Approachable faces BS

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Approachable faces BS

Post by Rock »

Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet they are mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Hall_of_Villains.htm

Some of the favorite people I've met in my life started out as very cold looking and very unapproachable.

And I think it's nonsense trying to judge a person's character through some still photos. So Winston, don't send me photos of people and ask me what I think. Photos can be very deceiving.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Approachable faces BS

Post by jamesbond »

Rock wrote:Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet their mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

Oh my God, I just read that for the first time (Winston must of just put it up recently) and I thought Winston said he was in love with some of those women (like Lyuba).

Winston, didn't Lyuba go with you to the hospital after you were beat up by those Russian guys? Isn't she is the one who stayed with you for hours and hours to make sure you were ok.

Now I find out that Winston actually hated a lot of the women that he earlier said he was in love with. WTF? :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet they are mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

Some of the favorite people I've met in my life started out as very cold looking and very unapproachable.

And I think it's nonsense trying to judge a person's character through some still photos. So Winston, don't send me photos of people and ask me what I think. Photos can be very deceiving.
You're not making sense Rock. I thought you loved truth? Yes they are approachable. Otherwise I wouldn't know them. Duh.

But approachable does not mean that they have good morals or conscience. That's a different matter. Con artists can be approachable too. And sometimes friends backstab each other. That happens a lot too.

Why are you mixing up unrelated things? What is BS here? The only BS here is from your mouth. You aren't making sense. I thought you were a rational person?

Yes they all did something wrong. I didn't say they were scum. That's a label you used. Anyone can do bad things in certain situations. Some people have a dark side that you don't see until later. Friends can backstab each other for various reasons. Nothing is in black and white. Haven't you ever been backstabbed or betrayed?

Even Jesus was betrayed by a close disciple. And his betrayer regretted it later.

Photos are often accurate. People give off vibes in photos. Why do you suck at reading people?

I didn't say that photos reveal everything. But they do reveal approachability. That's for sure.

Psychology experiments show that first impressions are 60 percent accurate. It was even on Dateline NBC.

You aren't making sense and aren't taking reality into account. I thought you were smarter and wiser than this. Strange.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
Rock wrote:Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet their mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

Oh my God, I just read that for the first time (Winston must of just put it up recently) and I thought Winston said he was in love with some of those women (like Lyuba).

Winston, didn't Lyuba go with you to the hospital after you were beat up by those Russian guys? Isn't she is the one who stayed with you for hours and hours to make sure you were ok.

Now I find out that Winston actually hated a lot of the women that he earlier said he was in love with. WTF? :shock:
I haven't updated that Hall of Villains page in years. I never said I was in love with Lyuba. She was always just a friend and a great conversationalist.

Yes Lyuba went to the police station to translate for me. But she was sort of cause of the mugging too. If she hadn't broken her promise to me, none of it would ever have happened. So I was pissed about that. Her broken promise endangered my life. She never apologized, so I was pissed and it led to an argument between us. In Russia people don't apologize after feuds. It's not in their character.

But she was also angry as well, because she appeared on national TV with me and thus people thought she was my girlfriend. She received flak from locals for dating an Asian guy. So she was not happy about that.

Sometimes friends get into arguments and fights. It's all in the past though. I've been meaning to call her to apologize and make up.

Don't see things in black and white. In reality, not all friends stick through thick and thin. Some friends are only there during good times, but not there during bad times. That's life.

The hall of villains photos represent a very small percentage of approachable women I met though. Most approachable women I met were not villains. They were just friendly flakes or casual dates.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Post by Bitch_Slapper »

Well Winston, I gotta say...

Those girls weren't what I would consider marriage material, but honestly... you did kinda ask for it.

I mean, gimme a break. What's this BS about "forced me against my will"? What, did they put a gun to your head? :roll:

And your fiance... geez, talk about getting no respect!

I don't know, maybe you just weren't a natural fit there. Seems like you didn't go in prepared either. Maybe you'd have better luck if you went now. WTF, just go for it! :lol:
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston i have to say that you come across as naive and stupid when it comes to women.
Of course they gonna use you for money, take a look at them and look at yourself? Some of them are so hot and you look like a nerdy asian guy with money.

