The Philippines for a tall, lean white guy in his late 20's?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: The Philippines for a tall, lean white guy in his late 2

Post by hammanta »

Jeremy wrote:Say I'm there for two and a half weeks. Can I expect to lay a new slender teen or 20-something with an a** everyday? Will girls be following me around the malls due to my look? Or will I be lucky to sleep with one non-pro during my trip?

A lot of Roosh forum members are saying you can't not get laid there as a youngish white guy. One poster claimed random girls from clubs were begging to have their pics taken with him, like he was a celebrity lol.
It really depends on your character. If you are shy, anti-social in your country, the philippines isn't gonna change that completely. If you are afraid to approach girls or don't know what to say or don't wanna internet date, then the philippines isn't gonna be great for you. Don't expect girls to simply bow down to you, start running up to you thinking you are their savior "oh F*** me white man with your giant D***." You will surely be surprised if you have that mind state. And sadly many foreigners do have this.

However, if you are friendly, not a douche, interested in the culture and open to the reality of the philippines, you won't have a problem slaying regular girls. Don't come in with the western mindset. Insulting girls doesn't work here. Being a douche doesn't work here. Being fun and interesting does. You will see Transsexuals everywhere; you will have gay men hit on you; you will see some crazy shit. But make sure you take it objectively and not let it ruin your fun. Dance, sing, be friendly and girls will notice. Being average looking is all you need.

I'm not a hound dog by any means. I'm relatively attractive 5'9", muscular (powerlifter), brown hair blue eyed 24 YO white boy. However, I'm not interested in racking up the number of lays. I much prefer to find that one girl I like and travel around and enjoy the time together. In my 3 trips totaling 2.5 months I've slept with only 5 pinays. But I'm at 100% with the girls I wanted to (3 of which were on the first night).

Most will say you can do so much better and I really can but its not my style. I simply can't fathom those guys who say they slept with 3-4 girls a day. I could never be that big of a douche to ask a girl up to my room after a meal at jollibees. Realistically if you tried you could sleep with a chick a day if you were good with the ladies. If not then a few a week maybe. That's only Manila though, a whole different story for province areas (being a lot harder to get laid, but very easy to meet women).
Zendo
Freshman Poster

Post by Zendo »

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've been set on going to Thailand for a long time but the more I read about Philippines the more I wonder if I should skip Thailand and make my first Asia trip to Phils. I've been single for 8 years now due to depression and not going out but I've met some great filipino girls recently on DIA (joined a couple of weeks ago) who I really want to meet. I'm either going to do 1 week Thailand, 1 week Phils or 2 weeks Philippines. Either way I look forward to going there and seeing how much "trouble" I can get into, or better say, adventure.

Just for reference I'm mid-thirties, average looking white guy.
Dash
Freshman Poster

Post by Dash »

Zendo wrote:Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've been set on going to Thailand for a long time but the more I read about Philippines the more I wonder if I should skip Thailand and make my first Asia trip to Phils. I've been single for 8 years now due to depression and not going out but I've met some great filipino girls recently on DIA (joined a couple of weeks ago) who I really want to meet. I'm either going to do 1 week Thailand, 1 week Phils or 2 weeks Philippines. Either way I look forward to going there and seeing how much "trouble" I can get into, or better say, adventure.

Just for reference I'm mid-thirties, average looking white guy.
Coming from a guy who just recently returned from both Thailand and Philippines, I would strongly recommend just sticking with the Philippines for this trip. 1 week is just not enough time imo. The women of Philippines kill the Thai's all things considered. The only thing I liked better about Thailand was the food. Pinays are so sweet, caring, and friendly. They also all speak English unlike Thailand.

Go to the Philippines man. Leave Thailand for another trip.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Does an average Western man who is shy but not anti social can broke the glass?

If he comes alone,know nobody,try to avoid to resort to p4p,is a smling person doing everyday common life occupations,does women will make first the move like asking him what he does here,where he stays,and do you want to hook up somewhere?
Or is the Western guy who will have to take the first step?

I was thinking of Thailand where it can be the day and night sometimes.
My type of personality is either anti social(even if at home i'm something of it)and i'm not the kind of guy who just run over women all over asking for dates,gaming..
In Thailand what i have to struggle is the inconsistency of many women there.
One day you think it's almost done,the other day it's like they don't know you.
Does the Philippinas shares these behavior?

Many men told Pinays are more capable of holding a relation and won't let you down like Thaies..opinions on this?

What makes me more defensive is the average Pinoy.
Aren't there too much jealous of all these Westerners coming there to f**k their women?
How they react in general?

