Baltic Girls - Your 1st World Equals

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Baltic Girls - Your 1st World Equals

Post by ladislav »

While American guys go to Russia and Ukraine for women, the Baltic States remain largely ignored by love-hungry Yank men. Probably ‘cause most damn Yanks ain’t never even heard of them there little countries whatever theirn goddarnedest name is. Say what???? Lith- what??? That and the sheep mentality of everyone jumping on the bandwagon and going to Nikolayev on bride tours because some sites organize them but none do so with the Baltics. Pity!
Brits go there a lot, though, but they have a bad reputation there now. It used to be that Latvian girls would line up to dance with a Brit, but they no longer do so. Allegedly, one British drunk created an uproar there when he, in the early 2000s, I think, pissed on a national monument to Nine Latvian Martyrs (or something of the sorts) had who died at the hands of the Russians. These countries have a long and tortured history of foreign occupation, persecution and deportation. A British alcoholic peeing on the memory of those who suffered such great persecutions became an international incident. Naturally, it was in all newspapers, and, arguably, Latvian girls overnight stopped wanting to dance with a Brit. They took it personally-“ That is what they really think of us! “. “That is how much they ‘respect’ us!� I bet the drunk had no idea what he was taking his leak on and just wanted to relieve himself but the locals interpreted it as a great affront to the pride of their nation.
Anyway, Estonia and Lithuania have not yet been urinated upon by a three sheets-in-the-wind Anglo-Saxon sod, so you may want to go there instead.
I have only been to Latvia, but not the other two Baltic countries. However, here are some things I must say to you:
1) These are not Slavs or Germanics. Latvians and Lithuanians are Balts- a race apart. Estonians are related to Finns. So, the cultures are very interesting. They are still not as rich as to be as stuck up as Americans or Brits or West Euros. The countries are very Gothic and Scandinavia- like. Do a google image search on Riga, Vilnius, Kaunas and Tallinn.
2) Winston had a great experience in Lithuania, so other guys should follow suit and check it out. It is now the poorest of the three and that should make the girls friendlier.
So before you decide to go to the bureaucratic and thug-infested Russia that does not seem to work in any way you want it to work, or to the wild , wild East of lawless Ukraine, think about the Baltics and see if they may agree with you, and how the people react to you there.
Another, paramountly important thing to keep in mind is this: Baltic girls are EU nationals. That means they have either visa free travel or visa upon arrival to so many countries including , according to Wikipedia, the US! Instead of trying to wade through the bureaucratic nightmare of bringing an East Slavic girl to the US or taking her with you to the EU or any of the 100+ countries where you can just walk in and she cannot, think of a Baltic girl who can walk into those countries along with you. Marrying a Baltic girl will afford you an easier path to EU citizenship which is so much better than the US citizenship while Russian or Ukrainian passports have limited benefits, if any at all.
I suggest you go into http://www.wikipedia.org and type in the words:
Lithuanian Passport
Ukrainian Passport
Latvian Passport
Russian Passport
Estonian Passport
The information has a listing of each passport’s benefits and visa free travel. I would especially urge you to look at the visa-free section. Ukrainian citizenship sucks! So does Russian. Your GF/wife will not be able to go with you to the majority of the countries you can go to, and bringing her to the US will be a major headache. EU nationals have little trouble coming in, though. Or going anywhere with you.
A practical thought before you start a romantic involvement. Baltic girls are harder to get than E. Slavic ones but definitely easier than American ones. If you succeed in getting one, she may bring you more concrete long term benefit and be much more comfortable to live/travel with than the visa-handicapped Russian and Ukie citizens. Not to mention Filipinas (as far as their visa- free ability goes).
Yeah, you might as well check out the Wikipedia.org article of “Filipino/Philippine passport�
Incidentally, Singaporean girls are also your 1st world equals and do not need visas to go just about anywhere.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Admittedly I have never been to Lithuania and Winston has and he has posted pictures of the girls from there, I have still decided to do a google search and found some nice photos of Lithuanian girls to give you an idea of what they look like:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AD8h7Ip6wcM/R-pG2 ... G_1481.JPG
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_NeG5D5Idrd4/R1HtM ... re+095.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/lith ... irls-1.jpg
http://christoph.nomadlife.org/hello/22 ... .23.25.jpg

The Baltic peoples are a group unto themselves and some say form a link between the Slavic and the Germanic worlds. You can see that they do not look either Slavic or Germanic but as something strangely unique. That is if you happen to have an eye for those things.

