ghettospeak deciphered correctly, I'm being called an eased, alleviated farmer? :lol: Whatever you say, you triangle-shaped blue jackal!

This shit is almost as funny as the broken Spanglish PM you sent me in which you threatened me, attempted to provoke me into a real-life fight, (apparently?), called me a duck, and then called yourself an n*****.

I should follow your advice and quit bothering you; after all, it's not very kind to make fun of the mentally ill.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ElReyBoludo, you're attack on E_Irizzary was unwarranted and needless. Calm down, or I'll have to temp ban you from this forum...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Guys!!!!!

Please let's get back on track with the topic of the thread!
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

Lol I am actually confused. What happened to the topic
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

DanielleNguyen wrote:Lol I am actually confused. What happened to the topic
The problem is there are too many trolls and worthless posters on HA! But whiners like Rock want it to be this way: disorganized and full-of-complainers and idiots like Odbo (Rock actually wanted him back), while good posters (like Kai--who greatly dislikes Rock, btw--Repatriate and Falcon) stay away from this forum in droves...
argaluza
Freshman Poster

Post by argaluza »

No, I wouldn't bring my half-Chinese kids to be brought up in the UK.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

my husband and I are expecting. Our son or daughter will be half vietnamese
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

My Chinese born ex-girlfriend moved to Canada and bought a business here five years ago. She moved here with her son, not knowing anyone, and speaking only a few words of English. She has braved many brutal prairie winters, and has managed to run a successful business and acquire other properties.

I greatly admire and respect her courage. A couple of years ago, when she opened her business one morning, there was a message scrawled on the door. It read: 'Go home you f*ckin Chinks'.

As her English was quite poor at the time, she asked me what it meant. After I told her, she wasn't angry, just disappointed and a little worried. I, of course, wanted to look on the security camera, find out who it was, and arrange an intimate meeting of a Louisville slugger with their redneck racist skulls.

This actually happened again about a year later. Both times she didn't want to get the police involved, as she feared reprisals. Then of course, there is the less obvious, subtle racism. You know, the condescending, like talking to a five year old child speech that people address minorities with. Of course, the white a-hole who struggled to obtain a GED doesn't realize he's probably talking to a doctor, nurse, engineer, or other highly educated person....makes me ashamed of my country sometimes.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

CrazyCanuck944 wrote:You know, the condescending, like talking to a five year old child speech that people address minorities with. Of course, the white a-hole who struggled to obtain a GED doesn't realize he's probably talking to a doctor, nurse, engineer, or other highly educated person....makes me ashamed of my country sometimes.
You have to realize, a lot of those types, in a place like Toronto, would be afraid to speak up in public. Thus, you'll see a more tight lipped version of that sort of behavior in the more cosmopolitan cities.

So thus, being in the outback, the redneck types tend to feel more emboldened, as they feel like they're on their own turf.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

Rednecks?