Thailand has jealousy but the amounts of ladyboys,gays and this passive male attitude makes this threat not so dangerous if you keep a low profile and don't mess when they are drunk.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

green1976 wrote:Does an average Western man who is shy but not anti social can broke the glass?

If he comes alone,know nobody,try to avoid to resort to p4p,is a smling person doing everyday common life occupations,does women will make first the move like asking him what he does here,where he stays,and do you want to hook up somewhere?
Or is the Western guy who will have to take the first step?

I was thinking of Thailand where it can be the day and night sometimes.
My type of personality is either anti social(even if at home i'm something of it)and i'm not the kind of guy who just run over women all over asking for dates,gaming..
In Thailand what i have to struggle is the inconsistency of many women there.
One day you think it's almost done,the other day it's like they don't know you.
Does the Philippinas shares these behavior?

Many men told Pinays are more capable of holding a relation and won't let you down like Thaies..opinions on this?

What makes me more defensive is the average Pinoy.
Aren't there too much jealous of all these Westerners coming there to f**k their women?
How they react in general?

Thailand has jealousy but the amounts of ladyboys,gays and this passive male attitude makes this threat not so dangerous if you keep a low profile and don't mess when they are drunk.
As far as anti-social, if you are afraid of women or conversing with people then anywhere you go will be hard. Filipinas don't talk that much as it is, most leaving the conversing to the man. Internet dating breaks this awkwardness (though in some regards creates some) to where you both already have an interest in meeting each other. Don't expect women here (unless pros) to make the first step in initiating the convo. Some will smile, others will wave or giggle and you may hear "Gwapo" or handsome a lot. It is up to you to man up and approach these women.

For the most part, pinoys aren't confrontational at all. Nothing like the west. And many could careless about foreigners coming there messing with the local women. Now if you are hitting on their girl they may get upset but other than that, I've had no problem with pinoys.

Pinay women, at least the right ones, are very loving, caring, and faithful women. Obviously, like all cultures, you have your bad apples.

But if you put yourself out there, even just a little bit, you are increasing your chances ten fold in meeting a women compared in the West.
Zendo
Freshman Poster

Post by Zendo »

Dash wrote:Coming from a guy who just recently returned from both Thailand and Philippines, I would strongly recommend just sticking with the Philippines for this trip. 1 week is just not enough time imo. The women of Philippines kill the Thai's all things considered. The only thing I liked better about Thailand was the food. Pinays are so sweet, caring, and friendly. They also all speak English unlike Thailand.

Go to the Philippines man. Leave Thailand for another trip.

Thanks for your recommendation. I would probably feel rushed as well, going to two countries in 2 weeks. I'll leave Thailand for when I have saved enough to start travelling. Philippines for 2 weeks over New Year is starting to look pretty sweet.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

hammanta wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Say I'm there for two and a half weeks. Can I expect to lay a new slender teen or 20-something with an a** everyday? Will girls be following me around the malls due to my look? Or will I be lucky to sleep with one non-pro during my trip?

A lot of Roosh forum members are saying you can't not get laid there as a youngish white guy. One poster claimed random girls from clubs were begging to have their pics taken with him, like he was a celebrity lol.
It really depends on your character. If you are shy, anti-social in your country, the philippines isn't gonna change that completely. If you are afraid to approach girls or don't know what to say or don't wanna internet date, then the philippines isn't gonna be great for you. Don't expect girls to simply bow down to you, start running up to you thinking you are their savior "oh F*** me white man with your giant D***." You will surely be surprised if you have that mind state. And sadly many foreigners do have this.

However, if you are friendly, not a douche, interested in the culture and open to the reality of the philippines, you won't have a problem slaying regular girls. Don't come in with the western mindset. Insulting girls doesn't work here. Being a douche doesn't work here. Being fun and interesting does. You will see Transsexuals everywhere; you will have gay men hit on you; you will see some crazy shit. But make sure you take it objectively and not let it ruin your fun. Dance, sing, be friendly and girls will notice. Being average looking is all you need.

I'm not a hound dog by any means. I'm relatively attractive 5'9", muscular (powerlifter), brown hair blue eyed 24 YO white boy. However, I'm not interested in racking up the number of lays. I much prefer to find that one girl I like and travel around and enjoy the time together. In my 3 trips totaling 2.5 months I've slept with only 5 pinays. But I'm at 100% with the girls I wanted to (3 of which were on the first night).

