There are worse places to be born than the USA.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

There are worse places to be born than the USA.

Post by Temprano26 »

I hate the anti-social business culture of the USA as much as anybody. I hate that people are self-centered and only talk to strangers when they need something. I started a career in massage so that I could make money to leave it for a better love life as is the HA philosophy.

But let's be real here - aren't you happy you were born here instead of Somalia or a number of other countries I could name? Yesterday I was reading about a young man from Somalia who smuggled himself into Mexico to get across the border and once he got there he was detained and placed in a cold dank cell with other immigrants with no blankets provided. In Pakistan there was baby, nine months old, gets booked for a murder.

The USA is a lousy dating scene to be sure but when I go out to check the mail I am not seeing tanks and guys armed with AK-47s. Being single and lonely in the US is rotten but I don't think any of us are starving to death or in danger of our lives. I am just putting things in perspective.

So the USA is a better place to live than Somalia or Pakistan but is it a better place to live than Europe or Latin America?
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Of course and?
I prefer still to be in France than to live in a shitty country like Pakistan but that doesn't mean we have to settle for less if we can have more.

Also,what's the point if for having more material confort we lose the female male interaction who is quit important in my opinion.

I'm ready to trade some of my material confort to be in a country where still women are relaxed,smily,gentle and feminince compared to a country where they are overy anti male,paranoid,materialistic,egoist,uptight...

My point is not because they are worst places on earth that i will accept my destiny and stay where i am.
We should be grateful,unless we are in an economical mess,that we can use our wealth to move around and find better places.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How about rich Somalian warlords? You see them crossing the Rio Grande? Or some Pakistani millionaire. He loves living in his country.

What's even the point of discussing this? Wherever you're located/born, the idea is to keep improving and making your life better and better. For a poor Somalian, that means coming to the US. For an Afghan, that means migrating to a less violent country-- such as Pakistan. VNese hookers go to Cambodia to practice their profession- better opportunities.

Everyone is trying to make his life better no matter where his starting point is.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

People on this forum have called the US a hellhole and such. As far as material matters go, the US is pretty good. It is just a social hellhole.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Temprano26 wrote:People on this forum have called the US a hellhole and such. As far as material matters go, the US is pretty good. It is just a social hellhole.
Your right, socially for men, America is one of the worst countries in the world to live in. For material comfort, it's one of the best countries in the world to live in.

Look how Winston's social life improved when he went overseas to eastern Europe, Russia and the Philippines. Then, look how shitty his social life became as soon as he moved back to the USA. :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

When I came back from Costa Rica people treated my experience like it was a two-week vacation when in reality Costa Rica had more of what I needed in life. It fed the soul.

They never understood how spiritually and emotionally starved I felt. A whole population of people driving in cars separated from everyone else. Even in public places people were oblivious to anyone around them. We have everything we need materially in the US while starving ourselves of what we need deep down inside.