Do you prefer to approach or be approached by women?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Do you prefer to approach or be approached by women?

I prefer to approach women
17%
I prefer women to approach me
83%

Total votes: 35
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

"2. Approaching is the man's job, not the woman's job."
oh yeah piece of dung, now "equality" and "gender roles are a social construct" come a bit inconvenient??

I was approached multiple times in CHina muahhahah, take that, you "independent" b*tch.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

I love any and all opportunidades estar approchado... lol. Strictly in America, it results in a chance to practice messing with chicks and showing them that they aren't worth nearly what they believe they are. But in the end, it results in many laughs for all, so it's all good. YEAH!!!! :D
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

E_Irizarry wrote:
I prefer B-O-T-H actually.

Hence I get to choose what I truly want; they choose me out of revalidating my external worth and/or my personality/character's worth to the opposite sex, and then I can choose based off of that.

It bidirectionally works for me. :O)
So you're cool with doing it whichever way she's facing?
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Women should approach men at least until the dating/relationship world is more fair and balanced for both sexes.

Women clearly have the advantage (at least in america), and the power to approve, reject, embarrass a guy, and just stand back, live life as per normal, and wait for men to approach them. This is why women should do the approaching. It's more fair and makes more sense for women to do the approaching since for now, they have more power in dating. This will make it more fair for the man. When men get rejecting, there could be social consequences, such as gossip or embarrassment in social circle. When men reject women, usually this doesn't happen to the woman.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I prefer to approach the woman. Aggression just isn't a feminine quality, IMO. A woman should stick to giving hints, e.g. eye contact and a smile.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

QuestionMark wrote:Women should approach men at least until the dating/relationship world is more fair and balanced for both sexes.

Women clearly have the advantage (at least in America), and the power to approve, reject, embarrass a guy, and just stand back, live life as per normal, and wait for men to approach them. This is why women should do the approaching. It's more fair and makes more sense for women to do the approaching since for now, they have more power in dating. This will make it more fair for the man.
Absolutely women should approach men! This is 2014, women wanted equality and now they have it, they have been "equal" to men for decades now.

It's now time for them to take some responsibility in the dating field and approach men and risk rejection just like men having been doing for thousands of years.

I wish all men in America would stop asking women out, this would force women to approach men! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

jamesbond wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:Women should approach men at least until the dating/relationship world is more fair and balanced for both sexes.

Women clearly have the advantage (at least in America), and the power to approve, reject, embarrass a guy, and just stand back, live life as per normal, and wait for men to approach them. This is why women should do the approaching. It's more fair and makes more sense for women to do the approaching since for now, they have more power in dating. This will make it more fair for the man.
Absolutely women should approach men! This is 2014, women wanted equality and now they have it, they have been "equal" to men for decades now.

It's now time for them to take some responsibility in the dating field and approach men and risk rejection just like men having been doing for thousands of years.

I wish all men in America would stop asking women out, this would force women to approach men! :D
This won't happen man..men won't stop approaching women unless they are brain dead and women won't approach men most of the time in the US.
I repeat this for a thousand time...women in the US prefer to stay alone without men than to be with losers as they say(more than 90 percent of men are losers for them)

Rather than hoping something who won't happen,men should move their a s s as fast as they can to greener pasture where women still approach men and when men approach them,they are polite and feminine even if they reject them.
djeanp7898
Freshman Poster

Post by djeanp7898 »

Like a previous poster said...

I prefer to approach women, preferably after the woman gives me a signal.

I don't wish that more women would approach men, I just wish that women (American women in particular) were more flirtatious.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I'm a really shy and somewhat awkward individual until I sense a good vibe from the other person. If I feel that we have conflicting ideals and personalities, I will not fully open up or not open up at all.

Many people think that a woman who does the approaching is easy and often may have bad intentions. I agree to a certain extent, but I can tell the difference between genuine interest and other motives. If a woman dressed and /or behaving provocatively when initiating, I would take that as a bad sign. If she seems overly eager and quickly becomes possessive, perhaps it's because she is desperate. Extremely desperate types carry lots of emotional baggage and will latch onto anyone that's willing to take them.

However, if a woman initiates in a very sweet and friendly manner either verbally or by using body language, it's likely that she's authentic and down-to-earth. As she becomes more possessive of you over time it shows that she is getting deeper into you.

I just don't "have" it when approaching females, and it won't come in a day or two if ever. Therefore, if a nice girl or woman wanted to start a relationship with me, I'd prefer that they make the first move. It's not that I don't have the courage to ask a female out (which I've done many times with only a few failures), it's just that I want them to initiate by playing their part.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

I like a sign at least she is interested, its so fking hard to tell if they don't give a sign, then you hear off a friend oh she liked you.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by jamesbond »

shiryu400 wrote:
May 10th, 2012, 5:28 pm
See, in the US women have so much power over relationships and also there's so much competition that dating is like gladiator fights at the Colosseum. You have to fight to the death with another man (gladiator) for the entertainment of the woman (Julius Caesar). Then, Caesar can give a thumbs up or a thumbs down and that decides your fate.

If the average man actually had options here, then approaching could be more enjoyable because you could actually CHOOSE. But alas, it is what it is.

That's hilarious but true! Dating in America is like the gladiator fights at the Colosseum in ancient Rome. :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you prefer to approach or be approached by women?

Post by jamesbond »

OzGuy wrote:
April 6th, 2012, 1:51 pm
I would much rather have women approach me than having to approach them. Approaching women means we have to face anxiety, fear of rejection, embarassment, abuse, and possibly even a lawsuit. Not to mention how flattering it must be if women actually approached us. You would then get the luxury of having to pick and choose who you want. Women argue that men somehow have it better in this regard, because they get to "choose" who they approach. How does this even make logical sense? What really annoys me is that women want equality with men, yet when it comes to dating they don't want such "equality" or responsibility. Having true equality would also mean having to approach men. This is another classic example of how feminists "cherry pick" the so called "equality" that only suits them. Remember - its only equality if women agree to it.

So anyway, do you prefer to approach women, or have them approach you?

The only country I have ever heard of where the women approach men is the Philippines. Now women do flirt with men in other countries (Thailand, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Russia, Ukraine and Poland) but as far as actually going up to a man and asking him out on a date, that only happens in the Philippines.