Most will say you can do so much better and I really can but its not my style. I simply can't fathom those guys who say they slept with 3-4 girls a day. I could never be that big of a douche to ask a girl up to my room after a meal at jollibees. Realistically if you tried you could sleep with a chick a day if you were good with the ladies. If not then a few a week maybe. That's only Manila though, a whole different story for province areas (being a lot harder to get laid, but very easy to meet women).
I only act shy in the west because of how American bitches have treated me over the years. It's like I'm committing some grievous offense by approaching them. Conversely, if I know a girl is likely to behave friendly toward me, I have no problem taking charge.

Like you (and most guys), I desire a romantic connection that goes beyond sex. At the same time, I'll probably "slut it up" a bit as well. Can't really blame me after being denied this basic need for 27 years.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Jeremy wrote:
hammanta wrote:

I only act shy in the west because of how American bitches have treated me over the years. It's like I'm committing some grievous offense by approaching them. Conversely, if I know a girl is likely to behave friendly toward me, I have no problem taking charge.

Like you (and most guys), I desire a romantic connection that goes beyond sex. At the same time, I'll probably "slut it up" a bit as well. Can't really blame me after being denied this basic need for 27 years.
Then you shouldn't have much of a problem there. It's just that so many men read stories on Roosh or NN and expect it to be the same for them. They expect it to be some "sex" paradise where women throw themselves at you and then they get there and realize it takes some effort and not every woman is in awe of your white skin. Don't allow sex to ruin your trip. You will have a terrible time if all you are worried about is trying to get laid every night. Set up some dates online before you come, read up on the culture and places to go, and perhaps try to find other travelers.

Trust me it's so much easier here than it is the west but don't let that over take you. Women are friendly and easy to chat up. Most have good morals and are at least somewhat attractive. Honestly the biggest high for me is the lack of competition. Like I said I'm not a tall guy and in most clubs in the U.S. I'm not even close to the best looking one in there but I have that celebrity feeling all the time in the Philippines. You do at times feel like a rockstar. Use that in a good way to boost your confidence but don't become egotistical as well.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

hammanta wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
hammanta wrote:

Then you shouldn't have much of a problem there. It's just that so many men read stories on Roosh or NN and expect it to be the same for them. They expect it to be some "sex" paradise where women throw themselves at you and then they get there and realize it takes some effort and not every woman is in awe of your white skin. Don't allow sex to ruin your trip. You will have a terrible time if all you are worried about is trying to get laid every night. Set up some dates online before you come, read up on the culture and places to go, and perhaps try to find other travelers.

Trust me it's so much easier here than it is the west but don't let that over take you. Women are friendly and easy to chat up. Most have good morals and are at least somewhat attractive. Honestly the biggest high for me is the lack of competition. Like I said I'm not a tall guy and in most clubs in the U.S. I'm not even close to the best looking one in there but I have that celebrity feeling all the time in the Philippines. You do at times feel like a rockstar. Use that in a good way to boost your confidence but don't become egotistical as well.
I think you got the right attitude here.
Understand the uniqueness of the Philippines,doesn't get too egotistical and doesn't treat the girls like shit because we can have like a celebrity feeling.
Every time i went to Thailand(keep reading Phils will be better)it was a hard time to come back to France.
You get from a hight position to a quite low one.
You get from having easy interaction,easy smile from women,to women who are defensive,who are not smiling at all.

One of the correct way is to prepare in advance by internet.
In my opinion meeting some few girls,the connection is there so hopefully this will be a start to have more people knowing you.

In Thailand i got some time disapointed because in a way they can be cliquish in BKK.
I could meet some women after chatting but they wouldn't open anymore about their friends or life.
Some clearly told me it's because they don't want to mix friends and in some way keeps farangs and Thais separated.
It shouldn't be the case for the Phils as my comprehension goes.

Maybe having a buddy there,who knows the place or discovering together,will give some help.

My worst problem and still it's there to some extent,is to cope with the changing status you can get in SEA compared to what you have where you live now.
That can be quite difficult to handle.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

green1976 wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
hammanta wrote:

I think you got the right attitude here.
Understand the uniqueness of the Philippines,doesn't get too egotistical and doesn't treat the girls like shit because we can have like a celebrity feeling.
Every time i went to Thailand(keep reading Phils will be better)it was a hard time to come back to France.
You get from a hight position to a quite low one.
You get from having easy interaction,easy smile from women,to women who are defensive,who are not smiling at all.

One of the correct way is to prepare in advance by internet.
In my opinion meeting some few girls,the connection is there so hopefully this will be a start to have more people knowing you.