A search for Latvian and Estonian girls on google yields similar results. So, looks like hot blonds are dime a dozen there. Not in California as Hollywood likes to make us believe.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I agree with your suggestions, Ladislav, although I've never been to these countries either. Another thing which should be pointed out is that about 30% of the population in Latvia are ethnic Russians who speak Russian, so people can get their Russian beauty fix in Latvia as well!

I've also heard people comment that Lithuanians are the friendliest out of these three countries.

I met some Estonians in Hungary last summer. A few of the girls were beautiful, but almost all of them were pretty quiet and introverted (like Finns).
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

ladislav wrote: The Baltic peoples are a group unto themselves and some say form a link between the Slavic and the Germanic worlds. You can see that they do not look either Slavic or Germanic but as something strangely unique. That is if you happen to have an eye for those things.
Ermm, third link is a pic of a couple of rather famous Brazilian supermodels- neither of whom are of Baltic ancestry. :roll:
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

In checking out those pictures, the girls actually look friendly and approachable (check out Winstons photos of American party animal girls and see the difference). How many good looking women in the US look approachable and friendly? There must be something in the water in the US that make American women so stuck up and unfriendly! LOL :lol:

ImageImageImage
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal wrote:I agree with your suggestions, Ladislav, although I've never been to these countries either. Another thing which should be pointed out is that about 30% of the population in Latvia are ethnic Russians who speak Russian, so people can get their Russian beauty fix in Latvia as well!

I've also heard people comment that Lithuanians are the friendliest out of these three countries.

I met some Estonians in Hungary last summer. A few of the girls were beautiful, but almost all of them were pretty quiet and introverted (like Finns).
That's my experience too. In terms of friendliness, I would rank the Baltic States as follows:

1. Lithuania
2. Latvia
3. Estonia

I didn't say it was easy to get laid in Lithuania though. But I found it very friendly, approachable, and cheerful. It had that "Christmas vibe" that you only experience once a year in America, where the collective mass population are in a spirit of good cheer and you can feel it in the vibe or energy field of the whole country.

But the girls friendliness is kind of innocent, which means they aren't eager to have sex or intimacy. Mostly just talking and walking around with you and getting to know you. Sure, after a while, a horny guy may get blue balls from lack of sex, but emotionally and psychologically and socially, it's satisfying on that level. For me, I just liked that I could stop any girl on the street and chat her up, and it would be receive enthusiastically. And when you flirt, they have a good time with it.

However, I think white guys will do better there than Asian guys. Even nice Euro girls, though they won't admit it, deep down still prefer white guys. But they are approachable to Asian guys at least.

And the culture there is very interesting, colorful, artistic, pleasant and beautiful.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I need to check it out. But I do not know if white guys will do better. Asian guys look exotic probably and shock the girls with their foreign looks. Same as in Japan. But white guys may be seen as something boring. Also, do remember that the white/asian/black/hispanic division is a New World thing. They think in terms of ethnicities, not races. A person is either a Lithuanian or not.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Another thing which should be pointed out is that about 30% of the population in Latvia are ethnic Russians who speak Russian, so people can get their Russian beauty fix in Latvia as well!
20,000,000 ethnic Russians are stuck in all these countries after the independence. Russia does not want them just like Britain does not want Anglo Saxon settlers from the US and Canada. So, you can find all the Russian girls you want in E. Ukraine and Latvia and other countries that do not have Russia's visa problems and bureaucracy.
finalflash
Freshman Poster

Post by finalflash »

I have been to many countries in Western Euro and also some countries in the Eastern Euro. I'm Asian-Canadian. My general feeling is that most Western Euro countries are only slightly better than US/Canada. France is the only exception, but you will have to speak French. I agree with Ladislav's observations about dating countries for Asian guys. Brazil is good. I met some Brazilian girls in Europe, they were very friendly to me, no problem socializing.

