The natural way of meeting women: Flirting!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OTB
Freshman Poster

The natural way of meeting women: Flirting!

Post by OTB »

What's up fellas? It's been a long time since the last time I wrote a post. But it's time to divulge my thoughts and observations.

Let's get to it. I'm sick of holding back my feelings when it comes to attracting females in this country. I'm sick of just looking at them. It's as if flirting is committing a crime. I like to flirt. I love flirting. When I see a girl I'm attracted to I want to flirt with her. I want to play and get a feel for her personality. Flirting is fun and let's a girl see that you have personality. It's make both people relax.

But in this backwards culture we live in, flirting is unacceptable behavior to women you're interested in unless you're in a bar or club. I'm sick of the silence everywhere I go. I see a girl I'm attracted to and just look at her knowing that I just want to flirt with her. I believe this damages us psychologically because you're natural masculine behavior is being suppressed.

But why do we refrain from doing what's natural? I believe it's fear. Fear of how we're being perceived. Fear of what might happen if you take the chance to flirt with her. It's risky in this country.

For example, let's say you were walking through the ladies shoe department in Nordstrom and you saw a good looking girl with nice feet trying on a pair of shoes and you decided to say to her, "Those look good on you." What's wrong with that? That's just being friendly and having a good time.

So those who keep their options open with AW, do you refrain from flirting because you think you'll be perceived as being desperate or too aggressive? Do you not do it because you think it'll make the girl feel uncomfortable? Is it because you think she'll instantly reject you?

What countries have you been to that you felt totally relaxed flirting with girls as soon as they caught your eye?

I want to be in a culture when flirting right away is considered normal. I've experienced this in DR, Mexico, and a little in Turkey. And even in Morocco.

I'm sick of suppressing my feelings. It's not healthy because you'll take this same mindset into other countries.
Last edited by OTB on April 21st, 2014, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The natural way of meeting women: Flirting!

Post by jamesbond »

OTB wrote:Let's get to it. I'm sick of holding back my feelings when it comes to attracting females in this country. I'm sick of just looking at them. It's as if flirting is committing a crime. I like to flirt. I love flirting. When I see a girl I'm attracted to I want to flirt with her. I want to play and get a feel for her personality. Flirting is fun and let's a girl see that you have personality. It's make both people relax.

But in this backwards culture we live in, flirting is unacceptable behavior to women you're interested in unless you're in a bar or club. I'm sick of the silence everywhere I go. I see a girl I'm attracted to and just look at her knowing that I just want to flirt with her. I believe this damages us psychologically because you're natural masculine behavior is being suppressed.

But why do we refrain from doing what's natural? I believe it's fear. Fear of how we're being perceived. Fear of what might happen if you take the chance to flirt with her. It's risky in this country.

What countries have you been to that you felt totally relaxed flirting with girls as soon as they caught your eye?

I want to be in a culture when flirting right away is considered normal. I've experienced this in DR, Mexico, and a little in Turkey. And even in Morocco.

I'm sick of suppressing my feelings. It's not healthy because you'll take this same mindset into other countries.
I feel the same way, like Winston has said, flirting with women in America is almost a crime! :shock:

The America culture is not conducive to meeting people. In the US your not supposed to strike up conversations with people and you sure as hell are not supposed to flirt with women! :evil:

This picture below sums up what could happen to a guy in America if he flirts with women! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

jamesbond wrote:
OTB wrote:Let's get to it. I'm sick of holding back my feelings when it comes to attracting females in this country. I'm sick of just looking at them. It's as if flirting is committing a crime. I like to flirt. I love flirting. When I see a girl I'm attracted to I want to flirt with her. I want to play and get a feel for her personality. Flirting is fun and let's a girl see that you have personality. It's make both people relax.

I feel the same way, like Winston has said, flirting with women in America is almost a crime! :shock:

The America culture is not conducive to meeting people. In the US your not supposed to strike up conversations with people and you sure as hell are not supposed to flirt with women! :evil:

This picture below sums up what could happen to a guy in America if he flirts with women! :D

That is great JB! LOL. But I hate the feeling of suppressing my feelings. It doesn't feel right. It's just not natural.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

OTB wrote:What countries have you been to that you felt totally relaxed flirting with girls as soon as they caught your eye?

I'll never forget my "Eureka" moment. It was 2011, and I was teaching English in Cuenca, Ecuador. Things were going well, and I was having a good time with others, but for the most part I was maintaining my shields, keeping people at a distance - in other words, behaving just as I had had to do in the US for the first thirty-nine years of my life.

