Impressions of Mexico

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Hey Jester, glad to see you're finally enjoying yourself outside California. It seems like it was just yesterday I was sitting at the pub with you enjoying a cold beer.
Miss you man. You're still in central Europe, right?
Yes in north Italy. Moving to Berlin soon.
IMO for a young man with EU roots, and with talent in business, no better place you could be choosing.

Godspeed.
Berlin is a pretty cool place. A big city cheaper than most small towns here in Italy. Italy hasn't been the best place to expat to in terms of people being open to foreigners. More unfriendly than I originally thought.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Northern Italy, at least Milan and Turin and Venice, are not known for being friendly to outsiders.

Munich IS.

I hope Berlin is like Munich. I bet it will be even better - international and all.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:Northern Italy, at least Milan and Turin and Venice, are not known for being friendly to outsiders.

Munich IS.

I hope Berlin is like Munich. I bet it will be even better - international and all.
I don't think so, I have been to Munich about 5 times. They're the richest and most conservative of all Germans. When I visited Berlin a few months ago I found Berliners to be the exact opposite.

What Berlin is going through right now is something similar to what happened to New York in the 1960's and 1970's. Even though I wasn't around at that time from what I have read it seems similar.

Also I don't know any capital city in the Western World with such high standards of living for such a low cost other than Berlin. Nothing else compares, hands down cheaper than even any second or even third tier US city.