I also agree with rich countries tend to be not so good for azn guys. I used to have very good image of Switzerland and Sweden but after some unpleasant experiences, I changed my mind - some girls there like to throw racial slurs etc. at least in US/Canada noone is going to explicitly call you names.

I found London, England to be better environment than most US/Canadian cities.

I also find aussies to be much easier to socialize than us/canada.

For Eastern Euro, most countries are significantly better than US/Canada, with the exception of Poland. I agree with Winston that most Polish girls will only date white guys. It is true. I found Polish girls to be very similar to Canadian girls - quiet and unapproachable. I found Polish girls like Dutch and English guys. Poland is very similar to Canada.

I have not been to Baltics. I tried talking to some Lithuanian girls online but result was mixed.

I had similar problem dating in Canadian HS and universities.

I also want to mention that Italians probably not as jealous and alpha as the media said - I was in Italy, people seem fine, girls are sweet, no hostility. Italians in Canada are also fine to azn males.

Both Winston and Ladislav are very intelligent people.

I think azn guys in the West should encourage each other since I had similar experiences dating in Canada. I agree with a lot of things Winston said. In US/Canada, Some azn guys are successful in dating while most are not. I wish the best for everyone, hope all the best karma for us.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Finalflash,
Those are some good honest observations. Thanks for posting. I agree with your observations.

I too, find English people to be far easier to socialize with than Americans. I don't know why many say that they are the same as Americans. I don't find that to be the case. I mean, Brits aren't wild people in general, of course, but they seem far easier to chat up and have intelligent conversations with.

But then again, I only meet Brits who are travelers.

Same with Aussies.

If you go to Krakow in Poland, it is more festive and the girls will be more approachable than in the rest of the country, esp compared to Warsaw.

I think Italian girls may be nice but many guys say the dating scene there is not good for men. One guy I know said this but he said it's still better than the US.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
finalflash
Freshman Poster

Post by finalflash »

Yeah, I found the Brits incredibly polite, especially the male. I've only been to London so I don't know what the rest of the country looks like. I liked the vibe, so much better than North America. Many Aussies work there. Many English girls are quite natural about who they date, not stuck-up.

I didn't like dating in Canada, although I would imagine it is marginally better than US. Still, both US and Canada have the worst scene for that you have nowhere to meet girls other than school.

I was in Krakow as well, but I didn't find it to be any better than Warsaw - just my experience. I would NOT recommend Poland for azn guys. I would say France and Brazil are the top choice.

Another surprise I found is the Aussie girls are far easier to socialize than NA girls. Too many NA girls act like total Bi%^hes when you talk to them. I have not been to Australia so I don't know what it is like in their own country, but I'd say it should be much better there. The current Aussie Prime Minister's daughter married an azn guy plus most azn newcomers to AU are middle-class so those factors probably contribute a good image of Azn people there. AU is also close to Asia so there must be more contact and understanding since trade with Asian countries is important to Aussie economy. The country is also in the south so people are more festival too. So Australia seems much better than US and Canada. (Some may not speak French and not everybody can live in Brazil etc) I would go to AU if there's career opportunity there, Canada is just too boring and cold. NZ is good too for socializing.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT DATING IN OZ AND NZ REQUIRE NORMAL EFFORT. WHILE IN US/CANADA, YOU HAVE TO BE A PUA TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED LOL

As for other Euro countries, Holland, Belgium are also pretty good - easier to socialize and dating requires normal effort. I would take a step back and re-assess Switzerland and Sweden - I'm sure a lot of azn guys have heard the blonds there tend to like azn guys and dark hair etc. I didn't find it. I would serious reconsider my overly positive image of Sweden after some unpleasant incidents. Same with Switzerland. Food in Switzerland is bad too.

FOR SOME REASON, MOST COUNTRIES THAT HAVE GREAT IMAGE ON THE MEDIUM TURN OUT TO BE TOTALLY UNFRIENDLY AND VICE VERSA, I USED TO READ ABOUT ALL THE RIOTS AND RACISM IN AUSTRALIA BUT I FOUND THE AUSSIES TO BE THE LEAST RACIST. THAT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE.

PS: I also lived in Quebec, dating is horrible for azn guys. I regretted spending so much $$ in there. There are a lot of AF/WM couples, hardly any AM/WF couples.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree, Canadian girls are only marginally better, not enough to make a difference. They have that same "I don't need anybody" and "I prefer to be alone" vibe. But they are more polite if you just want polite conversation. The only difference I noticed is that they are more health conscious and not as obese as American women. And probably less hateful too.

But they are reserved and distant. Canada feels like a ghost town basically, the vibe there feels "transparent" somehow.

So you went to France and thought it was good for Asian guys? Can you elaborate? I have heard mixed things about that.

finalflash
Freshman Poster

Post by finalflash »

France is pretty nice comparatively- speaking (to many other countries) for azn guys. But you definitely need to speak some French. I was only in Paris. I know some Quebec French and only started the conversation with French then switched to English. Most French girls I approached were happen to talk to me (a couple of were happy to spend time with me) conversation takes a lot of effort since my French is not fluent. My feeling is many French girls will date an Azn guy if you are good-looking, dress -well and can speak fluent French or at least can stay in France and willing to learn it. Not all the French girls were receptive but the ones who were tend to be very warm. The ones who weren't didn't give me a bad vibe either. => compared to NA, most girls seem to give off a bad vibe when you talk to them.

I would say being Asian in France is not a minus, sometimes it is a plus if you meet a French girl who is open or like Azn guys - appreciate your qualities. Generally, having a good look and dressing well could help a LOT. Being well-groomed seems to be a significant factor.

I also met some French people here and there in Canada - they told me azn people are pretty well-perceived. I have not been to other French cities - but some told me many French cities are good.

Still, France is a Western Euro country - a girl will not fall in love with U just because you are azn. I would say France takes a bit less than normal effort - speaking French is more significant of an obstacle.

France is definitely better than US/Canada for sure. I understand some have mixed feeling about it - I mean even in Russia, not every girl will like U, but for France, odds for azn guys are a lot better.

For Canada - I do see quite a few Am/wf couples from time to time, but I just simply didn't find the country good for dating personally. I agree with U, it is kind of ghost like - many people kind of just talk -put up a show. BUT I FOUND A LOT of CANADIAN GIRLS TO BE VERY BEAUTIFUL, UNFORTUNATELY, THEY WILL ONLY WANT TO MEET YOU IF YOU are ALREADY IN THEIR CIRCLE BUT YOU CAN'T GET INTO THEIR CIRCLE WITHOUT GETTING TO KNOW THEM, THUS THE DILEMMA.
robincolorado
Freshman Poster

Great advice!!

Post by robincolorado »

Ladislav,

This is some great advice. What about Romanian and Czech woman from your experiences. I have met some on the internet and they seem to have more of an openess to them. I guess I should check out the passport info as you advise.

Thanks,
Rob
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

One of my former bosses was Estonian. Some things I came to realize about them:
1. They have a language similar to Finnish.
2. They dislike the Jews.
3. They dislike the Russians, the conquerors.

Of course this guy was an ethnocentric pseudo Nazi.

At the same company I came to believe that damn near every Lithuanian is Jewish. <shrug>

I think one day I may visit Tallin. They are Nordic peoples like the Finnish, not slavs.