You have a brain of 10 year old kid, I have traveled more than you have and I never got scammed by any woman, there were attempts but none of them succeeded...
I guess when you dont have looks you gonna struggle anywhere,
your appearance will only get you hookers, gold diggers and scammers

What happened to your 6th sense, thought you are good at it
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

I agree with Winston that you can sense the character vibe (friendly vs non friendly or sweet vs. just average , humble vs pride etc) about a person through a photo , more so with multiple photos of someone which is why I love to use Facebook when deciding whether a girl is worth pursuing or not. I would guess that in my lifetime, I've even about 80% accurate on people based on their photos. Note, I said 80% meaning that I admit that about 20% of the time I was wrong when judging solely based on photos. But generally, it's been a very accurate way of sensing who a person is.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Banano wrote:Winston i have to say that you come across as naive and stupid when it comes to women.
Of course they gonna use you for money, take a look at them and look at yourself? Some of them are so hot and you look like a nerdy asian guy with money.

You have a brain of 10 year old kid, I have traveled more than you have and I never got scammed by any woman, there were attempts but none of them succeeded...

What you tell Winston makes sense but...what do you have to back your success abroad? Photos? Links? Winston basically posted his entire life online, highs and lows. I think that's one of the reasons people can relate to him and his movement.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:Winston i have to say that you come across as naive and stupid when it comes to women.

I'm not stupid or naive. I just don't fit into a practical and shallow world. All the wholesome TV shows I grew up with in the 70's and 80's told me that women will like me for me, if I am a decent guy. I still believe in that. I cannot accept a world where women don't like me for me. I am an idealist.

Sure I have an entitlement mentality, which is normal in America. I can't settle for something I don't want. I love hot girls. They are my passion.

As usual, you are only focusing on the negative, forcing me to correct you again. As usual, you are narrow and not seeing the big picture. And you try to use everything you can to shame me and put me down.

I do not only attract scammers and gold diggers. The majority of girls I met in Russia were not scammers or gold diggers. They were just friendly girls who were flakes, or it just didn't work out. How many times do I have to tell you that? Why are you so deaf and dumb?

You do not seem any smarter than me at all. You just talk. We don't even see your photos. I'll bet you anything that in chess or scrabble, I'd steamroll you easily without effort.

Also, nerdy looking guys are not seen as unattractive by women in foreign countries, only in America. In China, Taiwan and Philippines, nerdy looking guys are with hot women everywhere in public.

I did not struggle in the Philippines. I picked up many girls easily and naturally there. They liked that I have a genuine vibe that other guys don't have. Good girls can see a kind soul and authentic aura in a guy. Such girls see these qualities in me.

You aren't taking all this into account. All you want to do is be negative and try to put me down.

ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

Winston, you may have addressed this in other threads, but would you classify yourself as a highly sensitive person (HSP)? For those interested, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

for a description of such a person, and

http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

for an HSP self-test.

HSP's are particularly vulnerable to scams. For example, see

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sen ... narcissist

for an explanation of why HSP's are susceptible to a narcissist's charms.

I'm highly sensitive, and I knew it could pose a real problem while I was abroad; certainly, it's been difficult enough to deal with stateside. What I found is that, if I made it a point to be friendly while vigilantly maintaining my inner shields, I had a good time overall with the people with whom I interacted. I didn't get taken for a ride by any women, and while there were a couple of people who I felt betrayed me - HSP's, as one would expect, experience the pain of betrayal more easily and deeply than others - the damage to me was minimal.

It's a highly INsensitive world, and you've got to keep your guard up, no matter who you are. That doesn't mean you'll have a smooth ride, but the warier you are, the better off you'll end up.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes I'm a HSP as I mentioned in another thread. Not many guys will admit that they are HSP's though. Guys like to pretend to be tough and invulnerable, including the ones here.

I have to put up a stronger shield and use up more energy doing it, than most other people do. I don't always have the energy to do that.

