Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Spammer!

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

This user is a spammer: theptertrem

Please block and delete as soon as possible.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why are there so many spam attacks from Russia?

Do Peter Andrew Nolan's enemies have anything to do with this?

To stop this flood of attacks, I'm going to set new user registrations to be activated only by Admin for now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I've stopped the spam attacks by disabling user activation. But the problem is that any new genuine users will also not be able to activate their account. Also, everyday HUNDREDS of spam accounts are being created on this forum, even though they are not being activated. So I have to prune the memberlist by deleting new members with zero posts everyday. It's crazy.

What can we do? At this point, newly registered users will not be able to post. But if I re-enable user activation, then hundreds of spam posters will be posting.

What's the solution? There is no option in the admin panel to put new users on moderated status, not in this phpbb version.

I'll either have to try changing the humanizer question, or block all the spammers from India again by putting all the IP's from that country into the htaccess file.

Any suggestions?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts from michealuse. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for various marketing schemes.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

nicolaspersey <<<<<< spammer claiming to be selling fake passports
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts from EvrikdubRUS. He was spamming the forum with advertisements and multi-level marketing schemes.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts of chrisrow, who was posting advertisements for wigs! :shock:

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

sheilmolson <<<< spammer
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts of mixercomm. He was posting threads selling sound systems and amplifiers.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts of dracobell. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for auto insurance. Winston here is the link for his profile:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10013

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just banned and deleted the posts of gayborluara. He was spamming the forum with advertisements for cell phones. Winston, here is the link for his profile,

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10021

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks. Good job guys. I deleted those new spammers. Can you delete profiles too Jamesbond?

You don't need to report a spammer unless they haven't been banned or deleted yet.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Thanks. Good job guys. I deleted those new spammers. Can you delete profiles too Jamesbond?
No I can't delete profiles.

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

zohendae <<< Spammer alert
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

***JP*** wrote:zohendae <<< Spammer alert
I just banned him and deleted his post, selling kitchen cabinets, what an illiterate turd. :roll: