If you're in another country, why do you still post here?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

If you're in another country, why do you still post here?

Post by Johnny1975 »

I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Johnny1975. Starting outstanding threads since 2012.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If you're in another country, why do you still post here

Post by zboy1 »

Johnny1975 wrote:I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Most of the people abroad don't post that much, nowadays, except for some people like Rock. Even I don't post that often, either.

Like I wrote in another thread started by Droid titled "Hard-Headed Abroad:"
"This website should be called "Angry and bitter at home!"

No wonder I think most of you guys are a joke: Angry, bitter, complaining, fighting-with-each-other, unhappy and racist and misogynist. That basically makes-up most of the HA members on this forum...Pathetic!

I'm having a pretty good time in China, and I've gotten to explore other parts of Asia, too! I'm really loving my life right now.

HEY GUYS! JUST GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE! DON'T STAY IN THE ANGLO WORLD FEELING ALL BITTER AND ANGRY--AND THEN DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT MOANING ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

zboy1 wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:I can understand Winston posting here because obviously it's his forum and he's doing it for a good cause. But if I was to move to another country with a better culture and better females, I really don't think I'd still be posting here. I'd probably not even spend much time online at all, unless I was doing something like running a small business. I'd just be enjoying life over there and I'd want to get as detached as possible from what I've left behind.

Most of the people abroad don't post that much, nowadays, except for some people like Rock. Even I don't post that often, either.

Like I wrote in another thread started by Droid titled "Hard-Headed Abroad:"
"This website should be called "Angry and bitter at home!"

No wonder I think most of you guys are a joke: Angry, bitter, complaining, fighting-with-each-other, unhappy and racist and misogynist. That basically makes-up most of the HA members on this forum...Pathetic!

I'm having a pretty good time in China, and I've gotten to explore other parts of Asia, too! I'm really loving my life right now.

HEY GUYS! JUST GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE! DON'T STAY IN THE ANGLO WORLD FEELING ALL BITTER AND ANGRY--AND THEN DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT MOANING ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It's that post that raised the question, but I didn't want to post it as a response because it might have come off differently, hence this thread.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some people abroad still come here to help people suffering in America and give them advice. Sometimes they come to meet other bros or to have HA meetups in their local area. Or they need advice on finding a job or deciding what town or city to live in. Some like the HA members here and just want to post updates to inspire others. Etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Maybe you could have a section especially for expats.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

A majority of the posters here are individual free thinkers and even if I don't agree with what they post most have interesting and unique things to say and viewpoints about their perceived reality that isn't completely fabricated from outside mainstream sources.

It's actually quite difficult to meet free-thinkers nowadays, we are a dying breed or barely treading water at best. It seems like there are a lot because of the internet and social media but in reality we are scattered all around the globe in small pockets and to find each other within reasonable travel distances of where we live outside of distance travel would be rare indeed.

Plus, I have a weird thing about loyalty to people that I consider a friend or have some unique connection with due to similar interests. Although I wouldn't agree with the way Winston conducts everything in his life, I understand his conundrums and his personal interests in metaphysical subjects outside of women and foreign travel. There are only a small percentage of people like this in the world that share similar interests with this kind of stuff. It's best to maintain contact over the long run than burn bridges and go separate ways. Since I have known Winston for around 10 years now I feel obligated to follow his activities and continue partaking with discussions on occasion.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Because not everything Abroad is a cake walk and people don't talk about the challenges or dangers one faces trying to live and work in Third World countries.In my city the police went on strike for two days,there were riots and they had to send in troops.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
RollingStone
Freshman Poster

Post by RollingStone »

Guys are just bragging and giving newbies the false ideas like, you can go and pick the best looking girl to be your wife.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

I would post here to inspire and inform, about the positives and the negatives of being Abroad and of being in Canada.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I posted a lot when I was in Asia.

I did also go out a lot. I can prove this because I witnessed 3 tremendous thunderstorms (15cm of rainfall each time) and on every occasion I was outside*.

I thought it was useful for guys to know what the countries I visited were REALLY like.

Plus it's freaking hot in SE Asia and it's just too hot to go out in the day.

Also it was nice to come on here and arrange meetings with other HA'ers who were out in the field.

I'll definitely go abroad again, and when my IT career comes to its natural end I'll probably end up becoming a teacher. Everyone in Asia thought I was a teacher anyway, so I might as well become one.

*This excludes the torrential downpours I saw when I was with Rock in Pattaya.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

I didn't post here while away. It was only after I decided East Europe wasn't the place for me that I decided to visit HA again. Its true...while you're having a good time in real life, internet isn't needed. In the future, I hope to completely eliminate my need for TV, computer, electricity, etc.

However, I understand that some people feel the need to connect to an expat community. I know a lot of people meet up with others in the same country by messaging others on expat type forums.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

TopSpruce wrote:I didn't post here while away.... Its true...while you're having a good time in real life, internet isn't needed.
^This.

I didn't visit HA much while I was abroad, nor did I make many posts on man-friendly sites. There was no need to; I was living the dream.

Circumstances led to my return to the U.S., but I don't plan on staying here long-term. In the meantime, it's good to visit a site like HA whenever I can to remind myself of the better life out there, one I lived before and intend to live again.

Among other things, I'm definitely looking forward to being once again in a place where women aren't openly hostile. Just a little while ago, while here at my local Starbucks, one of the baristas, an old hag with an attitude, came to my table to place a chair there and snapped "Move your feet!" I ignored her, kept my feet where they were, and she set the chair down and moved on. I then propped my feet on the chair. Thanks for the ottoman, bitch! :lol:
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Mr S wrote:A majority of the posters here are individual free thinkers and even if I don't agree with what they post most have interesting and unique things to say and viewpoints about their perceived reality that isn't completely fabricated from outside mainstream sources.

It's actually quite difficult to meet free-thinkers nowadays, we are a dying breed or barely treading water at best. It seems like there are a lot because of the internet and social media but in reality we are scattered all around the globe in small pockets and to find each other within reasonable travel distances of where we live outside of distance travel would be rare indeed.

Plus, I have a weird thing about loyalty to people that I consider a friend or have some unique connection with due to similar interests. Although I wouldn't agree with the way Winston conducts everything in his life, I understand his conundrums and his personal interests in metaphysical subjects outside of women and foreign travel. There are only a small percentage of people like this in the world that share similar interests with this kind of stuff. It's best to maintain contact over the long run than burn bridges and go separate ways. Since I have known Winston for around 10 years now I feel obligated to follow his activities and continue partaking with discussions on occasion.
Very true. The odd thing about the internet is a vast majority of it is designed to assimilate one into the borg. If find it quite odd to end up being able to use something I see as being potentially very harmful & have it end up being a very good way to connect once the proper filter & blinders are on.