HSP's also project a different aura, and when your energy field is different, you get noticed more by sharks because you stand out. Not just by human sharks, but by energetic sharks as well, such as demons, archons, ghosts, spirits, interdimensional entities, etc.

I'm also a Pisces, and a lot of Pisces are like mirrors. They feel compelled to mirror others and go along with whatever they say, even if they don't want to. They don't choose to. It's something they subconsciously do. When you conform to others, sometimes you don't realize what you're doing until later.

OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Photos are often accurate. People give off vibes in photos. Why do you suck at reading people?
I got a chuckle out of that Winston.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:Just browsing through Winston's "The Hall of Villains" page. A lot of these people look very approachable and friendly in these photos. Yet they are mostly low-life scum if his descriptions are accurate.

You're not making sense Rock. I thought you loved truth? Yes they are approachable. Otherwise I wouldn't know them. Duh.

But approachable does not mean that they have good morals or conscience. That's a different matter. Con artists can be approachable too. And sometimes friends backstab each other. That happens a lot too.

Why are you mixing up unrelated things? What is BS here? The only BS here is from your mouth. You aren't making sense. I thought you were a rational person?

Yes they all did something wrong. I didn't say they were scum. That's a label you used. Anyone can do bad things in certain situations. Some people have a dark side that you don't see until later. Friends can backstab each other for various reasons. Nothing is in black and white. Haven't you ever been backstabbed or betrayed?

Even Jesus was betrayed by a close disciple. And his betrayer regretted it later.

I didn't say that photos reveal everything. But they do reveal approachability. That's for sure.

Psychology experiments show that first impressions are 60 percent accurate. It was even on Dateline NBC.

You aren't making sense and aren't taking reality into account. I thought you were smarter and wiser than this. Strange.
Photos can easily be misleading. Videos are better. But face-to-face is best.

I suck at reading people? Hmm, so why am I able to surround myself with people who are genuinely nice and caring to me while all you did was get taken for a fool, over and over again? Why are you the one who so often gets scammed and taken in? If you have any people reading skills at all, why don't you use them to benefit your personal life.

Winston, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Perhaps you are able to figure things out in hindsight. But in real time, you are about as sharp as a special needs 8 year old, a very easy mark, a bumbling naive chump.

Fortunately at some level, luck has been on your side as you've not been seriously harmed.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:I'm also a Pisces, and a lot of Pisces are like mirrors.
Oh man, you're a Pisces! You're really hurting because that's one of the worst signs to be born under, unless you already have everything going for you beforehand, in terms of support structure, education, and family.

I think the only truly balanced Pisces, was George Washington. Many others, had issues during their life, esp related to substance abuse or relationship with others.

In contrast, Alexander Hamilton, born a Capricorn, despite having a bad family background, overcame everything, to become Washington's right-hand man. The same goes for Ben Franklin, also a Cap. Thus, some signs clearly have more overcoming power than others.

If you're a Pisces, please, befriend animals and take care of them. You don't want to get involved with other human beings, esp in this day and age. I know this is astrological BS but perhaps it's not too far off the mark.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

Winston wrote:Yes I'm a HSP as I mentioned in another thread. Not many guys will admit that they are HSP's though. Guys like to pretend to be tough and invulnerable, including the ones here.

I have to put up a stronger shield and use up more energy doing it, than most other people do. I don't always have the energy to do that.

HSP's also project a different aura, and when your energy field is different, you get noticed more by sharks because you stand out. Not just by human sharks, but by energetic sharks as well, such as demons, archons, ghosts, spirits, interdimensional entities, etc.

I'm also a Pisces, and a lot of Pisces are like mirrors. They feel compelled to mirror others and go along with whatever they say, even if they don't want to. They don't choose to. It's something they subconsciously do. When you conform to others, sometimes you don't realize what you're doing until later.
There may be some truth to this. Looks wise, I am totally unapproachable (think abused pit bull friendly). And yet, if there is a guy panhandling in a parking lot, he will invariably come over to me. Then I feel sorry for him, and give him a buck or two, lol.