Hard-Headed Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hard-Headed Abroad

Post by droid »

I'm tired of people asking for advice in this forum, yet carrying on with their preconceived ideas, instead of following any of the points provided; even going as far as saying that the help material is 'useless' etc

Nobody says 'you know what guys? you've got a good point X, I'll give it a try for one month and see what happens'.
No, instead you guys say, 'mmhh this has no solution, I'll do Y'

Winston refuses to work-out, Others want to fix their life in two-week spans etc etc.
Like MrS suggested at some point, people just want a sound box and still continue doing things the way they did before. What the hell?

Stop being so Hard-Headed!! :evil:
Last edited by droid on April 17th, 2014, 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

This website should be called "Angry and bitter at home!"

No wonder I think most of you guys are a joke: Angry, bitter, complaining, fighting-with-each-other, unhappy and racist and misogynist. That basically makes-up most of the HA members on this forum...Pathetic!

I'm having a pretty good time in China, and I've gotten to explore other parts of Asia, too! I'm really loving my life right now.

HEY GUYS! JUST GO OUT THERE AND EXPLORE! DON'T STAY IN THE ANGLO WORLD FEELING ALL BITTER AND ANGRY--AND THEN DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT BUT MOANING ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah get out and explore guys. I had good times and bad times in Asia (mostly good) but I've come back a lot more relaxed and at ease with myself.

I also appreciate my own country more. Here in the UK we have great culture to enjoy, and the best food in the world. Also the economy is good again and it's time to make hay while the sun shines.

My wife issue is unresolved, but everything else in my life is great.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Yeah, I just finished a major rant about this in the Asia forum. I get that only a small minority will actually follow advice given but just don't act like a rude bastard when one disagrees with the advice FREELY given. A lot of posters here are assholes and there really doesn't need to be any kind of an attitude like that. I like the freethinking and speech thing about this website but it really does give one a true perspective of how most people really are dicks and pussies and there is no escaping them even in this forum. Really makes you wonder what the world is heading towards in the long run with people like this running around in the world.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

Mr S: I maintain faith that there are large parts of the world where people do have moral muscles, courage and common sense, it's what keeps the whole planet sane and away from another world war. A bit naive I know, but I maintain that nonetheless.

I'm going to Mexico for two months in early 2015, one month in Mexico City, back in Vancouver for 1 week to get an injection, then back to Mexico for another month, in Guadalajara and in Merida. This year I'll be studying Spanish, the Michel Thomas courses and both a general and a conversation course at International House Vancouver, then maybe a tutor or staff at the hostels in Mexico to help with my Spanish. I'll also be purchasing annual travel insurance (for Canadians travelguard.ca has the best deals, I'll be purchasing 30 day annual health insurance, with $2 million coverage), getting a mobile phone for international calls, an ISIC card and a Mexico guidebook from lonelyplanet. Lots more to do, as they say where there is a will there is a way..... Be creative guys, never give up on your dreams, be relentless + fearless in your pursuit of justice for yourself whatever that means for you.

I'm on Disability Welfare and have used other people's money and resources to travel to Israel + Switzerland + Across Canada, and my own money to go to Mexico + UK, there are no excuses, only crap in your mind that prevents you from achieving, everyone has the potential to be awesome and great and a spectacular leader, get seriously disturbed + make decisions + raise your standards + develop strong big beliefs in yourself and a massive action plan, and then just do it.

Check out Devil Dog's thread on getting standby tickets and money from airlines to travel around the world, I watched a youtube video a while ago of a guy on local news in the US who did the same thing but on a much larger scale, with one US airline and he flew all over the world multiple times, and he said that he developed a way to do the same with europe rail tickets or plane tickets, I don't remember which, check it out online.

One reason I'm posting this is to make what I'm doing public so that other people will hold me to it, you should do the same.