In Thailand i got some time disapointed because in a way they can be cliquish in BKK.
I could meet some women after chatting but they wouldn't open anymore about their friends or life.
Some clearly told me it's because they don't want to mix friends and in some way keeps farangs and Thais separated.
It shouldn't be the case for the Phils as my comprehension goes.

Maybe having a buddy there,who knows the place or discovering together,will give some help.

My worst problem and still it's there to some extent,is to cope with the changing status you can get in SEA compared to what you have where you live now.
That can be quite difficult to handle.
For the most part, the Philippines isn't cliqquish. Sure in some of the top clubs in Manila yes, but provinces areas not very much so. The best thing would be to get a feel for the philippines and stay in Manila for a weekend, then head off to one of the lesser known province areas such as Cagayan de Oro or Bacolod City.

I think a tip many writers in this forum don't give is the importance of filipina/o friends. Not every girl you meet has to be a sex buddy. Don't be afraid to befriend people. That is literally the best way to see the culture and opens up a window of opportunities to meet other women. I have about 50 filipina friends on facebook simply because I had went out on a date with one of their friends. They have become life long friends and are always eager for me to come back.

Another option is couch surfing. You don't have to stay on the couch but it is a good site to meet locals and other travelers and isn't pushy.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Yes,the Philippines doesn't sound too cliquish,Thais looks to be more cliquish i reckon.
The most cliquish are the Thai chinese of BKK,they just like to snob at the others Thais and take a pride to makes feel Westerners as invisible.

Just stroll in an upscale shopping mall so you feel the SK type female mood..so ridiculous,obnoxious,superficial.

Does the Pinoys pack in case of trouble against a foreigner?
In Thailand you should expect to be treated as the trouble maker even if you are clearly on the good side.
beenderdonedat
Freshman Poster

Post by beenderdonedat »

Mongered extensively all over mexico and currently living in da Philippines. Some of the posters on this board have it exactly right, others are bs artists wout a clue. I could tell u more,but the dummies on dis board wasted my time with their idiotic registraton process,so i won't. Internet is a big place and most of these sites don't deserve to benefit from my years of experience.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by MrMan »

green1976 wrote:Does an average Western man who is shy but not anti social can broke the glass?

But you is can does write more like the average Asian man in your usages of grammars.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've never been to the Philippines, and I'm looking through the thread. I lived in Indonesia for many years and met my wife there.

I'm thinking the posts in this thread make Filippina city girls seem really slutty, and it's rather sad to think about. Are there also a lot of city girls who try to keep their virginity until marriage who'd turn down these posters who want to sleep with them? Do those kind of girls not frequent the clubs and other places where these men pick up women.

Virginity before marriage sure seemed to be the norm and expectation in Jakarta where I lived before, the capital city. I'm sure there were plenty of prostitutes and loose women. I heard stories of certain bars where expat men went to get laid. I suspect there was a pool of men drawing from a relatively small pool of local girls, sharing biological material and diseases.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

MrMan wrote:I've never been to the Philippines, and I'm looking through the thread. I lived in Indonesia for many years and met my wife there.

I'm thinking the posts in this thread make Filippina city girls seem really slutty, and it's rather sad to think about. Are there also a lot of city girls who try to keep their virginity until marriage who'd turn down these posters who want to sleep with them? Do those kind of girls not frequent the clubs and other places where these men pick up women.

Virginity before marriage sure seemed to be the norm and expectation in Jakarta where I lived before, the capital city. I'm sure there were plenty of prostitutes and loose women. I heard stories of certain bars where expat men went to get laid. I suspect there was a pool of men drawing from a relatively small pool of local girls, sharing biological material and diseases.
Its a different kind of slutty in my opinion. I've slept with several girls on the first night meeting them but throughout the whole night I could of sworn they didn't like me and were bored. Most never showed any signs of being DTF and were by no means slutty. If I like the chick I'll be a "gentlemen" and ask if they want a cab home. If they seem hesitant or don't say anything then I ask them back to my hotel. Honestly even then getting them back they are usually shy and not physcal. I've found out that they truly just don't want to be alone or don't plan on sex at all. But generally if you make a move they are gonna give in. Once you close the deal you usually have them whenever you want. Single Filipinas usually just want a man and will generally do whatever if they like a guy and think it will go beyond just one night. I'd say they are generally more naïve than slutty.

Of course there are slutty party girls there but there are still plenty of conservative virgin girls as well. Philippines is an easy place to get laid for a lot of foreigners mainly because your level is higher here, there are much more single bangable girls, and most of the females there are friendly and open to foreigners causing your confidence to soar, improving your game.