I was at a coffee house, reading and relaxing. I look up, and a beautiful Ecuadorian girl in her early twenties was looking at me from ten feet away. We looked into each other's eyes, and she smiled the most brilliant smile at me. It was natural, it was sweet, and it made me think "My god! I really CAN relax here, let my guard down a bit. It's OK! I can afford to be myself!"

It's just too bad that I was earning only $500 per month teaching there. I'm back in the States for the time being, working on getting to the point where I can go abroad again, for a much longer period of time. Ironically, I'm typing this reply in a Starbucks, a place where you'd swear you can actually see the force field around each woman. To put a positive spin on it, a setting like this provides me with extra motivation to stay the course, and reach my goal.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Yep I'm afraid it's inevitable guys... even someone who harbors as much hate for American Women as I do still has his flirtatious side that can't help but come out when a female actually starts giving him attention. And now it's actually resulted in me having a girl to spend some time with while I'm still here, a chick from my gym who started giving me the "fukk me" eyes something fierce and squashed my resolve to never approach another AW ever again. Asked her out. She said yes. We spent the weekend together and things got physical. She's actually a pretty cool chick and we have a lot in common. Cute, short, thick and delicious half-black half-white girl. E Irizarry would be proud, though she's not quite as big as he likes. She's spending the night on Thursday.

I think I actually have a girlfriend now. Fukk me...

Oh well, she already knows that I plan to go abroad and teach English so... yeah.

But flirting is basic human nature. It's how we meet members of the opposite sex, be it here in the USSA or abroad. And all the feminism in the world will not and in fact can not stop it.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

ntm1972 wrote:
OTB wrote:What countries have you been to that you felt totally relaxed flirting with girls as soon as they caught your eye?

I'll never forget my "Eureka" moment. It was 2011, and I was teaching English in Cuenca, Ecuador. Things were going well, and I was having a good time with others, but for the most part I was maintaining my shields, keeping people at a distance - in other words, behaving just as I had had to do in the US for the first thirty-nine years of my life.

I was at a coffee house, reading and relaxing. I look up, and a beautiful Ecuadorian girl in her early twenties was looking at me from ten feet away. We looked into each other's eyes, and she smiled the most brilliant smile at me. It was natural, it was sweet, and it made me think "My god! I really CAN relax here, let my guard down a bit. It's OK! I can afford to be myself!"

It's just too bad that I was earning only $500 per month teaching there. I'm back in the States for the time being, working on getting to the point where I can go abroad again, for a much longer period of time. Ironically, I'm typing this reply in a Starbucks, a place where you'd swear you can actually see the force field around each woman. To put a positive spin on it, a setting like this provides me with extra motivation to stay the course, and reach my goal.
It's good to know you experienced the same thing man. It truly is a great feeling when you know can just relax and let your real personality out. Meeting women and vibing with them becomes natural. You feel more confident sending out signs of interest and you feel more masculine.

And you know what, I was in Starbucks two weekends ago and I got the same vibe from the girls in there. There were some nice looking girls coming in but they all seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. They were just in their own world or talking to their girlfriend they came with.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OTB wrote:And you know what, I was in Starbucks two weekends ago and I got the same vibe from the girls in there. There were some nice looking girls coming in but they all seemed like they didn't want to be bothered. They were just in their own world or talking to their girlfriend they came with.
Winston has said how in the US, the girls seem to have this "force field" around them or a "bubble" around them and they give off this "don't bother me" vibe. This is true whether your at a bar, club, Starbucks, grocery store, bookstore or shopping mall.

Studies have shown that American women are the second least flirtatious women in the world. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CrazyCanuck944
Freshman Poster

Post by CrazyCanuck944 »

How much flirting success will you have with women if you are unattractive and unapproachable looking? Just being rhetorical....I know the answer ;)
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Through some deep self-examination and with the help of reading the book Models by Mark Manson, I've come to realize that I fear flirting with women because I think that by admitting my interest I am giving away my power to the woman.

PUAs emphasize being funny and aloof, "active disinterest" as they call it. Manson argues that admitting interest and making yourself vulnerable by flirting is actually sexually attracting to women, since being desired turns them on. Having the cojones to be vulnerable and concede interest in a woman also displays that you are confident in yourself and your desires. Women will also be attracted to that. You just have to walk the line between vulnerability and not becoming over-invested/needy, and therein lies the art of seduction.

Nonetheless, I still find myself thinking twice, three times in public or at work when I'm tempted to make a flirty or romantic comment/compliment to a woman. For example, there is an older married lady in my office who dresses up real nice to work some days. I was about to compliment her on her cute dress last Friday but I shyed away for fear that it may be taken that I'm pursuing her or harrassing her and then get myself in trouble with the HR Nazis. So, that's kind of the stifling mindset that I'm still stuck in when in most places, particularly at work, but even in casual environments like coffee shops and retail stores.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »